Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
bigdog

Default Restaurant Information - Center HArbor

Hello......

Looking for folks opinions for a nice restaurant in Center Harbor area.

I will be taking the entire family of 10-12 people, which includes two children under 5 ! FYI, the 2 kids are very well-behaved, and under parents control !

Although I generally do not like to take children to upscape type restuarants, especailly when you're paying good money to have a relaxing peacful dinner... I need some suggestions and your opinions.

Can you pllease provide some information about the folloiwng restaurants in Center Harbor: Cuisine, pricing, family oriented, etc.
Canoe
Coes House
Lemon Grass

In case you were wondering..... Yeah.... I'm picking up the bill, and my last name isn't 'Rockafellow' !

Thanks as always !
Bigdog
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
Newbiesaukee

IF, and it is a big If, the menu at Lemon Grass would work I would suggest this for both price and group size with "well-behaved" children (always subject to individual interpretation). I like the Coe House, but I think a little too formal and a bit more expensive. People like Canoe more than I do.
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
hazelnut

Thumbs up

There's always the "Woodshed" in Moultonboro.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #4
twoplustwo

Default Lemon Grass

Lemon Grass (which is in Moultonborough, by the way. Why does everyone chop off that end of our town and give it to CH?) has those rooms with the long tables where you eat in your stocking feet and sit on pillows. I can tell you from experience the kids adore it and it makes it easy to contain them. You have to call and reserve them.

Mike Love always made scrambled eggs for my very picky little one, I'm sure they would try to accomodate any issues you might have with the menu and your smaller ones if you called in advance.
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #5
C Tucker

You might try the upstairs Pub at the Corner House Inn in Sandwich. If you arrived on the early side you could easily get good tables. Menu is widely varied with something for everyone. Children are often there. Some prefer the couch seating with coffee tables.

This Saturday night a little one (no more than 5) was at the table beside me and seemed to enjoy it. I enjoyed seeing her participate in the table conversation with her family.

Have fun there are many great restaurants to try.
C Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #6
meteotrade

Lemon Grass is the way to go. As twoplustwo pointed out, they have two separate large party rooms where you sit Asian style. I think you need a party of at least 8 and you need to book well in advance. I think the kids would get a kick out of eating in their own "special" room.

Coe house is great too but a little too formal for a big party with kids I thin
meteotrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:55 PM   #7
jetskier

Post Depends upon your budget

We have not been to the Coe House for quite a while; we will try them this summer. We have been patronizing Canoe lately and have not had a bad meal. The atmosphere is less formal than Lemon Grass (as is the cuisine); but the prices are somewhat more moderate (relative to portion) and many of the dishes are the same as O's.

I am including the web pages of all three. You might find that that menus help you make your decision.

Hope this helps,
Jetskier

http://www.lemongrassnh.com/menu.html
http://www.eatatcanoe.com/
http://www.coehousenh.com/index.htm
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:52 AM   #8
luvmypups

Thumbs up Definately Lemongrass

I would definately try lemongrass. They have a great pan asian menu and everything they serve is very fresh. They have two japanese tea rooms for parties up to 12, very private and a great experience but you do have to take your shoes off so keep that in mind The menu they currently have on their website is not their updated menu, it does have a lot of the same items but not the new stuff and there is a lot of new stuff. Children may be pickier in this restaurant but I think kids enjoy the different food. They have a couple great items children would like such as, chicken satay with vegetable rice, herb crusted chicken fingers and chicken phat thai. If you have anyone that is allergic to peanuts, I would just stear away from Lemongrass altogether because they do serve many dishes that use peanuts as ingredients, otherwise I strongly suggest dining there. Hope that helped !!
luvmypups is offline   Reply With Quote