Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 01:08 PM   #1
GTO

Default MR C's

I have just come back from a weeks vacation at the lake and I couldn't have had a better time. Fishing, swimming, boating etc. Had a chance to attend the grand opening of a new place on the lake, Mr C's. What a great time had by all. Even got to meet a few Forum friends out there. Did anybody else have the chance to catch opening night? Got to meet the owner as he was behind the bar most of the night mixing very strong drinks. Thank goodness I was having Pepsi on the rocks. Mr C had a photogropher there that night and I told him of this website so maybe we'll see some of the "shots" that were taken that night. He said he will be looking into Karoke (sp) for added entertainment value in the future. Unfortunately, its only a seasonal thing so take advantage while the weather is good.

Thanks Mr C, keep up the good work

If you had opened a couple of weeks earlier, maybe we could of had the website get together at your place....maybe next year
Old 08-23-2004, 01:16 PM   #2
Outlaw

Where is Mr. C's?
Old 08-26-2004, 08:14 AM   #3
GTO

Default Mr C's

I'm not really sure. I was driven there and I wasn't paying much attention to where we were or where we were going. I'm going back up there this weekend so I'll ask my friend that drove me there. Hopefully we will be going back to Mr C's this weekend as summer is coming to a quick end. I especially look forward to seeing the little black dude Mr C hired, "Eddie" to pick up the peanut shells on the floor. What a funny little guy.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:32 AM   #4
Yes, Dear

Thumbs up Mr. C's

GTO,

I also had the pleasure of attending Mr. C's grand opening. We had a blast as well. Too bad, or maybe it's a good thing, you didn't get the opportunity to try the house specialty drink. Mr. C was poring the most amazing watermelon martinis I ever had. Have you ever see so many people with donkey tails on theirs heads in one place? What a hoot! We should see if Mr. C would cater the forum gathering for us. Since I know the photographer I was able to get a hold of some of the pictures. I tried uploading the file to share but it's too large and I can't figure out how to make it any smaller.

Hope to see some of you there sometime soon.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:54 AM   #5
HAHLY

Talking Mr. C's

GTO,

Hey, it was great meeting you last week at Mr. C's grand opening. After a first night like that I would be surprised if the town doesn't close the place down. I don't think they had last call until after 3:00 AM. I wonder how Mr. C got away with it? I don't think I've seen a more wild atmosphere since Carlo's and Charlie's in Cozumel! Too much fun! Let's get together there again soon, but I've got to recover from opening night first.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2004, 11:20 AM   #6
GTO

Default Mr C's

Sorry, I left out the donkey tails. I wanted anyone that is planning on going this weekend to be surprised. I heard from my a couple of my buddies that they said they were there till closing and the place was still hopping. Maybe we shouldn't give out the location in case the town finds out about the after curfew hours. Do you know if "Eddie" is a permanant fixture at Mr C's. He was a riot. He even licked my wifes face. I hope there is a picture of that. As far as the drinks...I heard Mr C made a mean Martini...I will remain the designated driver though. Its always fun to just sit back and watch people sometime. Hope to see you this weekend...
Old 08-26-2004, 02:48 PM   #7
HAHLY

Default Mr. Eddie C

My understanding is that Eddie is one of the backers of the place, kind of a silent partner or something, so I'm sure we'll see more of him. He seemed to be a real hit with the ladies. My wife can't stop talking about him. If he weren't so "unique" I might be jealous.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:07 PM   #8
ebizboy

Thumbs up Mr. C's

Oh man, what a place! Unique doesn't even begin to describe it! My wife and I had a wonderful time. We heard about it through a friend and I'm glad we did. The best part is that you can get there by boat! There were not too many slips available when I got there but the valet took good care of me. It was a little tough getting home after those martinis though.

It was great meeting all the people that were there. I guess there were more forum members there than I realized. It goes to show what a small we live in up here.

I was speaking to Mr C about getting the word out on the place but he seemed to be a little gun shy. Says wants to take it slow and not get too big too fast. Kind of makes sense though, too many people might spoil the atmosphere. I just read a story in the citizen about how some club in Laconia got shot down on a license for exotic dancing so they might want to keep an eye on those girls with the loose tops. I know I did!
Old 08-26-2004, 03:43 PM   #9
jrc

Default You had me going until

You had me going until this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebizboy
...Says wants to take it slow and not get too big too fast...
No restaurant owner ever said this. No restaurant owner would pass up free advertising.

Last edited by jrc; 08-26-2004 at 03:45 PM. Reason: spelling is hard
Old 08-26-2004, 04:10 PM   #10
ebizboy

Question Too big, too fast

Had you going? I'm not sure I understand the comment. It is a small place with a unique atmosphere. It appeared to me that Mr. C and Eddie were the only employees and they were flat out the whole night. I don't think he could handle much more than what he had on opening night. At least not yet.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:22 PM   #11
jrc

Then where exactly is it? I promise not to go.

If, as I expect, there is some reason this simple question cannot be answered, then I'll drop out of this thread and let you guys have your fun.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:24 PM   #12
HAHLY

Thumbs up Too Big, too fast?.....could be..

JRC,

I'm not sure you understand what this place is. It's a very small operation with a wild atmosphere. It is not for the faint of heart. The only thing I could even remotely compare it to is that restaurant on Cow Island, on steroids, with no food. I have to admit that I have my doubts if Mr C even has a permit to run such a place. I just hope we don't blow a good thing, for us and him, by even starting this post. Good luck Mr. C. I'll stand behind you all the way.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:57 PM   #13
GTO

Default Does not exsist???

For a place that does not exist, I sure had a great time. Maybe jrc had one of those martini's and he just can't remember being there. I'm sure I ran into ebizboy, but didn't recognize him. Of course, everyone looked the same with the tails. I hope the operation remains small as the size of the crowd there opening night was literally spilling out into the street. So, to all you non-beleivers, (jrc) Mr C is a figment of our imagination. I thought I was somewhere last Friday night but you have straightened me out. Oh and Eddie, my little friend, thanks for what I thought was a good time.
But to all the beleivers, I will see you this weekend.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:30 PM   #14
Yes, Dear

Cool You're right, it doesn't exist...

Hey, I think I figured out how to upload pictures as attachments, or maybe not! If this works, here is a shot of Mr C at his post. I'm not sure who the blind folded guy is but I have my suspicions.

Sorry to hear that jrc won't be joining us.
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2004, 07:17 AM   #15
JOTR

Default Mr. C's

I stumbled upon this place by accident and for not knowing anyone there, I had a blast. AT least that's what it looks like from the photos. I'm told I also stumbled out of the place, although it wasn't quite on my feet.......
Old 08-27-2004, 08:09 AM   #16
PROPELLER

Default No Food?

New Hampshire does not allow an establishment to serve alcoholic drinks and no food. This obviously is someones private house, party but its not licensed establishment open to the public.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:26 AM   #17
GTO

Default no food??

Keep spinning propeller. No food simply meant no steak or lobster was being served. Anyway, I got a chance to see a couple of the pictures that were taken that night posted by Yes Dear. I do recognize Mr C behind the Bar and we were told not to mention the guy in the blindfold because of his celebrity status and we didn't want to start another thread about celebrity sitings in the lake region. But now that you posted the picture for everyone to see, yes, Bill Murray did attend the grand opening. He is in town for two weeks filming and he knows Mr C personally.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:35 AM   #18
PROPELLER

Default No Food

Hahly says no food was being served. So what does Mr. C's serve for entrees, appetizers, soups, salads etc?
Old 08-27-2004, 09:05 AM   #19
HAHLY

Default No Food

I stand corrected Propeller. Apparently they did have sustenance of some sort, but that was not the main thrust of the place as far as I could tell. Whatever they may have had on the menu I did not partake. Too much time spent on other forms of indulgence. I must have really been out of it cause I didn't even recognize Bill Murray.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:03 AM   #20
Mr C

Default Mr. C's Dead End

Hello all,

Wow, all the controversy! Eddie and I most sincerely appreciate all the kinds words that have been bestowed upon Mr. C’s Dead End after just one night in operation. We have worked very hard to create an atmosphere that is truly unique in the Lakes Region and we are thrilled that it has been received so well, so soon. Particularly since, as dooly noted, the only form of advertising to date, other than this forum, has been word of mouth. As odd as it may seem to some, ebizboy quoted me correctly regarding taking it slow. We are currently a two man operation and after purchasing and setting up the place, our resources are somewhat constrained. Also, as some have surmised, the paperwork required for such an operation is currently “in process” and premature involvement by those other than invited guests would most certainly have unfortunate results. For these reasons I would prefer that the nature of the club remain private for the time being. I am happy to see that those who did attend the opening have respected my wishes by not publicly revealing our actual location as of yet. Unfortunately or fortunately as the case may be, a forum such as this has the ability to cause quite a stir. Of course we want advertising, and free advertising is so much the better, but there is a time for everything and, quite frankly, I’m not ready yet. I hope you all understand and appreciate my reasoning for keeping things relatively low key for the time being.

That being said, to those who we have already had the pleasure of serving, and their friends, we are currently operating on our predetermined, year one, schedule. Same bat time, same bat channel. I look forward to seeing you this, and every, weekend until we retire for the season.

As I’m sure you can tell, this is my first post to this forum. I actually only heard of it yesterday through one of my good friends that post here regularly. It took some time to gain the privileges required to make this post, otherwise I would have come forward to clarify things sooner. I have since had the opportunity to peruse the site a bit and I see that you are having a get together soon. Assuming we are welcome, Eddie and I will look forward to the opportunity to meet more of you at that time. Perhaps then we can shed a bit more light on our mysterious endeavor. Will you be their GTO?

Kind regards,

Mr. C.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:14 AM   #21
Outlaw

Since many of the guests at Mr. C's are forum folks - maybe this would be a great place for a private gathering on the 11th?? Just a thought Mr. C - I understand your position and respect it. But it sounds like you might just have everything to offer the forum gathering that we are lacking. No pressure - just thought no harm in asking.

Old 08-29-2004, 03:04 PM   #22
Brookhurst98

Default Mr. C the th best bar on the lake

Mr. C could make a million per night in charge of the American party.
He must down-grade the mix to keep people awake later.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:11 PM   #23
ebizboy

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookhurst98

Huh?
Old 08-31-2004, 04:34 PM   #24
GTO

Default Huh??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookhurst98

It looks like Brookhurst98 might have had too many of those Martinis
Old 08-31-2004, 07:29 PM   #25
GWC...

Wink GTO has the inside story on Mr. C...

and here it is, in his own words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I personally think he's the person that the UFO's were seeking out when they were sited years ago. Too bad thy left before locating him. I'm just glad he doesn't live in Centre Harbor, ...
Old 09-01-2004, 10:21 AM   #26
HAHLY

Cool UFOs now?

It really isn't as mysterious as it would seem on the surface. Mr. C's is just a great little hangout that needs to fly just a bit under the radar screen for the time being. Have no fear, if what I experienced last week is any indication of future success, Mr. C's will become huge around these parts by this time next year. Sorry I can't divulge more than that, but I bet if you hook up with anybody that has been there they will gladly bring you along next time. Hurry though, time is ticking on this season.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:40 PM   #27
GTO

Default UFO's

I have to admit GWC, when I left Mr C's that night, I would swear there was some alien life form present. Some people had tails in places I would never
have imagined. But at Mr C's, I guess anything is possible. Hopefully with the long weekend, I will be able to get back up the and see Eddie and other members from this forum at this new (and gaining in popularity) night spot.
Oh, and just as a caution, watch the 1st step as your leaving Mr C's, Its a long way down. (right JOTR).

Just out of curiosity Mr C, Is there a space ship docking station available ?
Old 09-02-2004, 05:58 AM   #28
Formula

Default Help

I Know , I know. My wife is all over me to find out where Mr. C's is. She is looking for the best place on the lake to have a good time. We have been long time readers of the Forum but only now has she gotten me to write. Please help me so I can go on living.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:00 AM   #29
Seaplane Pilot

My wife is all over me to find out where Mr. C's is.

It's a dream in someone's head...
Old 09-02-2004, 12:08 PM   #30
Merrymeeting

Has Sidd Finch made an appearance there yet?
Old 09-02-2004, 05:34 PM   #31
Mr C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrymeeting
Has Sidd Finch made an appearance there yet?
The challenge is reaching the Eightfold Path of right belief or the ninth inning with the proper relief. May you have peace of mind.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:40 AM   #32
GTO

Default "I had a dream"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot
My wife is all over me to find out where Mr. C's is.

It's a dream in someone's head...

" I had a Dream". Walt Disney had a dream.
Donald Trump had a dream
Bill Gates had a dream
John Smautz had a dream (ok, I made that one up)

So now it was time for Mr C to dream, and to go one step further, and make that dream a reality. And if Eddie, strong martinis, tails, fun atmosphere, etc are all dreams to the people that attended opening night, I'd like to continue dreaming.

Maybe more Forum members will show up this week at Mr C's and make beleivers out of the Non-beleivers. Look forward to meeting Formula and Mrs Formula.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:52 PM   #33
JG1222

Default Hmmmm.

Kinda hard to do when every time someone asks where this place is, either (1) nobody can remember, or (2) they don't want to tell for fear it might become "too busy too fast".
Old 09-04-2004, 07:05 AM   #34
Brookhurst98

Default Mr. C moving his biz

GTO,
Word has it that Mr. C is moving his biz to Black Cat Island.
He is tired of serving the Route 25 business.
You should check with the town for zoning and noise requirements on the island.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:19 PM   #35
Yes, Dear

Unhappy Mr. C's moving

Alas, I'm afraid it's true. I had the opportunity to speak with Eddie this past weekend as they opened for what we all thought was the final time of the season. He seemed excited about next year, but no sooner had the words left his mouth when the place was raided. It seems that the town had caught wind of his not yet legal venture and took exception. Unfortunately, it may been this very forum that contributed to their demise. It seems that a huge number of people became aware of the illicit activities and, as feared, at least one was not friendly to the idea and clued the town in. However, Mr. C has vowed to recreate that special atmosphere at, you guessed it, "an undisclosed location" next year. Got that Brookhurst98? Undisclosed!

Godspeed Mr. C. We hope to see you again next year.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:11 PM   #36
Gilligan

Question Ready to read all about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes, Dear
Alas, I'm afraid it's true. I had the opportunity to speak with Eddie this past weekend as they opened for what we all thought was the final time of the season. He seemed excited about next year, but no sooner had the words left his mouth when the place was raided. It seems that the town had caught wind of his not yet legal venture ....
So you will be posting a link to the newspaper article about the raid. Unless Mr. C. is so well connected that all charges and records disappeared. But if he were so well connected he would have had a heads up on the raid. That is, if there really was a Mr. C's and there really was a raid. Please post the news report as soon as it comes out, I'm ready to read all about it.

Thanks.

P.S. The forum says I've been around since at least April 2004 so I wasn't born yesterday !!!
Old 09-08-2004, 07:59 AM   #37
GTO

Default Mr C's raided

Mr C, say it ain't so! Raided!! Was it like I see on COPS, police dressed in riot gear with their faces covered. Some large burly guy with a heavy metal ramming device knocking down the door to the establishment. DEA, FBI, Marine Patrol, (Immigration Dept. for Eddie) running wildly with their guns drawn. What a scene it must have been. I'm sure once the dust settles, the bottles picked up off the ground, the bar put back together, that Mr C's will open and do well again. Reminded me so much of Cheers. A place where everybody knows your name. So whether you reopen on Rattlesnake, Long Island, Beckys Garden or even Gilligans Island, it doesn't matter, I'll still visit and enjoy the hospitality that made Mr C's what it was.
As far as the article in the paper, even the boat accident last year in Meredith made page 3 of the local paper. Maybe in the obituaries under the death of Mr C.
The Forum has Mr C listed as a member since August of 2004, and already, he is about to be reborn.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:57 AM   #38
Yes, Dear

Default Mr. C's raided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligan
So That is, if there really was a Mr. C's and there really was a raid. :
Believe as you will, I have nothing to prove. I, for one, am upset enough as it is without reliving the horror in the paper, but by all means, feel free to look it up for yourself. When you do find it please respect the wishes of others here who were run over by this steamroller and refrain from the post. I don't think we can take much more.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:04 PM   #39
Outlaw

Default News worthy ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes, Dear
Believe as you will, I have nothing to prove. I, for one, am upset enough as it is without reliving the horror in the paper, but by all means, feel free to look it up for yourself. When you do find it please respect the wishes of others here who were run over by this steamroller and refrain from the post. I don't think we can take much more.
I know sometimes reporters don't always get the story perfectly straight, but checked all the local papers on-line and nothing printed on the infamous Mr. C's, my suspicion is, either it wasn't news worthy or it only exists in the minds of a few. I've never seen any one on the forum refuse to post a link before -- makes one wonder - doesn't it. But there's nothing wrong with good, clean, harmless fun.

Another curious but interesting fact -- the 'supporting' posters to this thread (Mr. C aside for obvious reasons) are not attending the forum gathering this Saturday . Come on guys, we only have 11 confirmed so far, we need more people to attend.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:39 PM   #40
HAHLY

Default No Mr C's representation at "The Gathering"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw
Another curious but interesting fact -- the 'supporting' posters to this thread (Mr. C aside for obvious reasons) are not attending the forum gathering this Saturday
Outlaw, I'm not usually one for planning my days on or around the lake so, to this point, I have refrained from a commitment of any kind. As it turns out, however, on that particular day I am planning a ride with some friends. I can't make any promises because we haven't got a set agenda, but I will certainly keep the gathering in mind. If we happen by Wolfboro around that time it would be my sincere pleasure to buy you a beer. Perhaps then I can tell you a little more about the plight of Mr. C's.

Old 09-09-2004, 09:27 AM   #41
Fancy

I just want to be sure that all you folks out there who enjoyed all the debauchery at Mr. C's make it a point to attend Bike Week next year!!! Although, it may be too tame for you!!!
Old 09-10-2004, 02:45 PM   #42
Brookhurst98

Default Mr. C I am a federal agent

The govt. asked me to watch your new biz. They were concerned you were a terrorist and the you were engaged in bad activities.
I must enforce the law---- for a profit.
Sorry but John Kerry called and asked for your new address and I gave it to him.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:31 PM   #43
GTO

Default Gathering

I too would like to attend but unfortunately, now with school back in session, Baseball and other activities that will keep me away from the lake for a couple of weekends. I would love to go back up for Mr C's last days so if anyone knows when closing night is, please let me know. Looking forward to seeing forum posters at the new Mr C's next year where we can all say , "Yes Virginia, there is a Mr C's"
Old 09-10-2004, 10:00 PM   #44
Outlaw

Default Hope to meet you Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHLY
Outlaw, I'm not usually one for planning my days on or around the lake so, to this point, I have refrained from a commitment of any kind. As it turns out, however, on that particular day I am planning a ride with some friends. I can't make any promises because we haven't got a set agenda, but I will certainly keep the gathering in mind.
Hope you can make it, but if not there's always next years gathering -- we'll plan this one for earlier in the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHLY
If we happen by Wolfboro around that time it would be my sincere pleasure to buy you a beer. Perhaps then I can tell you a little more about the plight of Mr. C's.
Hahly, thank you - would love to..
Old 09-22-2004, 09:57 PM   #45
webmaster

Thanked 3,727 Times in 824 Posts
Exclamation ???

Everyone reading this thread should know that Mr. C, HAHLY, ebizboy and Yes, Dear are all the same person. All their messages in this thread were posted from the same, identical IP number.

You can draw your own conclusions about the validity of this thread.

Sorry it took so long for me to notice this.
Closed Thread