Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-22-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
djbgcb

Default Valentine's Day- Tilton/Laconia/Gilford area

Hi! First let me say that I love this Forum, and I have referred to it for quite a number of years now to see what's going on in the area before we make our annual trek up. I find so much useful information! This is the first time in all the years, that I've actually posted a question.

We are going to be in Tilton for the weekend and are looking for a nice place for Valentine's day. Something with good food and a nice atmosphere. We've been coming up for over 25 years during the summer and stay in Moultonborough at DeepWood lodges. We've been to Canoe, the Woodshed, Kevin's and most of them in that area, but since we are going to be in Tilton, we were looking for a nice place in that area. I've read through the posts and looked saw the Elacoya Barn and Grille and it looks promising. Can anyone recommend something similar to Canoe and the Woodshed in the Tilton/Laconia or Gilford area? Thanks!
djbgcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbgcb View Post
Hi! First let me say that I love this Forum, and I have referred to it for quite a number of years now to see what's going on in the area before we make our annual trek up. I find so much useful information! This is the first time in all the years, that I've actually posted a question.

We are going to be in Tilton for the weekend and are looking for a nice place for Valentine's day. Something with good food and a nice atmosphere. We've been coming up for over 25 years during the summer and stay in Moultonborough at DeepWood lodges. We've been to Canoe, the Woodshed, Kevin's and most of them in that area, but since we are going to be in Tilton, we were looking for a nice place in that area. I've read through the posts and looked saw the Elacoya Barn and Grille and it looks promising. Can anyone recommend something similar to Canoe and the Woodshed in the Tilton/Laconia or Gilford area? Thanks!

Try Canoe's sister in Laconia "O" http://www.osteaksandseafood.com/men...aks-dinner.pdf
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #3
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:

I would highly recommend the "Lyons Den" in Gilford right at the town docks. Fantastic food, excellent service, beautiful atmosphere.

The Ellacoya Barn and Grill would be great choice as well!

Have fun!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
Bullwinkle

I would reccomend The Homestead in Bristol.It's just a hop skip and jump up 93 to 104.
Bullwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:54 PM   #5
NHDOLFAN

I would look to go to either Italian Farmhouse located on Rt 3 in Plymouth or the Common Man in Ashland. These two restaurants are excellent. In addition, I would also suggest Fratellos in Laconia (excellent food and great $$)
NHDOLFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
djbgcb

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Thanks for the recommendation! It looks like a great place. My mouth is watering looking at the menu!
Old 01-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #7
djbgcb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I would highly recommend the "Lyons Den" in Gilford right at the town docks. Fantastic food, excellent service, beautiful atmosphere.

The Ellacoya Barn and Grill would be great choice as well!

Have fun!

Dan
Thanks Dan. The Lyon's Den looks good too! The decision is getting tougher!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:16 PM   #8
kayakn

Lyon's Den is great. And make sure you check out The William Tell just down the road in West Alton. Would be my two favorites. Sounds yummy right about now!

Enjoy...
kayakn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:56 PM   #9
Mr. V

Have you dined yet at The William Tell?

One of my favorites; different than the norm.

http://www.thewilliamtellinn.com
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #10
C Tucker

The Lyons Den would be my pick. I would highly recommend it as a Valentine treat. I have been to the others mentioned and they are good but the Lyons Den is special.
C Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:51 AM   #11
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,002 Times in 915 Posts

We have always had very good food and service at the Ellacoya B&G as well as at the Lyons Den.
A friend of ours raves about the William Tell, our own experience was a disappointment as to both the food and service. Of course one can hit an off night at most any restaurant.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:15 PM   #12
Waterbaby

Talking Reservations, reservations, reservations...........

Quote:

Wherever you choose, I'd highly recommend making reservations -- and probably the sooner the better! Don't forget, Valentine's Day is a Saturday this year which, I would guess, would cause even more people dining out than if it were a weekday/night -- and I would also guess some of the more popular places to be fairly well booked already!

Best of luck, have a wonderful time, and let us know how the dinner turned out!
Old 02-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #13
Shore Driver

For Valentine's day, Lyons Den is a great choice.

William Tell is not Valentine's material, IMHO.
Shore Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #14
JimD

Default Steele Hill

My wife and I have had great meals at Steele Hill. We try to get there before the sun sets and get seated right up against the glass windows. The view of Winnisquam is awesome and when the sun goes down the lights come on in Laconia and I believe you can see all the way to Gilford. This time of year you will probably be able to see the snowmobiles cruising the lake. Good food with some unique stuff on the menu.
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:30 PM   #15
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts
Default Hands Down in the Gilford Area

Lyons Den... be sure you make a reservation.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:23 AM   #16
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post
We have always had very good food and service at the Ellacoya B&G as well as at the Lyons Den.
The Lyon's Den is a great choice as is the Ellacoya Barn and Grille where they are having a valentine's day special. If I remember it correctly it was a five course meal for two for $60

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #17
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

OMG....NHDOLFAN.........I hope you're not a fan of the New Hampshire Dept of Labor
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote