Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #1
hancoveguy

Default places to eat that you can boat to?

New to the lake here and our place is up near Green's Basin. Anyone know of a list of places that you can boat to for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks? Preferably in our corner of the lake. So far I think Wolfboro is the closest that I know of.

thanks in advance
Dennis
hancoveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:09 PM   #2
masssteve

go to www.bizer.com

click on "Eating by boat"
masssteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
Pineedles

Default Bizer Rocks

I recently bought 2 Bizer maps through this site http://www.winnipesaukee.com/index.php?pageid=store
and because of hancoveguy's question I went to masssteves' suggestion. Very nice map depictions of where you can access, through public docks some great restaurants. Thanks Bizer.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:29 PM   #4
jkjoshuatree

Talking There Are A Ton Of Places...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hancoveguy View Post
New to the lake here and our place is up near Green's Basin. Anyone know of a list of places that you can boat to for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks? Preferably in our corner of the lake. So far I think Wolfboro is the closest that I know of.

thanks in advance
Dennis
...just go out and explore. But here are a few of my personal favorites.

Garwoods in Wolfeboro. Food is good (but a bit pricey) but the outdoor seating is great on a warm day!

Lyon's Den in Gilford. Actually never been here except to bop in to check out the menu, but EVERYONE on this site loves the food and they do have a great view of the lake.

The Naswa in the channel at Weirs Beach. Food is okay, drinks are cold, but it's kind of "the place" to go during the day. A little honkey-tonk but a great place to be outside and watch all the boat traffic.

Lago in Meredith. I personally stay away from the entrees but I love their apps and my favorite spot on the lake is sitting outside on the adirondacks sipping a cold beverage at dusk. It doesn't get any better that this. Their calamari and artichoke app is great!

Canoe in Center Harbor. You can park at the town docks, call ahead, and they'll come down and pick you up.

I'm sure you'll see dozens of other places posted here over the next few days with varying opinions, but that's what makes this site so great.

Anyway, welcome to the lake. And feel free to ask any other questions you may have. All these people will definitely answer them.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
jrc

Here are my favorites within walking distance of town docks:

Alton Bay - JP China- old fashion Chinese, Pop's - fried fish, Shibley's - variety

Wolfeboro - Jo-Jo Greens - lite lunch, Garwoods - pub food, Greek pizza place who's name I can't remember

Weirs Beach - Crazy Gringo - Biker Mexican, and maybe some new stuff coming

Meredith - Guiseppe's - Italian and pizza, Georges - diner, town docks - variety

Center Harbor - I can't ever get a dock

There are a few places with their own docks but I don't to any enough to comment.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links