Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-25-2018, 12:05 PM   #1
TRJ143

Thumbs down Rymes Propane

Anyone else having any problems with Rymes???
They insist on charging me for propane pumped through a broken meter that had the numbers spinning too fast. Called and complained, meter was inspected, found to be broken, and replaced.
But, they insist I pay for the readings on the broken meter!!
Any suggestions???
This all started with the receipt of a bill more than double any previous bill of the last 4 years.
TRJ143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 03:36 PM   #2
swnoel

Do you have anything from them stating the meter was broken?
swnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 05:42 PM   #3
TRJ143

Quote:
Originally Posted by swnoel View Post
Do you have anything from them stating the meter was broken?
Technician came Feb 1st to inspect meter. Did a bunch of tests, determined meter was spinning faster than normal. Replaced meter Feb 12th.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2018, 06:30 AM   #4
Blyblvrd

We’ve had problems with Rymes. First we ran out of oil because they said we were not on Auto delivery which we said we wanted when we bought our house two years ago. Then we ran out of oil again a year later and they said we were on Auto delivery but we were on COD and they tried to call (we have no record of a call) and couldnt reach us so no oil was delivered in the middle of winter. When we called to get oil delivered they had no record of our account (even though they’ve been delivering oil for two years). They charged us $125 for emergency delivery and despite four requests the manager has yet to call us back.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Blyblvrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 06:38 AM   #5
swnoel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJ143 View Post
Technician came Feb 1st to inspect meter. Did a bunch of tests, determined meter was spinning faster than normal. Replaced meter Feb 12th.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Did he give you a copy of what he found? I'm assuming you have an underground 1000 metered to multiple units. Get a copy of the delivery ticket and find out what the usage was between the time it was filled and refilled. Check the usage of all meters between that time and see it it adds up. It's pretty easy to do.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2018, 06:40 AM   #6
swnoel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyblvrd View Post
We’ve had problems with Rymes. First we ran out of oil because they said we were not on Auto delivery which we said we wanted when we bought our house two years ago. Then we ran out of oil again a year later and they said we were on Auto delivery but we were on COD and they tried to call (we have no record of a call) and couldnt reach us so no oil was delivered in the middle of winter. When we called to get oil delivered they had no record of our account (even though they’ve been delivering oil for two years). They charged us $125 for emergency delivery and despite four requests the manager has yet to call us back.

Usually someone on auto delivery will have a CC on file so this doesn't happen. If they delivered to you they have a record.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:46 AM   #7
Blyblvrd

Quote:
Usually someone on auto delivery will have a CC on file so this doesn't happen. If they delivered to you they have a record.

That was our point. How can you be delivering and not have an account. They said the trucks technically cant deliver without an account number. They sent a truck, I was there, the driver said she had to track the delivery on a blank receipt because there was no account number. They clearly have an issue with our account in their systems. Despite our attempts no manager will call us back.

Blyblvrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 06:55 AM   #8
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

I have used Rymes for 15 years. I have never had a problem with them and the problem with the defective meter surprises me.

I assume you have a written document that confirms they replaced the defective meter.

I think you have a number of choices to resolve this:

Send a complaint letter describing your problem to James Rymes, President of Rymes. Mark it "Personal" so it will most likely be opened by him. I would be surprised if he does not take some action.

Make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau

Call the Attorney Generals Consumer Affairs office and make a written complaint. Sometimes their input will help. If you make a written complaint send a copy to Rymes.

I don't think you will have to take all these steps because I assume Rymes will see the need to resolve this issue. I would pay the bill at this time so that your credit is not affected and assume that at some future date you will get your money back.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:05 AM   #9
MeredithMan

Default No issues...

We've been a Rymes propane customer for almost 6 years. No issues. For the folks that have / had issues, are you the former Fred Fuller customers? When Fuller went bust a couple years ago, Rymes bought them out and I do recall hearing stories that the Fuller customers had been left in a lurch as the Fuller ship sank. I would think that their systems and account numbers, etc, would have been merged by now....
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:10 AM   #10
TRJ143

Quote:
Did he give you a copy of what he found? I'm assuming you have an underground 1000 metered to multiple units. Get a copy of the delivery ticket and find out what the usage was between the time it was filled and refilled. Check the usage of all meters between that time and see it it adds up. It's pretty easy to do.
Meter is on side of building(condo with 3 units, 3 meters and 1 underground tank)
Old 03-26-2018, 07:12 AM   #11
TRJ143

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
I have used Rymes for 15 years. I have never had a problem with them and the problem with the defective meter surprises me.

I assume you have a written document that confirms they replaced the defective meter.

I think you have a number of choices to resolve this:

Send a complaint letter describing your problem to James Rymes, President of Rymes. Mark it "Personal" so it will most likely be opened by him. I would be surprised if he does not take some action.

Make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau

Call the Attorney Generals Consumer Affairs office and make a written complaint. Sometimes their input will help. If you make a written complaint send a copy to Rymes.

I don't think you will have to take all these steps because I assume Rymes will see the need to resolve this issue. I would pay the bill at this time so that your credit is not affected and assume that at some future date you will get your money back.
I had to be here when they replaced meter to keep gas shut off, turn off furnace...my problem is getting no response from numerous calls and emails?