Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2014, 12:58 PM   #1
dpg

Default Pictures

I totally don't get how to attach a pic from my desktop? When it says attach from a URL what do I use? No - I'm not a techy I'm a computer dummy.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:23 PM   #2
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

here's how I do it.....

right click on the picture you'd like to upload

highlight, copy (control + c) the url

then in the post that you'd like to include the pic in......click on the little square yellow icon that looks like it has a mountain and a postage stamp on it (above)

and...enter the url of the pic that you just copied...paste it into the dialogue box (be sure to remove the "http:" that is already in the box....and....

Voila!

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mcdude For This Useful Post:
minni on winni (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 02:51 PM   #3
Merrymeeting

The url approach only works if the picture is already posted on another website.

DPG, I assume you want to include pictures you have taken or have on your system. If this is the case, you first need to upload them to a website that allows you to post pictures. If they are lake related, you can use the Photopost/Gallery on this website. Or you can upload them to one of the many free photo posting sites (Snapfish, Photobucket, Flickr, etc).

Once the photos are hosted on a website, you follow McDude's steps to include them in a post on the forum.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Merrymeeting For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2014, 04:23 PM   #4
jeffk

Default Attach a picture file

Also, if the picture file is on your computer, which I assume it is because you say it is on your desktop, you can select the Attachment paperclip. It opens a dialog box. The top choice is to "Upload a File From Your Computer". Click the Browse button and that opens a file search dialog. Locate the picture file on your computer and click Open. That closes the file search box and places the path of the file in the attachment dialog. Then click Upload and wait for the upload process to complete. It will then list the attached image file. Then click Close this Window to the upper right on the attachment dialog to return to the message window. If you scroll down you will see the list of now attached files. Finish any text and hit the Preview Post button. The message should include the attached image. Click Submit Reply to actually send the message.

I attached a picture of Valentine mice to this message using this method.
Attached Images

jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffk For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2014, 04:46 PM   #5
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default If it is on your computer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
I totally don't get how to attach a pic from my desktop? When it says attach from a URL what do I use? No - I'm not a techy I'm a computer dummy.
Actually really easy. If you are posting the photo into a new thread, or existing one, just open up the reply to thread box.

Put in your title, then type in the info you want in the box with all the smilies to the right side. When you get ready to post the picture, just scroll down to manage attachments. Click on that "button" and another window will open up. Select browse and then locate the picture on your computer (such as My Documents> Pictures> then find the picture. Click on it, and then click "upload".

When you are done, you can look at the Preview Post to see how it looks, or you can just hit Submit Reply.

If you are uploading pictures to the "gallery", Go to Gallery and click on upload pictures. Then do the browse thing and up load. It will appear in gallery.

Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2014, 07:01 PM   #6
minni on winni

I went through the process this am when I attached the pic of the moose. I have to say it was a little nerve wracking the first time doing it but once it was done it seemed almost easy
minni on winni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:27 AM   #7
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
dpg: I do apologize. You asked how to attach a photo but I explained how to embed a photo. Sorry for any confusion!

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:46 AM   #8
dpg

Thanks everyone I'll try to post a picture one of these days. No worries Mcdude I was confused because I was putting pics on my desktop and when it was asking for a URL I didn't know what it was. I believe I need to follow JeffK's instructions. I'm used to doing it at work from notes now THAT's easy.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote