Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Blogs Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2018, 08:21 AM   #1
upthesaukee
Senior Member
 
upthesaukee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Alton Bay
Posts: 4,462
Thanks: 1,268
Thanked 1,303 Times in 704 Posts
Default Lakeport Landing Marina Legal Woes Continue

Lakeport Landing Marina has an eviction notice served on them for the showroom that is in the process of being sold to Irwin Marine. Here are two articles from the Laconia Daily Sun, the first from the 3-27-2018 edition :

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/newsx...landing-marina

And the second from the 3-28-2018 :

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/newsx...nd-up-in-court

Here we go again...

Dave
__________________
I Live Here... I am always UPTHESAUKEE !!!!
upthesaukee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:01 AM   #2
Tmm1974
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Laconia
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I thought Irwin was going to lease the showroom building to Lakeport giving them time to renovate the fire station. I guess thatís not happening.
Tmm1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:26 AM   #3
AC2717
Senior Member
 
AC2717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maynard, MA & Paugus Bay
Posts: 2,009
Thanks: 514
Thanked 218 Times in 158 Posts
Default

seems like Lakeport likes to drag their feet on anything, they knew well ahead of time the lease ending date and what they needed to do by then, just like they knew they could be outbid, and allegedly had first right of refusal (i say allegedly because who knows if it was true). Sounds like sour grapes to me and the Town is actually following through the right way.

As it is Lakeport lease just got extended to April 20th
__________________
Capt. of the "No Worries"
AC2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:30 AM   #4
MeredithMan
Senior Member
 
MeredithMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Meredith & Sudbury, MA
Posts: 411
Thanks: 132
Thanked 399 Times in 132 Posts
Default

Given that LL was the successful bidder on the old fire station and went through the expense of hiring an architect to come up with a cool design for a showroom and publishing it in the paper, it would seem that LL is just giving a giant middle finger to the city at this point. Doing it just for spite and the sport of it...

OR....they don't have the dough to do any of the things they have signed up to do...??

If I were Chris-Craft, I would seriously be considering pulling the franchise. Is this the type of dealer you want representing a high-end boat??
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:42 AM   #5
Doobs41378
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 439
Thanks: 33
Thanked 58 Times in 47 Posts
Default Lakeport Landing Marina Legal Woes Continue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
Given that LL was the successful bidder on the old fire station and went through the expense of hiring an architect to come up with a cool design for a showroom and publishing it in the paper, it would seem that LL is just giving a giant middle finger to the city at this point. Doing it just for spite and the sport of it...



OR....they don't have the dough to do any of the things they have signed up to do...??



If I were Chris-Craft, I would seriously be considering pulling the franchise. Is this the type of dealer you want representing a high-end boat??

I wonder what contracts say about things like this.




Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Last edited by Doobs41378; 03-28-2018 at 11:54 AM.
Doobs41378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2018, 11:32 AM   #6
Seaplane Pilot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 778
Thanks: 261
Thanked 378 Times in 149 Posts
Default

There are two sides to every story. I suspect their lawyer is counseling them on what / what not to do.

On the other hand, I love seeing them stick it to the City of Laconia. It's a "mini swamp" that needs also to be drained and cleansed.
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:17 PM   #7
WinnisquamZ
Member
 
WinnisquamZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 40
Thanks: 8
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

The city awarded them the winning bid so they would drop the law suit. Now, we are back to a law suit and they remain in business another season. Also, Irwin wonít pay the 500k they promised. It appears only the lawyers are making money


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:49 PM   #8
Outdoorsman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 491
Thanks: 46
Thanked 103 Times in 68 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
The city awarded them the winning bid so they would drop the law suit. Now, we are back to a law suit and they remain in business another season. Also, Irwin wonít pay the 500k they promised. It appears only the lawyers are making money


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Blizzard and her ilk need to go away, forever. Until that happens, she will continue to suck... from every direction she can.
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:53 PM   #9
Seaplane Pilot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 778
Thanks: 261
Thanked 378 Times in 149 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
Blizzard and her ilk need to go away, forever. Until that happens, she will continue to suck... from every direction she can.
Who exactly are her ďilkĒ? Customers, employees, neighbors? Please elaborate.
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:07 PM   #10
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,824
Thanks: 543
Thanked 617 Times in 385 Posts
Default

IMO Lakeport Landing Marina should have be able to buy the showroom building on 21 Elm street without it going out to bid. Somehow it should have been worked out between the city & the people who have leased it for many years.
__________________
It's never crowded along the extra mile.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 03:26 PM   #11
Woodsy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Weirs Beach
Posts: 1,440
Thanks: 37
Thanked 587 Times in 234 Posts
Default

I do not understand why everyone just wants to pile on with negativity.

No doubt there is some posturing going on... but this is between the City lawyers & the Lakeport's lawyers. It is very common practice between commercial landlords and businesses.

Not for nothing.. but I am in agreement with Rusty on this... The city should have worked it out with Lakeport Landing. I am pretty sure Paul Blizzard would not have developed the property in question without 1st right of refusal. Nobody would spend the $$ on a new building just so that they might arbitrarily lose it in 20 years...


Woodsy
__________________
The only way to eliminate ignorant behavior is through education. You can't fix stupid.
Woodsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 03:43 PM   #12
AC2717
Senior Member
 
AC2717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maynard, MA & Paugus Bay
Posts: 2,009
Thanks: 514
Thanked 218 Times in 158 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
I do not understand why everyone just wants to pile on with negativity.

No doubt there is some posturing going on... but this is between the City lawyers & the Lakeport's lawyers. It is very common practice between commercial landlords and businesses.

Not for nothing.. but I am in agreement with Rusty on this... The city should have worked it out with Lakeport Landing. I am pretty sure Paul Blizzard would not have developed the property in question without 1st right of refusal. Nobody would spend the $$ on a new building just so that they might arbitrarily lose it in 20 years...


Woodsy
while that might be a good notion, one that i don't really disagree with problem is the city has to put out to bid, its required.
__________________
Capt. of the "No Worries"
AC2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 03:55 PM   #13
Woodsy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Weirs Beach
Posts: 1,440
Thanks: 37
Thanked 587 Times in 234 Posts
Default

Even with 1st refusal the city would have to "put it out to bid"... The issues is the city didn't put any real restrictions on the property. (keep the buildings, maintain taxable value etc)

It is my understanding Irwin plans to level the buildings and make the lot a parking lot for their customers.... so instead of the city collecting $8K (total assessment $358.7K) a year in taxes... the city will be lucky to get $1.5K a year. (Parcel is assessed @ $55.8K)

Woodsy
__________________
The only way to eliminate ignorant behavior is through education. You can't fix stupid.
Woodsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:26 PM   #14
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,062
Thanks: 189
Thanked 158 Times in 99 Posts
Default

I have had good experiences with both businesses and purchased my last boat and store it at Irwin.

However, I do believe that Lakeport should have been given a better opportunity to keep the location and much of the disent on Lakeport has nothing to do with their business but outside factors.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:13 AM   #15
LIforrelaxin
Senior Member
 
LIforrelaxin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Posts: 2,087
Thanks: 736
Thanked 567 Times in 301 Posts
Default

Folks don't judge to much about is going on. There are likely more details here then are really understood, outside of those directly involved. I personally believed this was going to be a contentious mater, that would end up dragging out over time.

I do agree the ones making the money in the end will be the lawyers, and that is unfortunate.... but if that is how Irwin, Lakeport, and the City of Laconia, want to handle this, then that is the way it is going to be.

Who knows what the results of this entire show are going to be. Just grab some pop-corn enjoy the show... and realize we should have been lawyers....
__________________
Life is about how much time you can spend relaxing... I do it on an island that isn't really an island.....
LIforrelaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:40 AM   #16
Ms Molly McKever
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 69
Thanks: 31
Thanked 14 Times in 8 Posts
Default Legal Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Folks don't judge to much about is going on. There are likely more details here then are really understood, outside of those directly involved. I personally believed this was going to be a contentious mater, that would end up dragging out over time.

I do agree the ones making the money in the end will be the lawyers, and that is unfortunate.... but if that is how Irwin, Lakeport, and the City of Laconia, want to handle this, then that is the way it is going to be.

Who knows what the results of this entire show are going to be. Just grab some pop-corn enjoy the show... and realize we should have been lawyers....
We know the Laconia tax payer won't WIN !!! Just pay baby pay !!!
Ms Molly McKever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:39 PM   #17
Tank151
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston, MA & Laconia, NH
Posts: 115
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
Blizzard and her ilk need to go away, forever. Until that happens, she will continue to suck... from every direction she can.
Outdoorsman needs to chill-out!
Tank151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:25 AM   #18
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,542
Thanks: 178
Thanked 375 Times in 274 Posts
Default

This is a very well written newspaper report: http://www.unionleader.com/courts/La...court-04112018

Drove past the former Lakeport fire station a couple days ago and noticed a big, green dumpster close to the building. Sounds like it will need a big dumpster to get this trashy project completed? Maybe all parties involved can hop into dumpster, and get hauled away to the land fill instead of going to court?
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 04-11-2018 at 02:29 PM.
fatlazyless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:52 AM   #19
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,062
Thanks: 189
Thanked 158 Times in 99 Posts
Default Lakeport Landing Marina Legal Woes Continue

The city should be acting in an unbiased manor. Both issues are separate in the the demolition permit for a property that Lakeport has purchased and paid in full for should not be affected by the pending lawsuit at the existing location.


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:05 AM   #20
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,542
Thanks: 178
Thanked 375 Times in 274 Posts
Default

....step by step by step ..... one step is based on where the previous step lands ... so, vacating the 30-year marina building should get done before the demolition of the former fire station gets the city's green light .... with no good faith .... is a big problem!

City got a big problem here.
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!
fatlazyless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:36 AM   #21
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,062
Thanks: 189
Thanked 158 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
....step by step by step ..... one step is based on where the previous step lands ... so, vacating the 30-year marina building should get done before the demolition of the former fire station gets the city's green light .... with no good faith .... is a big problem!

City got a big problem here.
Legally one has nothing to do with the other. They are two separate properties and two separate transactions. The city is going to leave themselves open for more litigation by not acting independently and in the end cost the taxpayers even more in legal fees to defend.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:54 PM   #22
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,542
Thanks: 178
Thanked 375 Times in 274 Posts
Default

From today's LaDaSun: http://www.laconiadailysun.com/newsx...d-fire-station

Even if they are two separate transactions, (1)vacating and selling the old marina home building, and (2)demolishing the former fire station; they both involve the city, and the five different Laconia city councilors are thinking ...... what to do, what to do, what to do, what to do, what to do ..... how to proceed and what's in the best interest for the city here?
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!
fatlazyless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:01 PM   #23
FlyingScot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tuftonboro and Sudbury, MA
Posts: 327
Thanks: 103
Thanked 36 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
The city should be acting in an unbiased manor.

Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Unfortunately for Ms. Blizzard, unbiased does not mean unthinking. I do not know her, but when the headline screams "failing to keep her word", most folks would conclude that she is not the most reliable negotiating partner. The city would be negligent to ignore this information in their discussions with her on other matters. This is in the very same way that we would give extra credit to a person who had proven herself trustworthy over the years.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:25 AM   #24
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,062
Thanks: 189
Thanked 158 Times in 99 Posts
Default

I agree. I have meet Erika many times and the city is definitely not unbiased when it comes to her.


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:38 PM   #25
Woodsy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Weirs Beach
Posts: 1,440
Thanks: 37
Thanked 587 Times in 234 Posts
Default

Lets not forget that the mayor of Laconia owns the Laconia Daily Sun....

Woodsy
__________________
The only way to eliminate ignorant behavior is through education. You can't fix stupid.
Woodsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:28 PM   #26
FlyingScot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tuftonboro and Sudbury, MA
Posts: 327
Thanks: 103
Thanked 36 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Lets not forget that the mayor of Laconia owns the Laconia Daily Sun....

Woodsy
I did not know that. Thanks
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:18 PM   #27
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,062
Thanks: 189
Thanked 158 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Lets not forget that the mayor of Laconia owns the Laconia Daily Sun....



Woodsy


Wow Iím another that didnít know that.


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:08 PM   #28
TiltonBB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gilford, NH and Florida
Posts: 1,097
Thanks: 167
Thanked 584 Times in 223 Posts
Default Laconia Sun

The Laconia Daily Sun was founded 2000, with Ed Engler (the current Mayor) as publisher and John Hourihan as editor.

Engler assumed the position of editor in 2002 and held it until 2015 when he retired.

Lakes Region News Club, which owns The Laconia Daily Sun, is a partnership between President Edward J. Engler, Publisher Adam Hirshan and Mark Guerringue, publisher of The Conway Daily Sun.

Engler was elected mayor of Laconia in 2013 and again in 2015 and 2017. He has had health issues over the past year and has stated that he will not run again.
TiltonBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:58 AM   #29
SAMIAM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moultonborough
Posts: 2,262
Thanks: 127
Thanked 843 Times in 311 Posts
Default

That explains the bias against Erica. She must be a republican and Engler is left of Nancy Pelosi
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:24 PM   #30
Major
Senior Member
 
Major's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Laconia
Posts: 305
Thanks: 105
Thanked 122 Times in 64 Posts
Default Worse than Pelosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
That explains the bias against Erica. She must be a republican and Engler is left of Nancy Pelosi
He's a "republican" but acts like a democrat, which is the worst kind of politician! He's driving Laconia off the cliff.
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:13 PM   #31
FlyingScot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tuftonboro and Sudbury, MA
Posts: 327
Thanks: 103
Thanked 36 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
That explains the bias against Erica. She must be a republican and Engler is left of Nancy Pelosi
Well, it's good to know that the mayor owns the paper...

But that does not necessarily explain or prove bias, nor does left vs right politics. I hope we'd all agree that there are plenty of trustworthy people on both sides of the aisle.

The town has asserted that she "failed to keep her word" and the paper noted (perhaps with a bit of gratuitous bias) that she was found guilty of negligent homicide. Neither is a great reference, and neither has been contradicted in the paper or on this forum.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:35 PM   #32
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,062
Thanks: 189
Thanked 158 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
Well, it's good to know that the mayor owns the paper...



But that does not necessarily explain or prove bias, nor does left vs right politics. I hope we'd all agree that there are plenty of trustworthy people on both sides of the aisle.



The town has asserted that she "failed to keep her word" and the paper noted (perhaps with a bit of gratuitous bias) that she was found guilty of negligent homicide. Neither is a great reference, and neither has been contradicted in the paper or on this forum.


Iím sorry and I am Not defending either prior situation but she is asking for a demolition permit for a renovation an improvement project on a currently vacant building which she already purchased and paid for from the city. Pretty easy to keep an eye on like you would anyone else applying for the same type of permit. City is blowing this out of proportion and just going to cost the taxpayers in the end.


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 03:06 PM   #33
eyvoom
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
Iím sorry and I am Not defending either prior situation but she is asking for a demolition permit for a renovation an improvement project on a currently vacant building which she already purchased and paid for from the city. Pretty easy to keep an eye on like you would anyone else applying for the same type of permit. City is blowing this out of proportion and just going to cost the taxpayers in the end.
The last I heard was something about the town wanting to make fire station a historical landmark. I don't know how old the fire station is, but it's definitely not a historical landmark.
eyvoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:04 AM   #34
TiltonBB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gilford, NH and Florida
Posts: 1,097
Thanks: 167
Thanked 584 Times in 223 Posts
Default Demolition Begins

Lakeport Landing has begun demolition of the old fire station.

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news...3ff537dfb.html
TiltonBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:41 AM   #35
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,062
Thanks: 189
Thanked 158 Times in 99 Posts
Default

It is nice to see Irwin and Lakeport came to an agreement for Lakeport to stay put until construction is completed.
The building being an intergral part of Lakeport does not make it an historical site and has been sitting vacant for years. There is no reason this project shouldnít be completed and will certainly add to the character of the area in addition to the city no collecting property tax on a newly renovated building.



Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:54 AM   #36
AC2717
Senior Member
 
AC2717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maynard, MA & Paugus Bay
Posts: 2,009
Thanks: 514
Thanked 218 Times in 158 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
It is nice to see Irwin and Lakeport came to an agreement for Lakeport to stay put until construction is completed.
The building being an intergral part of Lakeport does not make it an historical site and has been sitting vacant for years. There is no reason this project shouldn’t be completed and will certainly add to the character of the area in addition to the city no collecting property tax on a newly renovated building.



Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
100% agree here. That building has been neglected and down right ugly, and execpt for serving its purpose in the 1950s-1970s it is not (an integral part of lakeport insert humph and a laugh here) and has zero significance to the area except for those that want to continue about complaining about things.
Stop wasting tax payer money on BS
__________________
Capt. of the "No Worries"
AC2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:07 PM   #37
Outdoorsman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 491
Thanks: 46
Thanked 103 Times in 68 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
It is nice to see Irwin and Lakeport came to an agreement for Lakeport to stay put until construction is completed.
The building being an intergral part of Lakeport does not make it an historical site and has been sitting vacant for years. There is no reason this project shouldnít be completed and will certainly add to the character of the area in addition to the city no collecting property tax on a newly renovated building.
Nevertheless; this company does whatever they want. Good, bad or indifferent. History has proven that they are prepared to buy their way out of everything. "Do it now, Ask for forgiveness later".
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:26 PM   #38
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,062
Thanks: 189
Thanked 158 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
Nevertheless; this company does whatever they want. Good, bad or indifferent. History has proven that they are prepared to buy their way out of everything. "Do it now, Ask for forgiveness later".
That is a sweeping statement that I disagree with and you have provided no facts to back up. If the demolition was started I am sure the permit was finally issues or being in such a high profile contested location the City would have shut it done.

I have had good experiences with Lakeport as I have also had with Irwin. When it comes to Lakeport many tend to mix Erika's personal issues with the business. They are two different "entities"
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:59 AM   #39
ACME on the Broads
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 24
Thanks: 6
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Default Agree with Joey!

Have dealt with Erica for over 7 years now and her father Paul for over 25 years................I think she cares about city of Lakeport, Laconia, the Lake area and her customers as much as anyone. She has earned my trust, respect and loyalty.

I suspect if the grenade throwers got to know Erica better they'd recognize there is sincere quality of character and integrity in her DNA.
ACME on the Broads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:19 AM   #40
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,062
Thanks: 189
Thanked 158 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACME on the Broads View Post
Have dealt with Erica for over 7 years now and her father Paul for over 25 years................I think she cares about city of Lakeport, Laconia, the Lake area and her customers as much as anyone. She has earned my trust, respect and loyalty.



I suspect if the grenade throwers got to know Erica better they'd recognize there is sincere quality of character and integrity in her DNA.


I whole heartedly agree.


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:56 PM   #41
Cal Coon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Lakes Region
Posts: 50
Thanks: 1
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACME on the Broads View Post
Have dealt with Erica for over 7 years now and her father Paul for over 25 years................I think she cares about city of Lakeport, Laconia, the Lake area and her customers as much as anyone. She has earned my trust, respect and loyalty.

I suspect if the grenade throwers got to know Erica better they'd recognize there is sincere quality of character and integrity in her DNA.
Some people said the same thing about Ted Kennedy too. Denial is not just a river in Egypt...
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:52 AM   #42
WinnisquamZ
Member
 
WinnisquamZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 40
Thanks: 8
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Ouch


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:20 AM   #43
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,062
Thanks: 189
Thanked 158 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Coon View Post
Some people said the same thing about Ted Kennedy too. Denial is not just a river in Egypt...
Big difference. He got away with it. This is strictly about the business not personal issues.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:02 PM   #44
sum-r breeze
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Burlington Ma / Laconia NH
Posts: 321
Thanks: 89
Thanked 96 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACME on the Broads View Post
Have dealt with Erica for over 7 years now and her father Paul for over 25 years................I think she cares about city of Lakeport, Laconia, the Lake area and her customers as much as anyone. She has earned my trust, respect and loyalty.

I suspect if the grenade throwers got to know Erica better they'd recognize there is sincere quality of character and integrity in her DNA.
Wow this is rich! Certainly NOT my experience with the Blizzard family
sum-r breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:33 PM   #45
Water Camper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pembroke, NH / Laconia, NH
Posts: 377
Thanks: 7
Thanked 174 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum-r breeze View Post
Wow this is rich! Certainly NOT my experience with the Blizzard family
Walter

No offense intended, but you and I have had different experiences.

Hope to see you guys on the lake !
Bill
Water Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:48 PM   #46
kjbathe
Senior Member
 
kjbathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 280
Thanks: 3
Thanked 21 Times in 11 Posts
Default

This whole thread made me chuckle. The squabbling, the accusations, but most of all the claims that "I didn't know" a "historic" building was going to be torn down. 😂 It reminds me of the very same show we watched when the Hathaway House met its end.

Personally, I'm glad to see the Lakeport station go. It has been abandoned longer than it was in use. Even if this is our nation's finest example of mid century modern stacked brick utilitarian whateveryoucallit, take a picture and press on. It's an abandoned garage. I welcome any addition to Lakeport that removes legacy blight and replaces it with lights. 👍
kjbathe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kjbathe For This Useful Post:
gwhite13 (05-31-2018), SAMIAM (05-27-2018)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.26714 seconds