Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winter Sports
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2022, 02:51 PM   #1
SailinAway

Default Skiing discounts for seniors this year

In case you're feeling depressed about your age:

Cannon: 65+ Free M-F

Gunstock: 70+ season pass for $49, including weekends and holidays. Even better: FREE MIDWEEK, because who wants to ski on the weekend? Pas moi!

See more deals at https://www.skinh.com/deals/senior-deals.
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SailinAway For This Useful Post:
Lakegeezer (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 06:13 PM   #2
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Senior Discounts

Cannon is free mid-week only for 65+ NH residents. I got the RFID pass for $37 and reload every year!

Gunstock 70+ pass is $49 Good every day all season. They drop the BFF pass this year.

Waterville has the Silver Streak pass for $137. Ski for two days and you break even! This includes social hours and other perks. I like to crash gates and this is also a perk.

Loon has a 3-day mid-week pass for $169. Ski for 2 days and break even. Like getting an extra day free. You can ski any time mid-week, but there are blackout periods.

Bretton Woods has a Sunday Only pass for Belknap County residents. $38

Killington NH days are Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Passes are half-price for NH residents only.
Old 12-10-2022, 08:45 AM   #3
fatlazyless

Cannon is a "real" mountain while all the others are basically a big hill. Did you hear that 4003' Mt Tecumseh, measured in 1877 by Math Professor at Dartmouth College, Elihu T. Quimby, got remeasured by the U.S. Geological Society for height in July, 2019 as topping out at 3997' ...... .... www.nhmagazine.com/a-4000-footer-controversy/ .... no longer a NH-4000'er? The USGS small round marker placed into the bedrock on the Tecumseh summit now says 3997'...... survey marker photo ..... www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Tecumseh

Maybe it shrunk down under the weight of all the chairlift towers and snow making pipes?

That Cannon Mt, $39 NH-resident, age 65+, mid-week pass seems like a steal of a deal. I betcha one can never actually ride the Cannon Tramway to go skiing, using this $39-pass ..... that would be unconstitutional? ......

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-10-2022 at 09:22 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 11:07 AM   #4
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Cannon is a "real" mountain while all the others are basically a big hill. . . . That Cannon Mt, $39 NH-resident, age 65+, mid-week pass seems like a steal of a deal.
When you reach a certain age, high and steep become less desirable. For free skiing at Gunstock I don't care about height. It's a great mountain through advanced-intermediate level. Beautiful view, too.

Where do you see $39 midweek at Cannon? Their website says free.

I have not skied in about 10 years. (Stopped due to hip arthritis and replacement, all good now.) I'm hoping to get up the gumption to try again this year.
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 12:08 PM   #5
DickR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Waterville has the Silver Streak pass for $137. Ski for two days and you break even! This includes social hours and other perks.
On the website FLL cited: https://www.skinh.com/deals/senior-deals it says this about the Waterville Silver Streak program: "Program pricing does not include lift ticket or rental equipment and all participants must purchase daily lift tickets or a Season Pass." Thus it appears that the SS fee covers only the socializing perks, not lift pass.

A number of ski areas offer free or nearly so for those over 80. That site cited above shows them for NH areas.
DickR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2022, 01:27 PM   #6
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
When you reach a certain age, high and steep become less desirable. For free skiing at Gunstock I don't care about height. It's a great mountain through advanced-intermediate level. Beautiful view, too.

I have not skied in about 10 years. (Stopped due to hip arthritis and replacement, all good now.) I'm hoping to get up the gumption to try again this year.
$39 is for a Cannon season pass for mid-week/65+, photo ID and it is listed on the different season passes price list. One can get a similar single day pass for no charge, somewhere at the Cannon ticket window, or somewhere(?).
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 08:06 AM   #7
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post

I opt for the $39 pass to avoid the line every day I want to ski. You need an RFID pass for Cannon starting this year.