Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2018, 06:05 AM   #1
GBGX2

Default William Tell Redux???

This ad showed up on Facebook last night:

https://www.facebook.com/16988487031...8842520751654/

The adventure begins. Hiring tomorrow for line cooks, dishwashers, wait staff, bartenders, etc. Walk in interviews at 1602 Mount Major Highway (Rte 11) Alton, NH. Look for the sign and only enter in the southeast drive. Wanna play???
😆
GBGX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:28 AM   #2
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

I just don’t see how all of these positions will be filled especially in season. There was a shortage of labor last year with restaurants not using their full capacity because they didn’t have the staff to handle the tables. Now we have a few new restaurants opening such as this one and Faro Express just to name a couple.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:15 AM   #3
Phantom

What still remains a mystery is the type of cuisine they plan to offer

p.s. -- there is already another thread open on this …….. further posts probably should go there
https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ad.php?t=23675
Old 12-18-2018, 08:23 AM   #4
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
What still remains a mystery is the type of cuisine they plan to offer

p.s. -- there is already another thread open on this …….. further posts probably should go there
https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ad.php?t=23675
I can only assume since they have a William Tell themed logo it will be a similar menu. But you know what happens when you assume.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:07 PM   #5
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I just don’t see how all of these positions will be filled especially in season. There was a shortage of labor last year with
is the exact mindset of those that dragged Wal-Mart in to Tilton.

Quote:
I just don’t see how all of these positions will be filled especially in season. There was a shortage of labor last year with
is the exact mindset of those that dragged Wal-Mart in to Gilford.

Quote:
is the exact mindset of those that dragged Lowes into Gilford.

Quote:
is the exact mindset of those that dragged Blah Blah Blah

These companies have found employees. In season and out of season.

That excuse is as tired as..... "in this economy......"
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2018, 05:26 PM   #6
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post

I completely disagree. Your comparing home improvement and retail stores to the restaurant industry.

it’s not an excuse. It’s a fact. Canoe, Sandy Point, Shibley all had this issue that I personally experienced while going to these establishments this past season.

The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
gillygirl (12-18-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 05:42 PM   #7
Outdoorsman

Quote:
I completely disagree. Your comparing home improvement and retail stores to the restaurant industry.

it’s not an excuse. It’s a fact. Canoe, Sandy Point, Shibley all had this issue that I personally experienced while going to these establishments this past season.
Pick and choose all you want. All of these businesses need extra help for the busy summer season.

If this specific industry is unable to hire staff for their busy season (the very season that has an influx of students that are also on vacation from school)....
Old 12-18-2018, 05:49 PM   #8
joey2665

Quote:
Pick and choose all you want. All of these businesses need extra help for the busy summer season.

If this specific industry is unable to hire staff for their busy season (the very season that has an influx of students that are also on vacation from school)....

Again we will have to agree to disagree. Walmart and Lowe’s do not see a huge uptick in season no where near what restaurants experience. These students that you speak of are not enough of a workforce influx to satisfy the restaurants demand.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:50 PM   #9
Descant

Thanked 1,492 Times in 970 Posts
Default Pay?

Perhaps employers will raise wages to attract employees? It's happening elsewhere. And bring new people into the workforce. It does seem to me that we are training people in the hospitality industry to be managers and chefs, not servers. I agree that business owners can no longer rely on "kids on vacation" to fill in all the jobs. They need to reach out and find new staff in places they didn't look before.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:35 PM   #10
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,135 Times in 889 Posts

One of the problems with using students to fill summer positions is that many go back to school before the summer is over and leave employers very short on help. It seems the schools start a lot earlier than they did years ago.

I do know that many local restaurants had one of their worst seasons filling positions during the summer of 2018. Also, even when you find a willing warm body a lot of potential employees can't pass a pre-employment drug test.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:38 PM   #11
MBNeckguy

Quote:

Cheers to that!

MBNeckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:50 AM   #12
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,993 Times in 910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBGX2 View Post
This ad showed up on Facebook last night:

https://www.facebook.com/16988487031...8842520751654/

The adventure begins. Hiring tomorrow for line cooks, dishwashers, wait staff, bartenders, etc. Walk in interviews at 1602 Mount Major Highway (Rte 11) Alton, NH. Look for the sign and only enter in the southeast drive. Wanna play???
😆
Late morning today several vehicles parked out front including the Alton building inspector.

This is the 3rd thread this year:

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ad.php?t=23062

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ad.php?t=23252
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 05:02 PM   #13
Crusty

Default All Hail Relentless Restaurant Group

I've been interested in the "William Tell" for 30 years. My wife's family has had camps on Smith Point for over 100 years and when giving directions, they always start with "do you know where the William Tell is? Go there and turn right." When I first joined them, everyone talked about the Tell, but strangely, no one ever went there to eat. Finally, I walked up (ok, I drove; the hill's pretty steep) and had dinner by myself. Wow. I convinced the others a few at a time and everyone thought it was great. Once we bought our own place on the point, the wife and I became regulars, although we had to alternate between dinners and deserts. It was all very, very good and the people running it and working there were top-notch.

Sadly, like all restaurants that I really enjoy, they closed.

The Woodlands Tavern folks put some money into the facility and made a good effort, but it was not enough and they didn't make it.

Now, an "unknown" group of people are about to re-open the restaurant and from what little I have been able to glean about them, it looks like it will be a success.

It seems (and this is somewhat based on rumors and "informed sources") that the new people already own and operate successful restaurants elsewhere so they have experience. Their willingness to delay their opening until everything is "right" shows a commitment to quality and the deep pockets needed to start a new restaurant. They obviously do not intend to be a summers-only operation, which will reduce their need for seasonal employees. Since this problem exists everywhere to some extent, they probably already have some experience in dealing with it.

They have indicated that they will be bringing back some of the old William Tell menu items (wiener schnitzel? tobler chocolate? raspberry creme puffs?) and I am cautiously optimistic that they will still be in business when I next have a chance to eat there.
Crusty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Crusty For This Useful Post:
gravy boat (12-19-2018), joey2665 (12-19-2018), moose tracks (12-19-2018), Tallyho (12-21-2018), Waterbaby (01-08-2019)
Old 12-20-2018, 02:56 PM   #14
Overlake97

Default Old William Tell menu items?

Crusty wrote, "They have indicated that they will be bringing back some of the old William Tell menu items (wiener schnitzel? tobler chocolate? raspberry creme puffs?)." Where did they say (or indicate) that? I haven't seen even a hint about the menu, although many Forum'ers have certainly been speculating based on the Arrow and Apple on the sign.
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:49 PM   #15
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlake97 View Post
Crusty wrote, "They have indicated that they will be bringing back some of the old William Tell menu items (wiener schnitzel? tobler chocolate? raspberry creme puffs?)." Where did they say (or indicate) that? I haven't seen even a hint about the menu, although many Forum'ers have certainly been speculating based on the Arrow and Apple on the sign.
Crusty stated "and this is somewhat based on rumors and "informed sources"
Old 12-20-2018, 04:05 PM   #16
Bigstan

Default Or from this

Which really only mentions the possibility.

http://www.newhampshirerestaurantrev...liam-tell.html

or from the FB page:

Relentless Restaurant Group, LLC

"We're not quite ready to reveal the concept yet but some of the old menu items fit our theme..."
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 08:59 AM   #17
JADAQ

I thought “opening soon” meant within like a few months... not a year!

It’s like they are all there working gangbusters and then poof, nothing for weeks.

Must be costing a fortune for that place to sit idle.
JADAQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:56 AM   #18
Crusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADAQ View Post
I thought “opening soon” meant within like a few months... not a year!

It’s like they are all there working gangbusters and then poof, nothing for weeks.

Must be costing a fortune for that place to sit idle.
"Soon" is such a relative term. From their occasional Facebook posts, they appear to have encountered difficulty in obtaining contractors. Just why is anyone's guess, but I imagine that they are being pretty picky about workmanship. They may also have experienced delays in obtaining custom equipment, getting inspections (don't get me started), or dealing with the unforeseen conditions that are an unavoidable part of old buildings.

Restaurants that rush to meet an opening deadline are a regular topic on this forum and few folk want to cut them any slack as they try to operate a not-yet-ready enterprise.

As I recall, the building was not that expensive. Of course, while it sits idle, they are paying for heat and taxes. Without a staff, however, it isn't "costing a fortune". That will come shortly, as staff training begins.

My prediction, based on nothing but speculation, is for a February opening. Their "concept", still under wraps, will be something that will be geared to serve both summer tourists and winter locals. Food quality and service will be excellent from the start. They will advertise a lot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crusty For This Useful Post:
gravy boat (12-23-2018), smith point boater (12-23-2018)
Old 12-22-2018, 04:47 PM   #19
Mr. V

While I doubt they'll serve haute cuisine , I suspect the quality of the product and level of service will be better than average, as it was with the Tell.

At least I hope so.

Whatever the theme, let's hope they nail it and hit it out of the park.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:23 PM   #20
camp guy

Default William Tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
"Soon" is such a relative term. From their occasional Facebook posts, they appear to have encountered difficulty in obtaining contractors. Just why is anyone's guess, but I imagine that they are being pretty picky about workmanship. They may also have experienced delays in obtaining custom equipment, getting inspections (don't get me started), or dealing with the unforeseen conditions that are an unavoidable part of old buildings.

Restaurants that rush to meet an opening deadline are a regular topic on this forum and few folk want to cut them any slack as they try to operate a not-yet-ready enterprise.

As I recall, the building was not that expensive. Of course, while it sits idle, they are paying for heat and taxes. Without a staff, however, it isn't "costing a fortune". That will come shortly, as staff training begins.

My prediction, based on nothing but speculation, is for a February opening. Their "concept", still under wraps, will be something that will be geared to serve both summer tourists and winter locals. Food quality and service will be excellent from the start. They will advertise a lot.

I think of all the posts about this subject, your last two sentences are the most cogent.

Good luck to the new owners.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 04:59 PM   #21
JADAQ

New sign revealed..” The lodge at Smith point”

Not really sure why it was so “top secret” but ok??
Old 12-27-2018, 05:49 PM   #22
joey2665

Quote:
New sign revealed..” The lodge at Smith point”

Not really sure why it was so “top secret” but ok??

Here is their Facebook post with an update:

Name:  IMG_5038.JPG
Views: 4064
Size:  17.7 KB

Old 01-01-2019, 10:22 AM   #23
KarmaGirl

At yesterday’s soft open, the menu items were expensive, including a $16 hamburger!

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
KarmaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 01:17 PM   #24
Irish mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaGirl View Post
At yesterday’s soft open, the menu items were expensive, including a $16 hamburger!

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I'm a Wendy's guy....so I'm covered
Irish mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 04:11 PM   #25
Descant

Default What's included?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaGirl View Post
[/url]
What's included? Many years ago, i.e. when a dollar was worth a lot more, a
place near us had a PB&J on the menu for $35. It included a smorgasbord of side dishes, shrimp, salad, etc. The Dive menu lists a burger at $14, possibly more by next summer. Is that a 4 oz, 6 or 8 oz? Prime Angus, or some other cut?
More info, please.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:48 PM   #26
camp guy

With all due respect, and with all the humility I can find within my aging personality, there is NO "hamburger" worth $16.00. If a restaurant wants to sell a rounded, flattened, collection of ground beef for $16.00, then I humbly suggest they change its name to something other than 'hamburger'.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 06:45 PM   #27
joey2665

https://www.facebook.com/thelodgenh/

This is their new Facebook page

Old 01-01-2019, 09:30 PM   #28
Bigstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp guy View Post
With all due respect, and with all the humility I can find within my aging personality, there is NO "hamburger" worth $16.00. If a restaurant wants to sell a rounded, flattened, collection of ground beef for $16.00, then I humbly suggest they change its name to something other than 'hamburger'.
Age old argument yet again. Why would you change it - it is in fact a burger.

So here is a short list of nearby places you wont frequent either as they have burgers in the $14-16-ish price point :

Ellacoya
Cactus Jacks / T-Bones
Fratellos
405 Pub

What you are saying is a testament upon yourself - you cannot realize that there can be a $16 burger that's worth money spent. Truffle fries or not and cuts of beef are ignored. You just want to say that there is no way this is worthwhile? Ok, understood.

So make a new post for that and leave it out of a new restaurant thread regarding a place that has been over a year in opening, and that some of us want to thrive? Because what you are saying has zero relevance here, unless you care to comment on their burger? Oh, apologies, you won't ever have it.

If only reviews could be limited to those that have something to truly review?
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bigstan For This Useful Post:
Bernie Girl (01-03-2019), Billy Bob (01-03-2019), ishoot308 (01-01-2019), jbolty (01-01-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 08:01 AM   #29
TiltonBB

Not to hijack this thread (and I also hope the restaurant does well) we all have a choice where to shop and dine. It also comes down to the short season and the amount that a business needs to charge to remain viable. With Gunstock located nearby maybe that additional traffic will help them to grow and prosper.

As we get older (and I think that happens to everyone) we have to adjust our thinking to new technology and new prices. For some people that seems harder than it does for others. Most prices seem to increase every year (except televisions). That is one item that the longer you wait the better it gets, as the price gets lower.

When I was in high school I worked for two summers at a Dairy Queen. The first year the cones were 15 cents, 20 cents, and 25 cents for a large cone. At the start of the second year the owner told me he was going to charge 30 cents for the large cone. I told him that no one would pay 30 cents for an ice cream cone. How wrong I was! Many years later I am still adjusting my thinking!
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
chipj29 (01-02-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 08:08 AM   #30
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Not to hijack this thread (and I also hope the restaurant does well) we all have a choice where to shop and dine. It also comes down to the short season and the amount that a business needs to charge to remain viable. With Gunstock located nearby maybe that additional traffic will help them to grow and prosper.

As we get older (and I think that happens to everyone) we have to adjust our thinking to new technology and new prices. For some people that seems harder than it does for others. Most prices seem to increase every year (except televisions). That is one item that the longer you wait the better it gets, as the price gets lower.

When I was in high school I worked for two summers at a Dairy Queen. The first year the cones were 15 cents, 20 cents, and 25 cents for a large cone. At the start of the second year the owner told me he was going to charge 30 cents for the large cone. I told him that no one would pay 30 cents for an ice cream cone. How wrong I was! Many years later I am still adjusting my thinking!

Absolutely agree. You will be hard pressed to find a good “restaurant quality burger, not fast food” for under 12.00. Remember you are being served in a restaurant not going through a drive thru. Overhead much higher.

The only real exception it when places like Ellacoya run their specials to draw people in.

Old 01-02-2019, 08:29 AM   #31
ApS

Red face Now, I make Two Meals out of One "Graveyard Special"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp guy View Post
Not so long ago, at the Wolfeboro Inn, we used to joke "Someday, there'll be $5 hamburgers".
Old 01-02-2019, 09:51 AM   #32
jbolty

A normal burger from the deluxe menu at any fast food drive through is about $6 and gets tossed in a bag. $15 for a good burger served to you at a table with fries or salad is pretty standard these days.

But, that's for another thread.
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:01 AM   #33
codeman671

If you want a cheap burger go to 5 Guys (tasty by the way)...Judging by the pictures on their Facebook page they are not trying to cater to a $5.00 burger crowd.

Any place around the seacoast that isn't a drive-thru has at least $12 burgers. Average one at the 99 is $12.00, and I would hardly call that gourmet.

Karmagirl, how about some feedback on the actual restaurant? What did you have? Was it good?
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:18 AM   #34
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,617 Times in 560 Posts

Many restaurants have to charge a little more because of overhead.
At the Village Kitchen we charge $6.75 for a 1/3 lb hamburger.
E.M. Heath grinds it fresh for us every day...USDA choice ground chuck 80/20 mix.
We're not fancy and have beer and wine only,not a full bar so we can afford to sell a little cheaper
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:56 AM   #35
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post

$6.99 at 5 guys....

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:07 PM   #36
baygo

Quote:
E.M. Heath grinds it fresh for us every day...USDA choice ground chuck 80/20 mix.
We're not fancy and have beer and wine only,not a full bar so we can afford to sell a little cheaper
That sounds like a great approach to a burger SamIAM. I love the fact you use a local market. I think using a prime for a burger is overkill. Kind of like making a mixed drink with 30-year-old Scotch.

There are some words that Echo in the back of my mind from my days in culinary school. They taught us that some people would believe that a $16 steak would taste better than an $8 steak.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:27 PM   #37
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
My only complaint about Heaths is that you can't get 73/27 any longer.

While I have eaten, and will again eat a $16 burger, The VK makes a very good burger!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:25 PM   #38
JADAQ

I can tell you right now at $16 for a burger I’m sure most of their clientele won’t be locals. It’s going to be a tough go in the off seasons when you’re relying on tourists and such to support a business. Dear lord, if a burger is $16 I’d hate to see the rest of the menu!

Hamburger meat isn’t that expensive....
Old 01-02-2019, 02:14 PM   #39
TheVoiceOfReason

Quote:
Hamburger meat isn’t that expensive....
I'm certainly no restaurateur, but when you purchase a burger at a restaurant the cost goes far beyond hamburger meat. You're paying for the bun, ground beef, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, condiments, fries, side pickle, the host/hostess who sat you, the waiter/waitress who brought it to you, the cook who prepared it, the bus boy who took it away, and the dishwasher who cleaned it up. Businesses also have to keep the lights on, pay workers comp, pay insurance, pay taxes, heat the building, maintain their equipment, along with numerous other expenses, plus have to make a profit to make it all worth while. To say that a restaurant shouldn't charge $16 for a burger because hamburger meat isn't that expensive is oversimplifying the issue to the highest degree.
TheVoiceOfReason is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheVoiceOfReason For This Useful Post:
Billy Bob (01-03-2019), codeman671 (01-02-2019), jbolty (01-02-2019), Overlake97 (01-02-2019), Reilly (01-02-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 03:37 PM   #40
Overlake97

Default Five guys burger price

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdude View Post
$6.99 at 5 guys....
Actually, $4.99 for the little hamburger (one patty), according to the their website.
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:03 PM   #41
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoiceOfReason View Post
I'm certainly no restaurateur, but when you purchase a burger at a restaurant the cost goes far beyond hamburger meat. You're paying for the bun, ground beef, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, condiments, fries, side pickle, the host/hostess who sat you, the waiter/waitress who brought it to you, the cook who prepared it, the bus boy who took it away, and the dishwasher who cleaned it up. Businesses also have to keep the lights on, pay workers comp, pay insurance, pay taxes, heat the building, maintain their equipment, along with numerous other expenses, plus have to make a profit to make it all worth while. To say that a restaurant shouldn't charge $16 for a burger because hamburger meat isn't that expensive is oversimplifying the issue to the highest degree.
The Village Kitchen must have all those requirements to run their restaurant and they only charge $6.75 for a delicious burger.
I guess most people who go to these high priced restaurants don't look at the cost anyway.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:41 PM   #42
Phantom

I am gonna HATE myself for jumping into this mess …….. but was it perhaps a KOBE or Piedmont burger ?

In any event, we'll give it a week or two to work out the kinks and then go by and check it out on (a soon to come) Friday evening ….. keep ya'll informed.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:41 PM   #43
Descant

Default No reviews?

So far, 42 posts on a thread devoted to a newly opened restaurant, and not one actual review. We've been waiting for a year. Time for somebody (local) to actually eat there and let us know.
The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post:
Billy Bob (01-03-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 04:50 PM   #44
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
I am gonna HATE myself for jumping into this mess …….. but was it perhaps a KOBE or Piedmont burger ?

In any event, we'll give it a week or two to work out the kinks and then go by and check it out on (a soon to come) Friday evening ….. keep ya'll informed.
I have a hard time justifying the use of either of those in a burger other than when salvaging the leftovers from dressing a loin. KOBE is sought after because it's extremely tender as a steak. Hamburger can be delicious and tender when tougher meat is ground up and mixed with the right amount of fat.
The Following User Says Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post:
Phantom (01-03-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 04:52 PM   #45
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
So far, 42 posts on a thread devoted to a newly opened restaurant, and not one actual review. We've been waiting for a year. Time for somebody (local) to actually eat there and let us know.
I noticed the same thing wvhich is why I started a new thread with their actual name. This one obviously has moved toward the burger.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post:
Descant (01-03-2019), Slickcraft (01-02-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 05:22 PM   #46
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
I noticed the same thing wvhich is why I started a new thread with their actual name. This one obviously has moved toward the burger.
Jeez, if everyone started a new thread about the same subject because they didn't like the way it was going there would be double the amount of threads in this forum. Most thread subjects go off on a tangent, it just seems to go that way.
The new thread won't be any different.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:28 PM   #47
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Jeez, if everyone started a new thread about the same subject because they didn't like the way it was going there would be double the amount of threads in this forum. Most thread subjects go off on a tangent, it just seems to go that way.
The new thread won't be any different.
Be that as it may, I actually started a new thread to give the restaurant a fair chance to establish one with their actual name.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:44 PM   #48
Jeanzb1

I have not been yet, but I know two couples who have and both RAVED about it!!! PEI mussels as an appetizer, fish and chips and salmon. Can’t wait to go!!

Jeanzb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeanzb1 For This Useful Post:
Bernie Girl (01-03-2019), Descant (01-03-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 10:21 PM   #49
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
Be that as it may, I actually started a new thread to give the restaurant a fair chance to establish one with their actual name.

No good deed goes unpunished

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
Billy Bob (01-03-2019), Reilly (01-03-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 11:43 PM   #50
Crusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
For the best two dollars you ever spent, just go to Walmart and get a frozen, 5" Marie Callender pot pie; turkey, chicken, or beef ..... 6-9 minutes microwave ... no 9% tax, no tip ...... totally delicious ..... now you're Country Cook'n at an affordable price ......vegetables inside ..... so good ..... so hot ...... so crusty!
So, just why is a Marie Callender pot pie like me?
Old 01-03-2019, 07:43 AM   #51
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
So, just why is a Marie Callender pot pie like me?

Don’t bit into it. Just FLL trying to derail another thread with nonsense.

jetskier (01-03-2019), Phantom (01-03-2019)
Old 01-03-2019, 06:39 PM   #52
dogma

If you don't like it, go somewhere else. More room for me. I support them 100%
dogma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:43 PM   #53
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Could have added "flaky crusty" because her pie cooks up surprisingly good in the microwave for 6-9 minutes and doesn't come out like a hard brick, or like an over-cooked, piece of rubber. It comes out with a hot flaky crust, just like what Marie Callender used to bake, back in 1959, in between her hula - hoop'n.

I do believe I'm fall'n in love with that Marie Callender 2-dollar microwave 5" pot pie with the flaky crust. So good, is almost like that yummy rich restaurant food. ..... ..... do believe I'll have one for breakfast!
I don't like to microwave something like a pot pie because it makes it soggy and also it doesn't get hot evenly. Maybe I'll try one of her pies but will bake it. Thanks for telling us about the pie.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:20 AM   #54
joey2665

Quote:
Somehow, Someway, please make this stop. If FLL wants to make an ass of himself in one of his own threads ,,,,,,,, please let him do it. Those are easy to avoid, but when he jumps in for his own self gratification with off topic gibberish, please consider deleting, it's not fair to everyone else.

You should try the Beef they are very good on a cold day.

I’m with you pondguy. 95% of is posts are purposely designed to derail threads and stir the pot. It is getting extremely annoying. Why the heck are we talking about frozen pot pies in a restaurant thread?

Old 01-04-2019, 07:50 AM   #55
webmaster

Thanked 3,691 Times in 819 Posts

Quote:
Somehow, Someway, please make this stop.
You can make it stop yourself by adding him to your "Ignore List". To add a user to your ignore list, go to your User CP and in the left Nav Panel under "Settings & Options" select "Edit Ignore List", type the username you wish to ignore and click "Okay".

Posts from users that you are ignoring are hidden from view when logged in to the forums.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
Descant (01-04-2019), Phantom (01-04-2019), pjard (01-06-2019), Reilly (01-05-2019), Rusty (01-04-2019), Top-Water (01-04-2019), winniwannabe (01-05-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 08:29 AM   #56
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
You can make it stop yourself by adding him to your "Ignore List". To add a user to your ignore list, go to your User CP and in the left Nav Panel under "Settings & Options" select "Edit Ignore List", type the username you wish to ignore and click "Okay".

Posts from users that you are ignoring are hidden from view when logged in to the forums.

Wow good to know. Thank you

Old 01-04-2019, 08:17 PM   #57
Rusty

Quote:
Wow good to know. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Water View Post
Thank you very much Webmaster, I did not know about, or how that feature worked.

Thank you ,,, Sincerely Settings Updated.
This should also make FLL happy, now he can post his educational well researched comments in peace.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:48 PM   #58
joey2665

Quote:
This should also make FLL happy, now he can post his educational well researched comments in peace.

Yes especially because he will be the only one reading his rants and nonsense and he can continue to rack up his posting total.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:51 PM   #59
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,209 Posts

Hey, does anyone know how much this new place charges for pot pies? I found a great deal on the web and just need to know if I should give this place a shot or order a dozen online.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:44 AM   #60
winniwannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Hey, does anyone know how much this new place charges for pot pies? I found a great deal on the web and just need to know if I should give this place a shot or order a dozen online.

Well said. Hope all of us enjoy our new pot pies recommended from FLL Can't think of another way to spend my winter.
winniwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to winniwannabe For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (01-05-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 05:57 PM   #61
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Yes especially because he will be the only one reading his rants and nonsense and he can continue to rack up his posting total.

I would much rather read those "rants and nonsense" than read the NIMBY bull**** for those "entitled" **** at a certain Laconia location.
The Following User Says Thank You to Outdoorsman For This Useful Post:
pondguy (01-06-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 08:50 PM   #62
joey2665

Quote:
I would much rather read those "rants and nonsense" than read the NIMBY bull**** for those "entitled" **** at a certain Laconia location.

Alrighty then.... to each his own. That’s why they make vanilla and chocolate. I prefer not to listen to his nonsense.

We need to get back to the thread subject. He accomplished his mission

Reilly (01-06-2019), Top-Water (01-05-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 09:59 AM   #63
webmaster

Quote:
I wouldn't be so sure that everyone would "ignore" him. When he was absent for a month last year because of a password problem I got constant comments and questions about it. Apparently a lot of people missed his posts.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
Newbiesaukee (01-06-2019), Overlake97 (01-06-2019), Pine Island Guy (01-10-2019), Rusty (01-06-2019), TiltonBB (01-06-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 10:36 AM   #64
Rusty

Quote:
I wouldn't be so sure that everyone would "ignore" him. When he was absent for a month last year because of a password problem I got constant comments and questions about it. Apparently a lot of people missed his posts.
My comment was directed at only 2 forum members who constantly criticize FLL about his postings.
Most of us get a kick out of his commenting style and know when to take him serious of just ignore some of them.
You are right that when he was not posting for a while some members were concerned about it and the forum got a little dull at times.
Barney Bear (01-06-2019), Crusty (01-06-2019), CTYankee (01-07-2019), gravy boat (01-06-2019), Newbiesaukee (01-06-2019), Overlake97 (01-06-2019), pault842 (01-06-2019), Pine Island Guy (01-10-2019), pondguy (01-06-2019), Slickcraft (01-06-2019), TiltonBB (01-06-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 06:09 PM   #65
Island Girl

Default Variety is the Spice of Life

I enjoy FLL’s posts. He is a long time forum member and a thoughtful man. He helped me out of a Snake Eyes bind in the dead of January traveling by boat from Meredith to Alton and back.

I don’t always like some posts from some people. After many years on this forum that would be expected. People have come and gone and some favorites have passed away.

I cherish each of you for bringing variety to the forum, helping when needed, offering new ideas and just chatting in general about our favorite place.

If FLL wants to stir the pot a bit, that is fine with me. Lighten up folks.

IG

Now... will someone please post the menu for the Lodge at Smith Point?

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Island Girl For This Useful Post:
GBGX2 (01-07-2019), Newbiesaukee (01-06-2019), Paugus Bay Resident (01-06-2019), Pine Island Guy (01-10-2019), pondguy (01-07-2019), thinkxingu (01-06-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 06:19 PM   #66
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Girl View Post
I enjoy FLL’s posts. He is a long time forum member and a thoughtful man. He helped me out of a Snake Eyes bind in the dead of January traveling by boat from Meredith to Alton and back.

I don’t always like some posts from some people. After many years on this forum that would be expected. People have come and gone and some favorites have passed away.

I cherish each of you for bringing variety to the forum, helping when needed, offering new ideas and just chatting in general about our favorite place.

If FLL wants to stir the pot a bit, that is fine with me. Lighten up folks.

IG

Now... will someone please post the menu for the Lodge at Smith Point?
I posted the menu on the other thread.

thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:48 PM   #67
Descant

Default Truth

I really like it when the the title tells me what the topic is. When it gets hijacked, I get less interested in the whole forum. If FLL wants to change the topic, he should start a new thread. Of course, we are (almost) all guilty of straying once in a while. Wouldn't it be great if the software allowed a flag for "off topic"? That would require some sort of censor. We're not ready for that.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:03 AM   #68
TiltonBB

I read the Forum daily and I have learned a lot about the lake from others who experience things that I am not familiar with. I am happy to learn more about a place that has given me over 50 years of enjoyment. It is my feeling that the more you know about the area the more you can appreciate it.

I am not at all concerned when a thread wanders from its original subject and covers something else. The thoughts and opinions of others can be interesting and offer a different perspective than one that I have.

On the rare occasion that a post is not interesting and enjoyable to read I find it very easy to skip to the next post. Pretty simple and no negativity!
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
Barney Bear (01-07-2019)
Old 01-07-2019, 08:23 AM   #69
webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
I really like it when the the title tells me what the topic is. When it gets hijacked, I get less interested in the whole forum. If FLL wants to change the topic, he should start a new thread. Of course, we are (almost) all guilty of straying once in a while. Wouldn't it be great if the software allowed a flag for "off topic"? That would require some sort of censor. We're not ready for that.
There is an "off-topic" emoji in the smilies list that you can use:
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
Barney Bear (01-07-2019), Descant (01-07-2019), LoveLakeLife (01-07-2019), upthesaukee (01-07-2019)
Old 01-07-2019, 02:20 PM   #70
Outdoorsman

Quote:
There is an "off-topic" emoji in the smilies list that you can use: