Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2018, 10:38 PM   #1
Downeast

Default Plymouth Food, Campton.. Pizza, Burgs..yum

The Prelude:

We've all been to the same food joints over and over again.. and on occasion, there comes a time to try something new...

that leads me to ----> the north! Plymouth, NH.

I traverse the area often, but aside from Six Burner, Panther pub, Main Street Frachers Diner and Lucky Dog.. I've not ventured into many other restaurants in this town.

The Story:

Just the other evening, the lady and I were on the road and had trouble deciding weather to go north of south for supper..

At the intersection we randomly went north, bypassing Walters, and went onward. Not thrilled about burning anymore of that Iraqi Dino Juice than necessary in the Chevy, we could have settled there, for the american 496 is hardly efficient, but it was worth the trade off to keep driving with the chance to experience a new restaurant for a change ...

The dining choice of the evening was PHAT FISH.. right down town, can't miss it.

The meat and potatoes:

There menu selection and low prices alone are enough to lure another visit from any tape worm, not to mention the good food itself and the outside seating on that comfortable summer evening was juuuuusst right... (said Little Berenstain Bear)

In short it Cheap, delicious and creative..

On another note:

Up that way, just a bit further, off the HWY between RT49, is Tartaglia's Pizza. This wood fired pizza is a good as it gets, (yes I've tried Fladbread in North Conway, that too is tastey,) just like the burgers at the Looney Bin. Its A+..

Meredith has its pizza too, but this outfit, though small, is awesome. BYOB.. and apparently a Liq. license is in order eventually.

Ive been told about a pizza joint on the way to Piermont.. on the left... rt 25C ? The Green house I think.. have yet to hobble out that way, but If I do make it, Ile flap a little about it when the time comes.

Alas, for now, check out PHAT Fish in Plymouth. They also have a full bar -- and some tasty concoctions.
Downeast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Downeast For This Useful Post:
gravy boat (09-12-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 08:59 PM   #2
Overlake97

Thumbs up Thai Smile

Very good Thai restaurant in Plymouth. Yelp average = 4 out of 5 stars, after 59 reviews.
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:43 PM   #3
betterthanbacon

Default Plymouth dinning

Being my daughter attends college at PSU. We eat in Plymouth regularly while she is there. PHAT Fish is a go to especially when treating her and her friends. But really like the wedge salad with steak tips at the Common Man just down the road.
betterthanbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:46 AM   #4
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Biederman's Deli

Look for it on Main Street. It's down on of the alleys to the river. Best tasting sandwiches in the area! Full bar and local craft foods!

Also George's seafood up on Tenney Mountain Highway. Very good seafood!
Try the Last Chair at the Tenney Mountain Rotary, great craft beer! While their menu is limited, great food!
Old 08-30-2018, 07:12 AM   #5
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanbacon View Post
Being my daughter attends college at PSU. We eat in Plymouth regularly while she is there. PHAT Fish is a go to especially when treating her and her friends. But really like the wedge salad with steak tips at the Common Man just down the road.

Forster Boiler Room inside Common Man has excellent burgers and apps along with a great bar

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2018, 11:40 AM   #6
Barbara

Love the Italian Farmhouse!
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:27 PM   #7
jbolty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Look for it on Main Street. It's down on of the alleys to the river. Best tasting sandwiches in the area! Full bar and local craft foods!

Try the Last Chair at the Tenney Mountain Rotary, great craft beer! While their menu is limited, great food!
Popped into Last Chair a few weeks ago to take a look and had a beer. Food going by looked good but the $7 pints were a little off-putting. Yikes.

Always love Georges.
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:07 PM   #8
kawishiwi

Default Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post

Biedermans +1
Odd little place but the sandwiches are killer. I go for roast beef on rye, my daughter for the smoothies.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:50 PM   #9
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Popped into Last Chair a few weeks ago to take a look and had a beer. Food going by looked good but the $7 pints were a little off-putting. Yikes.

Always love Georges.
I know, $7 is a lot for a pint but that is the going price for a microbrewery that brews their own beer. Went to Lonewolf in Wolfeboro this past weekend and that's around what they charge, went to Kettlehead in Tilton in August and again similar price and the beer at Lonewolf and Kettlehead is fantastic, its worth the price if you enjoy great beer brewed locally. Its not Budweiser! And so much better than even some of the better mass produced beers such as Sam Adams. These micro breweries are killing the big guys. Market share for the large mass producers is way down, in some cases as much as 30 percent I have read. There are so many great beers brewed right here in NH.
Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Taz For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (09-12-2018)
Old 09-13-2018, 01:59 PM   #10
Rockslider

Another vote for Biederman's. Nice place.
Rockslider is offline   Reply With Quote