Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2017, 02:37 PM   #1
Hillcountry

Default First cruise of the season

First cruise of the season today...felt like we never had a winter!
Windy as hell today so we kept our speed on the lower side, bow trimmed up and just did Paugus Bay down to Irwin, back out the channel (pretty good current) under Governor's Island bridge then around the East end and hugged the shorelines as much as possible back to Meredith.
Can't get over the number of people I see going well above no wake speed in all no wake areas...just blows my mind that there is so much disregard for the law out there. Rant over...but damn!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:33 PM   #2
Barney Bear

Default Windy and Wavy

Large waves today crashing on our dock on East Bear Island. Our next door neighbor opened their place today....said the ride out from Fay's was tough. 🌊
Barney Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:00 AM   #3
sum-r breeze

Default "......makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind

Maiden voyage for the "Summer Breeze" on Sunday! If you"get it" you get it. Our lake does somethimg amazing to us every time we are out on the water. Its almost like the rest of the world goes away...stress, worry, bills...it all just goes away. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Quick shout out to the Irwin Marine service staff at MVYC. Great job winterizing and Spring launching "The Breeze" She ran flawlessly on our short cruise on Sunday. Bring on the Summer!!!

The Breeze
Wave 'cuz I'll be wavin' back
sum-r breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:35 PM   #4
Water Camper

Default First Cruise

If some of you remember I debated about whether to have my engine rebuilt over the winter. I have a 1995 225 Sundowner FourWinns, has about 1700 hours.. I am the only owner, bought it new, it has only been on Winni. I like this boat and it has been good to me.
Bit the bullet and had it rebuilt. Took it out last Thursday for the first time, runs stronger than I ever remember. For the price it was a whole lot cheaper than buying a used boat and someone else's problems. Now as long as my outdrive holds up, I should be all set for a few more years.

Just thought I would update anyone interested.
Thanks,
Bill
Water Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:14 PM   #5
Patofnaud

Took it out yesterday, bit breezy and a bit cloudy, but all in all any day is a good day out.

Caught a small branch in the prop out near Eagle Isle that scared me for a few. Had to shut it down and raise the engine to let if free up. Darn nature!!!
Patofnaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2017, 05:36 PM   #6
bobkatfly

Was planning to get out from Winter Harbor this past weekend but it didn't happen. Got everything ready; washed, waxed, fresh tank ethanol free (first tank anyway). Just got too late. Will have to try and beat the crowds this weekend.
Bob F
bobkatfly is offline   Reply With Quote