Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > ForumFests > ForumFest VIII (2011)
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-26-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
Meredith lady

Default Forum Fest-2011

i am willing to start the ball rolling on a forum fest for this summer. Last year it was a labor of love and i really enjoyed being part of the team. So...dates, locations, charity choices....let me know what you think!
Meredith lady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Meredith lady For This Useful Post:
angela4design (04-26-2011), bclaker (05-10-2011), Lucky1 (05-03-2011), Misty Blue (05-17-2011), Redwing (04-27-2011), W Clarke (05-09-2011)
Old 04-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
angela4design

Default early season FF?

Could we have it earlier in the season this year? Last year, it was August, but if we made it earlier in the summer, we still have some of the season left to hang out with new friends that we make at the FF? Maybe in June, before or after Bike Week (11-19th). Is that too much pressure to pull it off?

I really liked the Center Harbor location, though - I thought that was perfect.
The charity was great too - the food pantries need all they help they can get.

Maybe Don will do a live feed webcam, too - that was great!
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to angela4design For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (04-26-2011)
Old 04-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela4design View Post
Could we have it earlier in the season this year? Last year, it was August, but if we made it earlier in the summer, we still have some of the season left to hang out with new friends that we make at the FF? Maybe in June, before or after Bike Week (11-19th). Is that too much pressure to pull it off?

I really liked the Center Harbor location, though - I thought that was perfect.
The charity was great too - the food pantries need all they help they can get.

Maybe Don will do a live feed webcam, too - that was great!
June seems a little too early as most of the schools don't get out for the summer until mid-June. How 'bout early or middle of July? Center Harbor was a great location.

Thanks for starting this year's event Meredith Lady. Look forward to seeing you again at Kevin's.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janet For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (04-27-2011), Redwing (04-27-2011)
Old 04-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Talking Meredith Lady - You're the Best!

I'd love to be part of team with you!

I agree with Angela and Janet - The Center Harbor location was great! The food pantry is a winner too.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
bclaker (05-10-2011), Meredith lady (04-27-2011), Redwing (04-27-2011), W Clarke (05-09-2011)
Old 04-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #5
Redwing
Deceased Member

Location: New Haven, Connecticut and summer resident of Moultonborough, NH since 1952
Default July

I agree that June may be a tad early, and cast my vote for early/mid July. Thanks to Meredith Lady and Rattlesnake Gal for getting the proverbial ball rolling.
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Redwing For This Useful Post:
bclaker (05-10-2011), Lucky1 (05-03-2011), Meredith lady (04-27-2011), RLW (04-27-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #6
Water Camper

Talking Count Me In!

Meredith Lady and Rattlesnake Gal,
I'd be happy to do a mailing requesting raffle items, as I did last year, to area restaurants and businesses once the date and location has been set. Maybe we'll get lucky and have another awesome bicycle donated!

Mrs. Water Camper
Sue
Water Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Water Camper For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (04-30-2011), Rattlesnake Gal (04-28-2011)
Old 04-28-2011, 08:41 AM   #7
Chris Exley

Default My vote is between 8/7 and 8/14

I have always wanted to come to this, but this is the only time I am there.
Chris Exley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris Exley For This Useful Post:
ghfromaltonbay (04-28-2011), Meredith lady (04-30-2011)
Old 04-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #8
ghfromaltonbay

Default Agree with changing the date

I'm glad someone has again picked up the ball and is running with it for Forum Fest 2011. I also agree that a different weekend should be chosen each year as locking in a specific weekend (3rd in Aug. the past few years or previously the Sat. after Labor Day) makes it impossible for those whose vacations occur at other times or who have conflicts. I remember when the Forum Fest was the Sat. after Labor Day, which was great for me, but some people could not attend because they were back at school or had season tickets for BU or BC football games. Like the previous poster, Chris Exley, there are many of us who live a great distance from the lake and attending the Fest as a "day trip" to the lake is impossible. This year I know I will be at the lake 8/7-8/14 also, but luckily there will be several other weeks in July and Sept. when I'll be in NH. Hopefully this year I'll be able to make it. The 3rd Sat. in August should be avoided as that was done the past 2 years as well as the year the Fest was held at Lake Shore Park and the same Forum members seem to be locked out for that weekend due to other commitments or how their vacations are scheduled during the summer. Unless you own your own place, a lot of resorts give first dibs for the same weeks each year to their rental guest so your vacation weeks depend on your previous year's rental.

Last edited by ghfromaltonbay; 04-28-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: added phrase
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #9
Island Girl

Default September is my vote.

The first weekend after Labor Day is my vote. The vintage race boats will be in Wolfeboro September 14-17so those dates should be avoided.

Center Harbor was a great place. I always vote for boat accessible locations.

I know this is not a good date for some. I am giving my preferences.

IG

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
sa meredith

Default Just a thought...

Although I have never attended a FF (came close to the one on the Mount, but last minute plans came up), for fear of being knocked over the head...I often take the less "popular" side in discussions...I do have a thought.
With very large groups, and annual events, obviously it is just about impossible to accomodate everyone. Someone is always going to be left out/disappointed/ whatever.
And, when people start writing, "...how about this date?" "...I can make it on this weekend..." "...it should be early..." "it should be late..." well, the kind hearted people who are running the show, end up pulling their hair out, and go thru undo stress trying to find the correct time.
So...why not make it the same weekend every year, and try to stick to it. Whether it be weekend before labor day, weekend after, weekend of Labor day, 3rd Saturday in August, last Sunday in July...whenever. I think if the core group of planners (everyone knows who they are...the heart and soul of this forum. The truly nice people, who very seldom have a negative thing to say, and are always trying to help others out) got together, and picked the day it would make things easier in so many ways. With the day already set in stone for years to come, locations could be talked about and booked years in advance. There would no longer be the early on discusion of "when will we have this thing" which usually occupies ther first month or so of the planning. People could plan their weekend or week at that the lake for that particular summer, with the FF in mind, if that is their priority. A family might say, "hey, let's try 'such and such' as a week this year. We could hit FF, and I have alwasy wanted to be up there at a diiferent time of year".
Whatever...
Not that I have a say...as I have never attended.
I just think, with such a large group...a pre-set day, year to year, makes thing so much easier, and helps on many different levels.
Just a thought...
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post:
Argie's Wife (05-01-2011), bclaker (05-10-2011), Just Sold (06-01-2011), Meredith lady (04-30-2011), Pepper (04-30-2011), Rattlesnake Gal (05-03-2011), riverat (05-03-2011), Waterbaby (05-21-2011)
Old 04-30-2011, 01:05 PM   #11
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
Although I have never attended a FF (came close to the one on the Mount, but last minute plans came up), for fear of being knocked over the head...I often take the less "popular" side in discussions...I do have a thought.
With very large groups, and annual events, obviously it is just about impossible to accomodate everyone. Someone is always going to be left out/disappointed/ whatever.
And, when people start writing, "...how about this date?" "...I can make it on this weekend..." "...it should be early..." "it should be late..." well, the kind hearted people who are running the show, end up pulling their hair out, and go thru undo stress trying to find the correct time.
So...why not make it the same weekend every year, and try to stick to it. Whether it be weekend before labor day, weekend after, weekend of Labor day, 3rd Saturday in August, last Sunday in July...whenever. I think if the core group of planners (everyone knows who they are...the heart and soul of this forum. The truly nice people, who very seldom have a negative thing to say, and are always trying to help others out) got together, and picked the day it would make things easier in so many ways. With the day already set in stone for years to come, locations could be talked about and booked years in advance. There would no longer be the early on discusion of "when will we have this thing" which usually occupies ther first month or so of the planning. People could plan their weekend or week at that the lake for that particular summer, with the FF in mind, if that is their priority. A family might say, "hey, let's try 'such and such' as a week this year. We could hit FF, and I have alwasy wanted to be up there at a diiferent time of year".
Whatever...
Not that I have a say...as I have never attended.
I just think, with such a large group...a pre-set day, year to year, makes thing so much easier, and helps on many different levels.
Just a thought...
I see nothing wrong with your post's. You have a mind of your own and I respect you for that!
Infact, I wish that I could ad-lib as good as you do.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #12
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Center Harbour is nice, but what about down in Alton Bay? It would save a lot of driving for those coming from the South. Like MA. There are the town docks for boats, big parking lot, picnic area, etc. Just a thought.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post:
riverat (05-03-2011)
Old 05-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #13
Seeker

S A Meredith

Good idea. Would solve a lot of problems. I might even be able to make one.

Last edited by Seeker; 05-01-2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #14
Meredith lady

Default Forum Fest

Hello Friends-
Regarding this years Forum Fest....here are my thoughts...
Holding the Fest before Bike Week won't work. Children are still in school.
July is busy.
My vote is for August 14th.
Center Harbor?
Charity choice?
Tell me what you think!
Meredith Lady
Laura
Meredith lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #15
riverat

Sounds good to me, meredith food pantry
Meredith lady (05-17-2011)
Old 05-16-2011, 06:46 PM   #16
Hermit Cover

Default Let us FEST! and be Glad!

Don'tcha love it when a Plan comes together??? Thanks, Laura (If it keeps raining like this we'll have to move it up to Heath's Hdwr. Parking Lot)
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hermit Cover For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (05-17-2011)