Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-31-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
Little Bear

Thumbs up Great sandwich at Owl's Nest

Had a fantastic Italian Sub at Wise Owl (aka Owl's Nest) in West Alton over the weekend. Bread was excellent, coldcuts were cut fresh, and veggies were crisp and fresh as well. The sandwich weighed about 5 pounds and the price was very reasonable.
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Bear For This Useful Post:
Nadia (06-10-2009)
Old 05-31-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bear View Post
Had a fantastic Italian Sub at Wise Owl (aka Owl's Nest) in West Alton over the weekend. Bread was excellent, coldcuts were cut fresh, and veggies were crisp and fresh as well. The sandwich weighed about 5 pounds and the price was very reasonable.
Yup, one of my favorite quick lunch stops by boat. They have the best chicken salad sandwiches around! Nice people that own it also.

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
Kingduffee

Smile Sunday Buffet

Tried there Sunday Breakfast Buffet last week. Lots of food to numerous to mention also included their mega omelletes and waffles cooked to order. Great people, all should give a try, well worth the money!!
Kingduffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #4
searay220

Where is the Owl's Nest? Are they next to a camp ground on 11a on the right going towards Ames Farm? I have seen the sign somewhere but it looked more like a convenience store.
searay220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:03 PM   #5
Waterbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by searay220 View Post
Where is the Owl's Nest? Are they next to a camp ground on 11a on the right going towards Ames Farm? I have seen the sign somewhere but it looked more like a convenience store.
[COLOR="blue"]That's them! Last time I was there they did have a small convenience store in there, with more of a small lunch room area but I believe that part has grown.......... I haven't been there in maybe 3 years but had been stopping there for about 20 and either eating in or taking out sandwiches -- consistently good over the years, which is saying a lot![/COLOR]
Old 06-11-2009, 05:03 PM   #6
Dave M

Default Owl's Nest breakfast

Do they have a regular breakfast on the other days of the week. Thought they did nothing but the Buffets.

Dave M
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
Kingduffee

Smile Restaurant

Called there this AM they said the Buffet is on Sunday AM only but they are doing breakfast and lunch 7 days a week starting this weekend, also the store is now open @ 7:00 AM- 9:00 PM
Kingduffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:35 AM   #8
riverat

Stopped at the Wise Owl yesterday for the first time but I can assure you it will not be the last. The four of us had 2 steak and cheese subs and 1 steak bomb, and 1 Chicken salad sub. They were HUGE! my Chicken salad sub was awesome with tender chunks of white meat and lots of it. The others raved about the quality and amounts of steak in their subs also. We all had half of our subs boxed to go. Try it you'll like it.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:48 AM   #9
MJM

Can someone post directions, or landmarks, or photo of how to get there by boat?
MJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #10
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM View Post
Can someone post directions, or landmarks, or photo of how to get there by boat?
If you were at the Southeast tip of Diamond island which faces Rattlesnake, head in a soutwesterly direction towards the route 11 shore line. Look for a small dock with tires used as bumpers and a small wooden yellow sign. You cannot see the store from the dock as you have to go up the stairs then walk around the parking area for the cabins to the parking lot of the Wise Owl.

Another way to get there is if you know where Ames farm is, the Wise Owl is a little more than 1/2 mile southeast from Ames on the same shoreline.

Hope this helps!

dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote