Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-01-2016, 05:19 PM   #1
Mr. Prop-B-Gone

Default Acoustic/Folk Music in Sandwich

Come join us for an evening of excellent acoustic music this Saturday, March 5, at the Doris Benz Center, 18 Heard Road, Sandwich, NH. It starts at 7pm, and there is no admission charge. If you'd like to play, you can sign up from 6:30 to 7pm. Plan on doing 2 songs. A sound system will be provided.

All skill levels are welcome, and original songs are encouraged. Whether you are an experienced player or new to performing, you will have the pleasure of playing to an audience that comes to listen.

Whether you come to play or to listen, you will be treated to an evening of wonderful music by many of the area's best Folk/Acoustic musicians. You will not be disappointed!

We have these Open Mics the first Saturday of the month. Please join us if you can!
Mr. Prop-B-Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:31 PM   #2
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Nice information...

Just a suggestion: Place the information on this site's calendar.

Our Masonic Lodge in Alton does a breakfast buffet on the third Sunday of each month, and I have information about that event on the Winni.com calendar. During the week before, I just put a reminder about it on the thread about the event.

I have actually had a few people come up to me at the breakfasts to say they saw it on this website, soooooooooo.... worth your time to put it on the calendar, and then update this thread with a reminder each month.

You can set the calendar event for the first Saturday of each month, with a start date, and an end date. I do ours for the entire year, and then update it each year. I have been using this site since 2007. (Thank you, Webmaster!)
Old 03-01-2016, 10:31 PM   #3
Mr. Prop-B-Gone

Thanks! I did post a couple of them on the Calendar with no results, so I figured it was worth a try to put it in the Forum. This is not an amateur hour in a loud bar, but a serious music event that is attended by some of the best acoustic musicians in the area. It is a free evening of wonderful music. Recent players include Taylor Whiteside, Bennett & Perkins, Doug Hazard, and many more.

It is important to note that no one makes any money from this. I contribute my time to organizing it, setting up the room, and providing the PA. The Doris Benz Center lets us use the hall with no charge.

I do want to play by the rules, so if this is inappropriate, then I'm OK with the Webmaster deleting the post. Just hate to see such good music go unnoticed.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Prop-B-Gone For This Useful Post:
Barney Bear (03-02-2016), mcdude (03-09-2016), upthesaukee (03-02-2016), Whimsey (03-03-2016)
Old 03-02-2016, 07:45 AM   #4
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Thumbs up Not criticizing for posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Prop-B-Gone View Post
Thanks! I did post a couple of them on the Calendar with no results, so I figured it was worth a try to put it in the Forum. This is not an amateur hour in a loud bar, but a serious music event that is attended by some of the best acoustic musicians in the area. It is a free evening of wonderful music. Recent players include Taylor Whiteside, Bennett & Perkins, Doug Hazard, and many more.

It is important to note that no one makes any money from this. I contribute my time to organizing it, setting up the room, and providing the PA. The Doris Benz Center lets us use the hall with no charge.

I do want to play by the rules, so if this is inappropriate, then I'm OK with the Webmaster deleting the post. Just hate to see such good music go unnoticed.
Not criticizing for posting here. My suggestion was simply to create the recurring event on the calendar portion of this site, and hopefully over a period of time you may pick up one or two attendees who see the event on the calendar. If those folks like the open mike event, they will tell others, giving you that wonderful advertising called word-of-mouth.

Good luck with the shows... hope they do well.
Mr. Prop-B-Gone (03-02-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 07:19 PM   #5
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Prop-B-Gone View Post
Come join us for an evening of excellent acoustic music this Saturday, March 5, at the Doris Benz Center, 18 Heard Road, Sandwich, NH. It starts at 7pm, and there is no admission charge. If you'd like to play, you can sign up from 6:30 to 7pm. Plan on doing 2 songs. A sound system will be provided.

All skill levels are welcome, and original songs are encouraged. Whether you are an experienced player or new to performing, you will have the pleasure of playing to an audience that comes to listen.

Whether you come to play or to listen, you will be treated to an evening of wonderful music by many of the area's best Folk/Acoustic musicians. You will not be disappointed!

We have these Open Mics the first Saturday of the month. Please join us if you can!
Sounds like fun.

Does the venue/your event have have a "kitchen" that sell food and drinks (non-alcoholic)? We absolutely love those venues/events.
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2016, 06:48 PM   #6
Mr. Prop-B-Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
Sounds like fun.

Does the venue/your event have have a "kitchen" that sell food and drinks (non-alcoholic)? We absolutely love those venues/events.
Sorry to take so long getting back to you. Been out playing Irish Music all month!

Currently there is no one selling food and drinks. Everyone is encouraged to bring their own. Adult beverages are acceptable, too. Several people bring things like cookies, chips and dip, cakes, etc to share.

The next Open Mic is Saturday, April 2nd at 7pm. Because of a prior commitment, I cannot do one the first Saturday in May, so that OM has been moved to April 23rd at 7pm.

Can't say enough about what a nice night of Folk Music this is. And you don't have to be a pro to play. It is open to anyone, and original music is encouraged. You can sign up from 6:30 to 7pm the night of the OM.