Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
NoBozo

Default Pearl Harbor Thread

I guess we Now Know where the Webmaster stands relative to Pearl Harbor and the Military..and particularly the NAVY. Some of us served in 1941 and some of us served later. HE Shut Down the Pearl Harbor thread. Disgraceful... NB
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Not so disgraceful...

What was disgraceful was the way the thread went from being a remembrance of Pearl Harbor to a thread that talked about a ship and having helicopters and DASH helicopters etc... Way off topic

Gee No Bozo...I think you were part of that way off topic discussion that had nothing to do with the Day of Infamy.

Sorry, Webmaster was not disgraceful, but those who took the topic far afield from December 7th and the attack on Pearl Harbor perhaps should feel like they disgraced that remembrance.
brk-lnt (12-11-2013), Skip (12-11-2013)
Old 12-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
Senter Cove Guy

Default It's Simple

The thread wasn't Lakes Region related. It's OK to remember and discuss non-Lakes Region history but there are other places to do it. You can't fault our Webmaster for taking care of his baby. He's actually been pretty liberal about a lot of "stuff" that he lets slide by.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #4
Lakeboater

Default Disgraceful

IMO what topped it for being disgraceful was the last post that was a picture from the Animal House movie.
Lakeboater is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakeboater For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (12-12-2013)
Old 12-12-2013, 12:52 AM   #5
trfour

I sincerely apologize for my part in getting off topic in the ' Pearl Harbor Day ' thread. And I truly meant No disrespect.
Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trfour For This Useful Post:
Lakesrider (12-13-2013), upthesaukee (12-12-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeboater View Post
IMO what topped it for being disgraceful was the last post that was a picture from the Animal House movie.
Sorry that my humor did not go over big.Certainly meant no disrespect.I will remove it if possible.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:13 AM   #7
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfour View Post
I sincerely apologize for my part in getting off topic in the ' Pearl Harbor Day ' thread. And I truly meant No disrespect.
Terry

Ditto for me.....
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #8
NoBozo

I've been thinking about this for awhile. My original intention was to speak my piece and then take the HIT..IF and knowing that the Webmaster would Whack Me For Life ..for my comment. That is his prerogative. It IS His Website.

I will not apologize for my comments about posting my experiences....and relaying my knowledge of events at the time while I was in the Navy in the early sixties.

As I said before..Those that came before me Served ....As I, and others who have commented here did later. NB
Old 12-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #9
NoBozo

I am beholden to the Webmaster for allowing my previous post to go through Un-Moderated. NB
Old 12-18-2013, 07:25 AM   #10
ApS

Smile This just in !!! ... Where to put it?

Especially since there's a Wolfeboro link to the earlier thread, 'thought this might be of interest.

Well, what should I receive yesterday—but a response to a letter I'd sent to a Pearl Harbor Survivor!

I'd mentioned that my Wolfeboro Dad was a little "down", and he'd probably like to hear from his former co-pilot, Lou Conter. 'Turns out, Lou had repeatedly tried to call, but didn't have the new and current telephone number.

You'll remember Lou Conter from a previous thread's video showing how a diver returns USS Arizona Survivors' remains to the ship through an underwater port. Lou attends the USS Arizona memorial each year, and appears here at the service featured in that video. (Photo from the Internet).

Even after surviving the USS Arizona's explosion, Lou returned to wartime duty in Naval Aviation, and eventually replaced my Dad's co-pilot—who had been mortally wounded while seated next to him. (Fifty-caliber—"friendly fire" from a P-40).

Both were aboard a different PBY patrol-bomber when it crashed into rough seas when rescue-flares aboard caught fire. As mentioned in this letter, the crew was assisted by "friendly" head-hunters ashore in Papua New Guinea.

(Names, except for USS Arizona Survivor Lou Conter's, are redacted)...

Checkmarks in my Dad's aviator-logbook show Lou aboard.

A red arrow points to a crash where the pilot struck the seawall at Midway in heavy seas—sinking the craft. My Dad, riding forward, "exited" the nose turret without injury. (!) The same day, he hopped into another PBY for an 11-hour flight.

Underlined indicates a number of passengers, when a crew of ten was a full load!

Attached Images

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post:
SIKSUKR (12-18-2013)