Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Weather
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2011, 05:34 AM   #1
This'nThat

Default Winter Storm -- 6" snow in time for Halloween?!

I don't want to spook anyone, but this is scary stuff: Winter storm watch for Saturday, 29 Oct. Over 1/2 foot possible.

Some of the gory details for Saturday: * Impacts... heavy wet snow... at times wind-driven... will result in appreciable excess weight on trees that still have leaves. This will likely result in tree damage and subsequent power outages. In addition... a burst of heavy snow during the night will almost certainly stick to roads despite it still being October. This will result in very slippery travel. Reduced visibilities are expected.
This'nThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:19 AM   #2
RailroadJoe

Monday is Halloween, should be gone by then.
RailroadJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
Belmont Resident

Default Some boats still in the water.

While not a lot are in I noticed several boats while driving to Christmas Island this morning. Many had cockpit covers on them. I wonder if they will hold up with all the snow forecast?
Belmont Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:56 AM   #4
Bear Island South

Ours held up, I am glad we didn't get the 12" inches others did.
Attached Images

Bear Island South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:35 AM   #5
This'nThat

Default Generally 12-15 inches of snow

I think everyone got around 12-15 inches of snow from this storm. Luckily, it melted on contact with the ground, which is why most people are only seeing 1-2 inches as they wake up this morning.
This'nThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #6
DickR

I would have left my boat in a bit longer, but I too was worried about a half a foot or more of heavy wet stuff damaging the top, so I pulled it yesterday. I guess that ends summer.
DickR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:06 AM   #7
Belmont Resident

Default only on pavement

Quote:
Originally Posted by This'nThat View Post
I think everyone got around 12-15 inches of snow from this storm. Luckily, it melted on contact with the ground, which is why most people are only seeing 1-2 inches as they wake up this morning.
We got 16-18” in Belmont and I was plowing that or a little more in Gilmanton with 20 at one of my higher elevation customers. Just down the road in Laconia they got maybe 10” although channel 9 said 13.
I waited till yesterday late morning to plow my Laconia lots and it was down to about 6”.
As of this morning the snow on the ground in Belmont has only lost about 3-3 inches of depth.
I cannot believe that Bear Island got that little. I wonder if the lake temp had something to do with that.
Hopefully Moultonborough had the same results. We have 2 job trailers on site and I’m not looking forward to shoveling a spot for my ramp to drop down this morning.
Belmont Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:23 AM   #8
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
We got 16-18” in Belmont and I was plowing that or a little more in Gilmanton with 20 at one of my higher elevation customers. Just down the road in Laconia they got maybe 10” although channel 9 said 13.
I waited till yesterday late morning to plow my Laconia lots and it was down to about 6”.
As of this morning the snow on the ground in Belmont has only lost about 3-3 inches of depth.
I cannot believe that Bear Island got that little. I wonder if the lake temp had something to do with that.
Hopefully Moultonborough had the same results. We have 2 job trailers on site and I’m not looking forward to shoveling a spot for my ramp to drop down this morning.
You will be shoveling!!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote