Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-06-2007, 09:46 AM   #1
CEP

Default January 07

Hi Folks:

Can you believe it is January 6th and it is 60 degrees out!!!
I looked at some webcams and at 9 am there where no boats anywhere on the lake! Does anyone remember if this ever happened before?
Unbelievable!!!!
Anyone still have their boat in? If so, they will more than likely go for a spin around and from what I see it is a calm day.

Now who's going skinny dipping??

Have a good day!
CEP
CEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:08 PM   #2
Kevin C

Default Any Boating Today ?

Man....the weather down in the Burlington Area was 70+ degrees today. Was there anyone out boating on the lake today? Was just wondering.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Author Unknown.
Kevin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:34 PM   #3
Fargo

Default boating

Two guys in an inflatable boat went zooming under the G.I. bridge this afternoon when the lake was dead calm. Temp is about 60 now and the wind has picked up. What a day!
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:58 PM   #4
Rag Top Daze

Default I Live For a Rag Top Day

We decided to ditch chores today and take a ride around the lake with the top down. We left Moultonboro heading toward Wolfeboro and made it as far as the Kellerhaus (where we stopped for ice cream!) before we had to put the top up because of rain. It was nice and warm for the most part. Just a bit chilly in the shaded areas, but nothing really uncomfortable.

We searched for boats all around the lake, but saw none. I can't believe there is no one out there with a heated garage that would brave to put their boat in with this weather.

Let's hear it for global warming!
Rag Top Daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
codeman671

Default Another great boat ride...

Today was another beautiful day on the water (sorry to rub it in everyone!). It was 60 degrees with a light wind, the ride to Mark and back was clear and beautiful. I only saw one other boat on the water, a neighbor on Mark who was going for one last ride before he pulled his Eastern out.

I am going out again late next week. Unfortunately I have been going out with someone else otherwise I would try to get IG out. It would be a long ride from Gilford on a work pontoon.

The ice in Alton Bay was almost gone completely. There was navigable water all the way to Parker Marine. A lone kayaker was circling the pavilion and launch.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2007, 09:03 PM   #6
Weirs guy

The whole family got outside yesterday afternoon to clean and wash the cars in tee shirts! We didn't see any boats, but we did see a jet ski. Add to that the thunderstorm that blew in, and the 2 flying insects I killed on Friday and what a strange January.

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:41 PM   #7
callmeD

I went for a run while up for the weekend. I was in a t-shirt and shorts - and I thought that was unbelievable, until I saw a gentlemen cruise by me on his harley in a tank top! Hello??????????
callmeD is offline   Reply With Quote