Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-04-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
babs

Default Campground condo association feedback

Hi I am new to the forums and hope you can help with some info.

I am looking to purchase a campsite in the lakes region.

I am aware of two campgrounds that you can purchase the site, and park your camper year round with seasonal use from may to oct. One is in Laconia "Pine Hollow Condominiums" on rt 3 behind the Loony Bin.
The second is Arcadia Campground in Moultonborough.

Any feedback pros/cons of these associations?
Any other campgrounds around the lakes regions where you can purchase a site?
Are there public beaches on Lk Winnipesaukee for those of us who can't afford lake rights?

Thanks Babs
babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #2
ironhorsetim

Default welcome

Hi babs and welcome to the lakes region I can tell you a little about Pine Hallow. Great group of people ,close to the Weirs, pool, playground and a 2 minute drive to the public beach....bonus, it's right behind the Looney Bin
There is also one you could hit with a well thrown stone from there called Hac Ma Tack (hope I spelled that right) they also have a pool and are close to all Weirs Bch has to offer. Hope this helps a little.
Good luck in your search

"Always do sober,what you say you'll do drunk,
That will teach you to keep your mouth shut"
Ernest Hemmingway
ironhorsetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #3
colt17

Default Scenic View Laonia

Babs,

We have owned at Scenic View (on Scenic View Rd) in Laconia for 5 years and have loved it. It is a VERY VERY cheap way to get on the lake. We have a 200ft beach, day docking and moorings for rent. We look at Spindle point every morning while we have our coffee on the deck The season is Memorial Day to Columbus Day (when the water is turned on and off). I would love to talk to you about it as I think we are putting ours on the market soon for a year round camp. IM me if you would like to chat or if I can answer any questions?
colt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #4
babs

Default Public Beach Access?

I did like Pine Hollow when I drove through and the Loony Bin? Well that could be interesting
Can you purchase campsites at Hac ma tack (not rent)? I have rented seasonally for many years, but am looking into ownership.

What beaches are available to the public in the area?

Any info on Arcadia?

Thanks again
Old 08-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #5
ironhorsetim

Yes you can purchase at Hac Ma Tack in fact a friend of mine is selling there also,directly across from the pool. PM me if you want more info.If you've drivin thru the area, the beach you went by at the bridge right at the entrance to the Weirs is public.

"Always do sober,what you say you'll do drunk,
That will teach you to keep your mouth shut"
Ernest Hemmingway
ironhorsetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #6
Rose

Default Arcadia

We rented one year at Arcadia. It's a looooong ride to the "main" part of the lake, there is a day dock available, but frequently we found someone parked there, and it was a long walk between the launch and the trailer parking area. Eventually, we rented a valet spot at Harilla's to make things easier.

We decided to move after one year because we wanted more of a camping atmosphere. We were constantly hearing lawn mowers at Arcadia...we can get that at home.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:17 AM   #7
meredith weekender

We owned a site in Arcadia for 3 1/2 seasons before buying a year round house. Arcadia was a great stepping stone for us. Our site had a great view of the lake. The walk to the beach and docks was less than 1500' for us. Activities galore on weekends to keep the kids entertained and the adults. Yes, there are lawn mowers and finished landscapes. A good portion of the residents use golf carts to get around. Arcadia is not like a traditional camp ground. Docking: There were day cock slips if i remember correctly, as well you could also buy a dock if you wanted to do that. We loved it, and feel that it got us where we wanted to be.
meredith weekender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:49 AM   #8
babs

Default Arcadia: tell me more

Besides owning your site, what other fees are owners responsible for? Is septic included, yearly association fees? Thanks Babs
Old 08-06-2009, 06:27 AM   #9
meredith weekender

There was a quarterly condo. fee, I do not remember how much. The fee covered common area maintenance (road, bath houses, mgt., etc.), sewer and water were also included. Each site had its own electrical service which is your responsibility. Basic maintenance to your site is your responsibility just as if it is your yard at home. If you add a screened porch or deck then the town will tax you on that portion as well as the town will tax you on your lot because it is a condo. and you own it. Hope this helps.
meredith weekender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #10
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Babs,

reading through this thread I have a few questions for you...

but first using the condoized campground idea as a way to get started owning something in the lakes region is a good idea....

now onto the questions

1) what are your priorities right now when you are up in the area? if you have kids and like to spend time in the wiers beach area... Arcadia becomes a bad choice...

2) Are you looking to get away from the touristy area of the lake? in which case Arcadia is a good choice...

I have no experience with the other places, but friends have rented and stayed at Arcadia.... they have a nice beach, and as others have said there is plenty to do.... it is a far reach by boat.... but When I visited friends there I always enjoyed the ride....

There are also some things to think about..... there are two other camp grounds on Moultonboro neck RD.... the one by the bridge.... and the other back up the neck a ways.... now they might not sell sights, but you might be able to rent one for a year.... this might be a good way to try being in that area of the lake for a year to see how you like it......
Old 08-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #11
babs

Great point, my "kids" are 19 & 21 and would probably enjoy the Weir's Beach area. However, I would live there during the summer months when school is out and would probably prefer the Arcadia experience. A big plus I see is that Arcadia includes beach rights in the condo/site purchase.
I think I will find a seasonal rental for next summer to see which is the best fit for me. I have rented a site in a seasonal campground in CT for 15 seasons, and would really like to put my money into something that could own. Thanks for your suggestions- This forum is AWESOME!

Babs
Old 08-07-2009, 05:56 AM   #12
CL 240 LS

Default Arcadia

Hi Babs
A good friend of mine has been at Arcadia for many years and loves it. He keeps his boat at Harrila Landing on Long Island, a short drive down the Neck.
Boating from Harrilas gets you out into the middle of the lake in short order. Moultonboro is nice and quiet compared to the Weirs!
He may be interested in selling soon as his kids are now grown.
CL 240 LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #13
Paugusbaby

I am in Paugus Bay campgound, but you have to rent the site. Awesome location though, with a private beach. Unfortunately I have to sell because I can never seem to get up there anymore. Send me a message for more info
Paugusbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 01:35 PM   #14
Squamlaker

Talking

Hi Babs. Squam Lake has a campground association on Little Squam. Parkmodel units, outdoor pool, indoor pool, Lodge with exercise room, access to the beach and marina. You can do your own thing, go out in your boat, hang out at the beach, hike lots of area trails or you can participate in the social events like outdoor movies, poker runs, texas holdem, and horseshoe tournaments. Squam is only 15 - 20 min. out of Meredith and Lake Winnipesaukee. Units for sale. You can check out the website at Squam Lakeside Recreational Camp Resort Association, or SLRCRCA.
Squamlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 02:32 PM   #15
Onshore

Whatever property you look at read the deed carefully. Particularly as it describes what you will own as opposed to what you have rights to, and equally important, what other people may have rights to what you are being told you will own.
Onshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:25 PM   #16
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

This thread is really old, but, for what it's worth, we love Arcadia.
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:21 PM   #17
Patofnaud

Default 2nd Paugus Bay CG..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paugusbaby View Post
I am in Paugus Bay campgound, but you have to rent the site. Awesome location though, with a private beach. Unfortunately I have to sell because I can never seem to get up there anymore. Send me a message for more info
I'm there also. Bought a permenant last fall, been semi-seasonal for a few years prior, and was over at Allacoya (sp?) for a few years before that. However you do not own your site at PBC. One of the nicer sites is up for sale (errr rent, but own the unit) right now on Craigslist.
Patofnaud is offline   Reply With Quote