Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2014, 10:11 AM   #1
TRJ143

Thumbs up Moving to Meredith....HELP

Couple of Seniors interested in Meredith Bay OVER 55 Community on Rt 25 just up from Meredith Center.....looking for pros and cons of that community, rules, restrictions, etc....any Forum Members living there????
Coming from condo living in Westford, MA.....also, anyone know of any more condos coming up for sale there soon....
Thanks, in advance, for all info given....
TRJ143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
feb

Default Summer Traffic

Not that typical summer traffic is light anyplace in the area but I believe that location (if I'm thinking of the right location) is very busy with all of the Meredith to Moultonboro traffic. I think you'd be in a traffic jam every time you leave the driveway. But it is walkable to downtown which is very nice.
feb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #3
TRJ143

Thumbs up Moving to Meredith....HELP

We are definitely prepared for the summer traffic, which makes that location an easy walk to town/restaurants, etc...:-)
Old 03-13-2014, 01:15 PM   #4
Billy Bob

Default you need a good agent

Call the Meredith RE/MAX office and get a great agent
Billy Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #5
TRJ143

Default Moving to Meredith....HELP

Thanks, already have a RE-MAX agent....
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2014, 02:28 PM   #6
WeirsBeachBoater

I have known residents there, and I know employees there. I haven't heard anything negative about the place. The few times I have visited, everyone was very nice, accommodating, and it's very clean.
WeirsBeachBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WeirsBeachBoater For This Useful Post:
TRJ143 (03-13-2014)
Old 03-13-2014, 06:57 PM   #7
Oregonrain

Location: For now I live in Lebanon, OR, but this summer I'll be living somewhere in the Lakes Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJ143 View Post
Couple of Seniors interested in Meredith Bay OVER 55 Community on Rt 25 just up from Meredith Center.....looking for pros and cons of that community, rules, restrictions, etc....any Forum Members living there????
Coming from condo living in Westford, MA.....also, anyone know of any more condos coming up for sale there soon....
Are there any other over 55 communities in the Lakes Region? My in-laws are looking for a place. They are on a very fixed budget.
Oregonrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #8
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default 55+

There are many 55+ associations. I am in Wildwood Village in Laconia on lake Winnisquam. Easy walk to downtown Laconia and reasonable quarterly association payments. Payments depends on sq footage of your unit. The only drawback is limited parking, strict pet rules. Boats, RV etc have tp be stored off premises. It takes me half hour to walk to boat docked in Lakeport.
Oregonrain (03-13-2014)
Old 03-13-2014, 08:06 PM   #9
boat_guy64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJ143 View Post

We have a friend from New Jersey that was visiting the lake about 6 years ago and stopped in to look at the places there. Her and her husband bought one and moved in soon after. Then her mother bought one and moved in as well. They like it very much and have been there ever since. They live in the townhouses, not the garden style. I've never been in the Garden style places. They are very happy with the decision.
boat_guy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:47 PM   #10
goldengirl

Default Good Location

We've owned a home in Meredith for 20 years. I think that location is very convenient. You will be walking distance to the market, DD, and all the great restaurants and shops at Mills Falls. I think traffic is relative. If you are from a city, it won't be considered traffic to you. And mostly the back ups are predictable during Saturday checkouts and Sunday departures. The weekdays aren't a big deal. Best of luck - Lake Winni is a little piece of heaven for sure!
goldengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:52 AM   #11
tis

Thanked 1,379 Times in 955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonrain View Post
Are there any other over 55 communities in the Lakes Region? My in-laws are looking for a place. They are on a very fixed budget.
There is one in Wolfeboro just off Rt 28. I just can't think of the name right now. It is mostly modular homes. Last I knew they ranged in the 100,000+-. There is one ( I think it is over 55) on Rte 109A in Tuftonboro which is trailers and is much less expensive than that. Those two come to mind.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:08 AM   #12
Chaselady

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
There is one in Wolfeboro just off Rt 28. I just can't think of the name right now. It is mostly modular homes. Last I knew they ranged in the 100,000+-. There is one ( I think it is over 55) on Rte 109A in Tuftonboro which is trailers and is much less expensive than that. Those two come to mind.
I would avoid the one in Tuftonboro on 109A. We have had 2 friends who owned property there and sold because there were so many restrictions.
Chaselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:11 AM   #13
tis

Thanked 1,379 Times in 955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaselady View Post
I would avoid the one in Tuftonboro on 109A. We have had 2 friends who owned property there and sold because there were so many restrictions.
Really? That's interesting. I have a friend whose Mom lives there and I never heard that. She has a dog so I know animals are allowed. Do you know what the restrictions are?
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:41 AM   #14
Chaselady

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Really? That's interesting. I have a friend whose Mom lives there and I never heard that. She has a dog so I know animals are allowed. Do you know what the restrictions are?
It's been a few years, and they both sold for these reasons. It is a community run co-op, and I remember the friends reporting that many of the neighbors were always watching what you were up to.
It is well maintained, and if you are the kind of person who likes neighbors keeping an eye on you and your place you might like it.
Small pets and children are allowed, which is unusual for an over 55 community.
You have to use it as a primary residence, so if you travel part of the year, or just aren't living there, you can't rent it out.
You can only have a certain number living there.
There may be limitations what you can park in your yard.
Chaselady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaselady For This Useful Post:
Oregonrain (03-14-2014)