Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2014, 07:40 PM   #1
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts
Default New do it yourself ductless mini split a/c system

So for those of you contemplating a mini split system, get a few fiends together.....

http://www.friedrich.com/products/re.../window/breeze

Now you can do it yourself. I imagne others might follow....My only question is will anyone service it if you didn't buy from them.....
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #2
DickR

This unit is summarized briefly in the current Fine Homebuilding magazine (Sept 2014), on page 30. Perhaps that's where it caught LR's attention.
DickR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:30 PM   #3
DRH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
So for those of you contemplating a mini split system, get a few fiends together.....

http://www.friedrich.com/products/re.../window/breeze

Now you can do it yourself. I imagne others might follow....My only question is will anyone service it if you didn't buy from them.....
According to their website there are no Breeze "stocking retailers" in NH. I think I'd be skeptical about buying one of these units from one of their online dealers and later finding out that no one locally will service it.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:40 PM   #4
pjard

Agree...go with the Mitsubishi system!
pjard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:11 AM   #5
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Friedrich

Baron's in Belmont at carried Friedrich A/C. My Mom bought one in 2002 and became defective in 2004. Baron's was nice enough to replace although it was out of warrantee. There was a service bulletin out on this model. In 2008 the A/C went on the frizz and Baron's wanted full price for a new one and they are not cheap. I settled for a Kenmore on sale from Sears and it still runs like new this summer!

I would double check an see if Friedrich are reliable. You may want to double check with Baron's as they offer Friedrich brand as of last year.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:49 PM   #6
nhcatrider

We put in a Fujitsu system in our rental condo, should have gone with Dakin. To install a wired thermostat with the Fujitsu system you have to use their thermostat (or so they claim, there is a way around it). We wanted to be able to check the temperature settings and adjust them accordingly if no one was in the condo, Dakin offers a wifi thermostat as an option. Wiring the Fujitsu system was a royal pain, but I did get it done after about 4 hours. Most service places can service any unit, but finding parts can get tricky if they are not a dealer. My mother's furnace and a/c is made by Gibson, and the only companies in the area do not stock parts. When we had to replace the exahust blower this past spring we had to order parts and wait for a week for them to come in. Fortunately it wasn't cold at that point so the furnace had minimal use.
nhcatrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #7
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

I was just throwing the info out there and that maybe the other manufacturers might follow suit st some point...
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote