Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2021, 10:09 AM   #1
welch-time

Default Home Builders in Gilford Area

My wife and I are looking for quality home builders in the Gilford area.
We have a couple in mind but it would be nice to have a couple more.
Any first hand recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark
welch-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 02:35 PM   #2
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default where

Island or mainland? We've been happy with Island Construction for a variety of projects. https://islandconstructionnh.com/contact/
Descant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 08:07 PM   #3
Sunseeker Jimmy

Default Lrdg

Lakes Region Design Group is building our home now in Meredith and they do great work and have an amazing vision. Jeremy Martin is the head of company.
Sunseeker Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunseeker Jimmy For This Useful Post:
welch-time (01-20-2021)
Old 01-20-2021, 08:32 AM   #4
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Home Builders

Man, this has been circulating for a long time. If you did a search in the forum you should have easily got your answer. This is getting old.

Contact the Lakes Region Home Builders Association for a list of builders.
https://lakesregionbuilders.com/

While the list is comprehensive, it does not list quality builders. Although I do not want to single any out, because of my background in the local building industry. I can tell you the good builders are booked years out. Most are semi-retired and only build one or two homes a year.

I suggest you look at prefab homes. They exceed local stick-built quality and the warranty go beyond the one year, mandated by NH law.

I like BensonWood. NH built and they use local materials when possible. You can very easily find satisfied owners in the Lakes Region area.
https://bensonwood.com/
Old 01-20-2021, 10:31 AM   #5
Doobs41378

My brother owns a construction company in Meredith and has done work, including new builds for other members here. His website is

www.bellawoodsbuilders.com

Hope this helps and good luck with your project.
Doobs41378 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Doobs41378 For This Useful Post:
welch-time (01-20-2021)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2021, 05:07 PM   #6
welch-time

Sorry,
On the Mainland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Island or mainland? We've been happy with Island Construction for a variety of projects. https://islandconstructionnh.com/contact/
Old 01-21-2021, 09:05 AM   #7
sky's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Man, this has been circulating for a long time. If you did a search in the forum you should have easily got your answer. This is getting old.

Contact the Lakes Region Home Builders Association for a list of builders.
https://lakesregionbuilders.com/

While the list is comprehensive, it does not list quality builders. Although I do not want to single any out, because of my background in the local building industry. I can tell you the good builders are booked years out. Most are semi-retired and only build one or two homes a year.

I suggest you look at prefab homes. They exceed local stick-built quality and the warranty go beyond the one year, mandated by NH law.

I like BensonWood. NH built and they use local materials when possible. You can very easily find satisfied owners in the Lakes Region area.
https://bensonwood.com/
youre 110% correct the chances of finding a quality builder this year is next to zero. we do primariliy remodeling and were into 2022 already. good luck in your search
sky's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:04 AM   #8
welch-time

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. We've been making some good connections and will be meeting with a few next month. We're aiming for 2022.

-Mark
Old 01-24-2021, 12:55 PM   #9
NH.Solar

Default Wood & Clay

I have worked with Wood and Clay on two projects over the last year and can't say enough good about both the quality and design of their workmanship, the way they work with their contractors, and especially the amazing talent of their on-site job boss Lee Cram to coordinate a bunch of self centered sub-contractors (me included).
Sub-contractors usually just want to get in, get their work done as best and as quickly as possible, and move onto the next job. I've worked on a few sites where this could lead to not only delays but also disharmony amongst the contractors. Never fun, and a house built under those conditions can't possibly be perfect nor will it have the type of harmonious "soul" that can make a simple building project immediately feel like a home. Lee has the ability to balance all of the contractors individual desires and create an atmosphere where they enjoy working together rather than in conflict. Given the choice I would rather have my home built with love and care and W&C would always be at the top of that list ...and for you, they're right in the neighborhood.
A second nearby recommendation for you based on my experience would be Caleb Johnson in Center Harbor. Caleb's operation is much smaller and he doesn't have a website that I know of, but I have been through a few homes that he built and the workmanship is like W&C's, absolutely exquisite.
Finally I did a project in Franconia two years ago where I witnessed a home that was for me the most beautiful Adirondack design I had ever seen. The designer/builder was Simon Baker. Would he venture down to the far side of the Lakes region? I don't know, but at this point in your planning I would certainly suggest reaching out to him.
Lot's of great builders around, but as has been well mentioned above, you will need to be patient to get your best result ...it will be worth the wait
Old 01-24-2021, 02:38 PM   #10
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

I agree but I believe Wood and Clay will be a wait. They have a lot ahead of them.
tis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 02:34 PM   #11
codeman671

I am beginning to think that finding someone that isn't a year out is like finding a unicorn.
codeman671 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 03:56 PM   #12
jbolty

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
I am beginning to think that finding someone that isn't a year out is like finding a unicorn.
My friend does fine home building and I think they put up about four per year. They are fully booked through the end of 2022 and will not discuss 2023 until at least this fall.
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 04:19 PM   #13
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default New business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
There is obviously unsatisfied demand which means opportunity. I just reserved the domain "Unicorn Builders.com". I'm willing to sell it when you get started. LOL. Actually, Google gave 8.6MM responses, but I still think it's a nice name.
Descant is online now   Reply With Quote