Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
NH918

Unhappy O Steaks and Seafood

My best friend and I go to O for each of our birthdays because it is the nicest restaurant with the best food in the Lakes Region. Until our recent visit, the food and service had always been exceptional. We go for my birthday on 9/18 and this time we bring friends, therefore, it is a party of seven. The food was just as great as always, however, the service was horrific! We had reservations, so we were seated immediately. Then it took about 45 minutes to get a drink. Out waitress was so slow, I stopped our waitress we normally have (Lisa) and asked her to bring us some bread since the other waitress had not after 45 minutes and we were starving. She never asked if we wanted another drink which we all did. Two friends did not even get their soup until after we had what we were eating as our main course and it was only because Lisa was asked to get it. Then we ask where their main dish is since we were eating. It turns out it was never ordered by the waitress. By now, my guests don't even want it. I went over to Lisa and explained this poor service was ruining my birthday celebration as I spent the whole time worrying about my guests getting what they needed. I asked that something be done for them and she said she would get the Manager.

Our waitress sees me talking with Lisa again and comes over to my table and in front of all my guests, confronts me in a very rude manner asking what she missed. I responded the bread, soup, Ahi Tuna and we would have liked more drinks. How embarrassing on top of the poor service. My friend actually asked her if the Manager told her to come and embarrass me like that and she responded no. I never saw the Manager and as we are cashing out, the waitress says she put in the Ahi Tuna. At this point we are leaving and going out for the night so they had no desire or time for it.

I never expected this. We have always had top notch service from Lisa. This really ruined my birthday dinner. I expect 5 star service there and certainly did not receive any where near it.
NH918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
lunch lady

Talking

Don't give up on them. I'm sure the owner will see your comments and make the necessary correction to improve staff. O's is also one of my favorite restaurant in the Lakes Region.

Recently went to Fratello's for lunch and had a very poor quality lunch which was unusal as this is also one of my favorites. I wrote to management and got a very nice reply plus a gift certificate.

Be nice when you write to them.
lunch lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:29 PM   #3
Pineedles

First Post NH918? In the past I may have blasted you, however I remain a steadfast critic of any of Scott's restaraunts, particularly the O. Agree with the great food aspect of your post, but on your special day you deserve better. You have a right to complain.

BTW, I had a great birthday dinner yesterday 10/02 at The Draft Sports bar in Concord with some awesome candidates for elected offfice in NH, as well as some down to earth members of www.sbonh.org. Super Pizza and crudites! DRAIN THE SWAMP!
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
Resident 2B

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
First Post NH918? In the past I may have blasted you, however I remain a steadfast critic of any of Scott's restaraunts, particularly the O. Agree with the great food aspect of your post, but on your special day you deserve better. You have a right to complain.

BTW, I had a great birthday dinner yesterday 10/02 at The Draft Sports bar in Concord with some awesome candidates for elected offfice in NH, as well as some down to earth members of www.sbonh.org. Super Pizza and crudites! DRAIN THE SWAMP!
Happy (belated) Birthday, Pineedles!

39th?

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:49 PM   #5
RI Swamp Yankee

oops, the forum software must have burped again:

Quote:
The Following 4,294,967,295 Users Say Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post:
.... but there were no names.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:28 AM   #6
Pineedles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident 2B View Post
Happy (belated) Birthday, Pineedles!

39th?

R2B
R2B,

Thank you. 39, ummm, ok. Just like Jack Benny.

RISY,

No, 4 million sounds about right. I think that was my latest facebook friend count.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #7
Irish mist

We had a great lunch there today For under $25 we had the Lobster & Mac & the Kobe meatloaf with potatos. Great service & a great view of the lake. It was our first time there & I am quite pleased with the experience.

Last edited by Irish mist; 04-21-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Irish mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #8
Little Bear

Default Steak in Boston

My favorite steakhouse is opening a location in Boston on Saturday in the old Jimmy's Harborside: http://www.delfriscos.com/ If you ever have the opportunity, check this place out - it's really incredible. I'd give the Boston location a few months to work out the bugs, but anyone that travels can hit one of their other locations. I've only been to the one in New York, but it was a notch above Capitol Grill, Morton's, Smith & Wollensky and Ruth's Chris. Now if we could only get them to open a Weir's Beach location
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:43 AM   #9
Grady223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bear View Post
My favorite steakhouse is opening a location in Boston on Saturday in the old Jimmy's Harborside: http://www.delfriscos.com/ If you ever have the opportunity, check this place out - it's really incredible. I'd give the Boston location a few months to work out the bugs, but anyone that travels can hit one of their other locations. I've only been to the one in New York, but it was a notch above Capitol Grill, Morton's, Smith & Wollensky and Ruth's Chris. Now if we could only get them to open a Weir's Beach location
I agree, the it is my favorite steakhouse in NYC. I know this is sacrilege to anyone familiar with NYC steakhouses, but I liker it better than Peter Luger's!
Grady223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #10
Winnisquamguy

Default South

I thought I would mention Scott opened another place in Concord

O Steaks & Seafood South
11 South Main Street, Concord, NH 03301- (603) 856-7925 ‎
Old 04-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #11
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady223 View Post
I agree, the it is my favorite steakhouse in NYC. I know this is sacrilege to anyone familiar with NYC steakhouses, but I liker it better than Peter Luger's!
Well then I am definitely going to have to try this place out! For pure quality of meat Peter Luger's is hard to beat, they are one of the greatest steakhouses in the world!

I also always favored Ruth's Chris over Morton's, Smith and Wllensky and the other high end chains, so if as littlebear says this place is better, it goes to the top of the list of must try places!!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #12
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Talking NYC Steak Houses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady223 View Post

Being from New York I have frequented many of the "famous" NYC Seak Houses such as Ben Bensons, Smith & Wolinsky, Peter Lugars ect. But I agree that delfrisco's is absolutely the BEST. Capital Grill is a close second though.
joey2665 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #13
phoenix

been to Delfresco's in Denver many times and it is great
Old 04-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #14
KnotKnormal

Default DelFrisco's

I spent a solid year commuting to Dallas a few years back and DelFrisco's is by far the best steakhouse I found in Dallas which is saying a lot!! You have the local steak houses in Dallas that are close (III Forks, Bob's Steak and Chop House, Pappas Bros., etc.) but I still preferred DelFrisco's. I'm going to have to make the trip into Boston and soon!
Old 06-12-2019, 10:34 PM   #15
8gv

Default Awesome O's

There is another O thread on here but it is about a fire they had a while back so I'll bring this one back from the dead.

Wifey and I enjoyed a great meal at O Monday night.

It was our 41st wedding anniversary.

On number 39 we went to O and were quite pleased which caused us to commit to making it our anniversary place forever.

A few months later we went to O with another couple and we all enjoyed it very much.

Somehow we missed O for our 40th and this recent visit has us back on track.

Wifey had the swordfish which she loved a little too much as I got none of it!

I had their sirloin and it was cooked perfectly and tasted great!

The prices are at the higher side of our restaurant spectrum but we have paid more for inferior food elsewhere.

O seems to please every time.

We will see them again next year!
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:21 AM   #16
Reilly

Default Same Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
There is another O thread on here but it is about a fire they had a while back so I'll bring this one back from the dead.

Wifey and I enjoyed a great meal at O Monday night.

It was our 41st wedding anniversary.

On number 39 we went to O and were quite pleased which caused us to commit to making it our anniversary place forever.

A few months later we went to O with another couple and we all enjoyed it very much.

Somehow we missed O for our 40th and this recent visit has us back on track.

Wifey had the swordfish which she loved a little too much as I got none of it!

I had their sirloin and it was cooked perfectly and tasted great!

The prices are at the higher side of our restaurant spectrum but we have paid more for inferior food elsewhere.

O seems to please every time.

We will see them again next year!
This was Funny Wife & i went Thurs nite for our 44th exact same meals ,exact same out come, also went home to English springers ,
Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reilly For This Useful Post:
ACME on the Broads (06-13-2019)