Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-02-2008, 07:35 AM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,942 Times in 1,917 Posts
Default Wolfeboro Fireworks By Boat

I was thinking of going by boat to watch the Wolfeboro fireworks. I take it that they are fired from the town docks correct?? Since I have never been by boat does the bay get packed with boats?? Any recommendations from the seasoned boaters about going and where to anchor??

Thanks!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:49 AM   #2
MaryS

These are the BEST fireworks, especially by boat. They are shot off from Brewster Academy beach.....get there early before 8:30 pm for a spot, (be sure to anchor.....some boats have almost drifted into ours.....) Marine patrol is present and they help direct the way out with their blue lights.....really take your time going home in dark....you can get very disoriented.....We always take the ride down from Moultonboro....and this year have saved up the gas ....just for this.....hope the weather holds!!! To me this is the best show on the lake.....better than Disney!!!!
MaryS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:37 AM   #3
MJM

I agree it's a terrific show - I also think Alton's is excellent, and since theirs is on the 3rd and Wboro's on the 4th, do both! Gotta love the Lake!

But don't underestimate the challenge of leaving. There are hundreds of boats, and it can be a little crazy. MP presence certainly helps, but even when everyone is well-behaved, weather is good, etc., just the sheer number of boats makes it interesting. We either get there late and stay out nearer to the mouth of the bay so we can leave ahead of the crowd, or go early, go all the way in, and hang back after the show to leave after the crowd.

Enjoy!
MJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:17 AM   #4
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,002 Times in 915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM View Post
I agree it's a terrific show - I also think Alton's is excellent, and since theirs is on the 3rd and Wboro's on the 4th, do both! Gotta love the Lake!Enjoy!
Alton's rain date is the 12th.
http://alton.nh.gov/CalendarDetail.asp?ID=1735
As of now, the forecast is a little bit questionable for tomorrow the 3rd.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:25 AM   #5
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

I agree that Wolfeboro puts on by far the best show on the lake, Alton isn't bad and I usually go to that one as a "warm up". Plan to attend both shows again this year by boat and there is, at least in my opinion, no better way to enjoy them. My experience has always been that everyone is well behaved and careful after the show is over when leaving and headed back out across the lake. No matter what show you plan to catch it is a good idea to get in and find a spot to anchor early. In Wolfeboro anywhere between Brewster beach and the town docks is good, but don't get to close to shore or the MP will ask you to move back some.

Enjoy the show it's always worth it.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2008, 02:29 PM   #6
ishoot308

Default Thanks!!

Thanks all!!

Looking forward to the show!!

One question though...If your looking at the town docks from the water, is Brewster beach to the right or left??

Thanks!!

Dan
Old 07-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #7
Orion

Default not much moon

There won't be much of a moon on the 4th so your navigation at night will have to be very good. Be careful and watch out for those moving islands.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #8
Sunset Bob
Deceased Member

Default Brewster On Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Thanks all!!

Looking forward to the show!!

One question though...If your looking at the town docks from the water, is Brewster beach to the right or left??

Thanks!!

Dan
Brewster Academy will be on your right.
Eeeeeer that would be starboard.
Sunset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #9
ishoot308

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
There won't be much of a moon on the 4th so your navigation at night will have to be very good. Be careful and watch out for those moving islands.

Thanks for the tips Orion!

I do have a basic GPS on board which shows trails so some back tracking will help. Map on board, lit markers and my familiarity with the lake as well as simply going slow and using my eyes and ears and navigating skills should make this a safe and fun journey. I will be going from Wolfeboro to Welch Island so weather permitting it is somewhat of a straight shot with a lot of wide open water. I wouldn't want to go to Greens Basin from Wolfboro however!

Dan
Old 07-14-2008, 04:07 PM   #10
PyroMan

Default The 4 shows in Winni

There are 4 shows on Winnipesaukee (alphabetical) the week of the 4th:

Alton Bay
Center Harbor
Meredith
Wolfeborough

The two biggest (by about twice over the other two) are Alton & Center Harbor of which I am the licensed shooter.

Marc
PyroMan is offline   Reply With Quote