Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2020, 05:57 PM   #1
dykg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Posts: 72
Thanks: 114
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default Winnipesaukee Marketplace Weirs Beach sold?

It looks like the Winnipesaukee Marketplace was sold in October to Weirs Beach Holdings LLC. Anyone have any info on this?
dykg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 08:08 AM   #2
SAMIAM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moultonborough
Posts: 2,594
Thanks: 228
Thanked 1,322 Times in 455 Posts
Default

TiltonBB ?
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 10:28 AM   #3
RUGMAN
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: weirs beach,
Posts: 216
Thanks: 35
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Default

The people that own flight craft bought it and are doing a great job repainting the building , much more eye appealing color.
RUGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RUGMAN For This Useful Post:
dykg (01-02-2021)
Old 01-01-2021, 10:57 AM   #4
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 2,835
Thanks: 843
Thanked 813 Times in 534 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUGMAN View Post
The people that own flight craft bought it and are doing a great job repainting the building , much more eye appealing color.
Awesome they are doing a great job revitalizing the area. Hope they continue to expand their investment

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 11:59 AM   #5
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,179
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 230
Thanked 680 Times in 500 Posts
Arrow .... remove the railroad track .... build a walking/bicycle trail!

Removing that Weirs Beach, single railroad track, that's about 9'6" wide with the wood RR-ties and replacing it with a 10-12' wide walking, running, and bicycling trail paved with gray stone dust gravel could really power-up both of these Winnipesaukee Pier and Winnipesaukee Marketplace building venues.

DPW and municipal trucks like fire rescue vehicles are all usually 8'-wide, and most public roads and interstate highways have lanes that are 12' wide so removing the very much under-used single RR-track and wood ties and replacing it with a gray granite stone dust gravel tourist/community trail would be a hugely welcome improvement to the Weirs waterfront area!

Here in 2021-central New Hampshire, everything gets moved by a car or a truck with black rubber, inflated tires, and nothing gets moved on the steel railroad rails, no more.
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-06-2021 at 10:32 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fatlazyless For This Useful Post:
DotRat (01-04-2021)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2021, 11:59 AM   #6
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 2,792
Thanks: 1,255
Thanked 797 Times in 491 Posts
Default

They seem to be buying up everything. 2020 must have been a good year for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUGMAN View Post
The people that own flight craft bought it and are doing a great job repainting the building , much more eye appealing color.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post:
erick26 (01-16-2021)
Old 01-02-2021, 04:28 PM   #7
RUGMAN
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: weirs beach,
Posts: 216
Thanks: 35
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Somebody has to do it, i applaud them for making the investment in the weirs, They realize we have a gem here. Location, location.
RUGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RUGMAN For This Useful Post:
erick26 (01-16-2021), joey2665 (01-02-2021)
Old 01-05-2021, 03:30 PM   #8
Patofnaud
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Pelham/Paugus Bay
Posts: 189
Thanks: 12
Thanked 49 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Removing that Weirs Beach, single railroad track, that's about 9'6" wide with the wood RR-ties and replacing it with a 10-12' wide walking, running, and bicycling trail paved with gray stone dust gravel could really power-up both of these Winnipesaukee Pier and Winnipesaukee Marketplace building venues.

DPW and municipal trucks like fire rescue vehicles are all usually 8'-wide, and most public roads and interstate highways have lanes that are 12' wide so removing the very much under-used single RR-track and wood ties and replacing it with a gray granite stone dust gravel tourist/community trail would be a hugely welcome improvement to the Weirs waterfront area!

Here in 2021-central New Hampshire, everything gets moved by a car or a truck with black rubber, inflated tires, and nothing gets moved on the steel railroad rails, no more.
*groan* ack, please,,, no.
Patofnaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 04:09 PM   #9
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 2,835
Thanks: 843
Thanked 813 Times in 534 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Removing that Weirs Beach, single railroad track, that's about 9'6" wide with the wood RR-ties and replacing it with a 10-12' wide walking, running, and bicycling trail paved with gray stone dust gravel could really power-up both of these Winnipesaukee Pier and Winnipesaukee Marketplace building venues.

DPW and municipal trucks like fire rescue vehicles are all usually 8'-wide, and most public roads and interstate highways have lanes that are 12' wide so removing the very much under-used single RR-track and wood ties and replacing it with a gray granite stone dust gravel tourist/community trail would be a hugely welcome improvement to the Weirs waterfront area!

Here in 2021-central New Hampshire, everything gets moved by a car or a truck with black rubber, inflated tires, and nothing gets moved on the steel railroad rails, no more.
Absolutely not.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:40 PM   #10
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,179
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 230
Thanked 680 Times in 500 Posts
Default

Photographs .... http://www.americantrails.org/resour...r-fines-trails .... showing crushed granite stone dust gravel trails .... more natural looking and more water absorbent than paved black asphalt .... the way to do it with the Paugus Bay-Weirs Beach-Meredith Bay trail after removing those ugly, two steel rails and wood rr-ties.

That single railroad track that runs through the Weirs has become basically a total waste of a State of NH waterfront embankment. During the 2020-pandemic, the Winnipesaukee Rail Road scenic railroad car service was closed due to the confines of the railroad cars and the coronavirus. If that embankment had been a 12' wide granite gravel trail, it would have been used by many different trail-goers on foot, in running shoes, in wheel chairs, with walkers, on bicycles ..... regardless the pandemic .... as a go-to place to get away from the pandemic .... similar to a hiking trail.

With the railroad occupying the embankment, it has become an ugly, private property, under-used waterfront property. The lake belongs to the people of the State of NH, and the same should be true for what is now the railroad's embankment by removing the single rr-track and making it into a trail.

Remove that ugly old and totally UNUSED rr-track, and build it into a trail, 12' wide, made using small, fine, crushed gray granite paving gravel.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/sidewalk...ly-gravel-path

Ok ....... so, here's a question for Wednesday, January 6, 2021: What will be 12-feet wide, 9-miles long, paved with gray granite crushed stone, and run along the shoreline of Lake Winnipesaukee going from Laconia to Weirs Beach to Meredith?
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-06-2021 at 10:34 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 09:28 AM   #11
Patofnaud
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Pelham/Paugus Bay
Posts: 189
Thanks: 12
Thanked 49 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
During the 2020-pandemic, the Winnipesaukee Rail Road scenic railroad car service was closed due to the confines of the railroad cars and the coronavirus.
Untrue. I know, I used it a couple of times this year. Not everyone likes to walk trails, not everyone CAN walk trails. My grandson loved his train ride. This tearing down stuff because YOU do not use without regard for how others feel about it is getting old.

Anyways, this is not a rail-trail thread, back to your normal programming.

Great that Marketplace is getting a facelift. Kudos to EastCoast.
Patofnaud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Patofnaud For This Useful Post:
erick26 (01-16-2021), joey2665 (01-07-2021), Longtimelurker (01-10-2021), Resident 2B (01-12-2021), Top-Water (01-10-2021)
Old 01-10-2021, 09:46 AM   #12
Top-Water
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 805
Thanks: 1,415
Thanked 710 Times in 429 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofnaud View Post
Great that Marketplace is getting a facelift. Kudos to EastCoast.
Thank you for mentioning this.
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:29 PM   #13
Trail Goer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 110
Thanks: 92
Thanked 67 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Photographs .... http://www.americantrails.org/resour...r-fines-trails .... showing crushed granite stone dust gravel trails .... more natural looking and more water absorbent than paved black asphalt .... the way to do it with the Paugus Bay-Weirs Beach-Meredith Bay trail after removing those ugly, two steel rails and wood rr-ties.

That single railroad track that runs through the Weirs has become basically a total waste of a State of NH waterfront embankment. During the 2020-pandemic, the Winnipesaukee Rail Road scenic railroad car service was closed due to the confines of the railroad cars and the coronavirus. If that embankment had been a 12' wide granite gravel trail, it would have been used by many different trail-goers on foot, in running shoes, in wheel chairs, with walkers, on bicycles ..... regardless the pandemic .... as a go-to place to get away from the pandemic .... similar to a hiking trail.

With the railroad occupying the embankment, it has become an ugly, private property, under-used waterfront property. The lake belongs to the people of the State of NH, and the same should be true for what is now the railroad's embankment by removing the single rr-track and making it into a trail.

Remove that ugly old and totally UNUSED rr-track, and build it into a trail, 12' wide, made using small, fine, crushed gray granite paving gravel.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/sidewalk...ly-gravel-path

Ok ....... so, here's a question for Wednesday, January 6, 2021: What will be 12-feet wide, 9-miles long, paved with gray granite crushed stone, and run along the shoreline of Lake Winnipesaukee going from Laconia to Weirs Beach to Meredith?
*Sigh* Not this again!
This issue with the WOW Trail, was put to bed in November 2019.
Trail Goer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trail Goer For This Useful Post:
Biggd (01-11-2021), Top-Water (01-12-2021)
Old 01-12-2021, 02:49 PM   #14
BroadHopper
Senior Member
 
BroadHopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Laconia NH
Posts: 5,036
Thanks: 2,604
Thanked 946 Times in 663 Posts
Default Back on track please

I thought Winni Martketplace land and building was owned by the Ames family? It is unusual that the family will sell and of their holdings unless the boys have a change of heart.

FlightCraft have been doing a great job on their recent holdings. But tearing down a century-old landmark is going a bit too far.
__________________
Someday may never be an actual day.
BroadHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:57 PM   #15
BrunoSR
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I thought Winni Martketplace land and building was owned by the Ames family? It is unusual that the family will sell and of their holdings unless the boys have a change of heart.

FlightCraft have been doing a great job on their recent holdings. But tearing down a century-old landmark is going a bit too far.
Where did you see they were tearing the building down? I haven't heard that.
BrunoSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:40 PM   #16
TiltonBB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gilford, NH and Florida
Posts: 1,934
Thanks: 332
Thanked 1,430 Times in 548 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I thought Winni Martketplace land and building was owned by the Ames family? It is unusual that the family will sell and of their holdings unless the boys have a change of heart.

FlightCraft have been doing a great job on their recent holdings. But tearing down a century-old landmark is going a bit too far.
It was owned by the Ames's since 1992. They sold it in October 2020 for $250,000.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:34 AM   #17
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 2,792
Thanks: 1,255
Thanked 797 Times in 491 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
It was owned by the Ames's since 1992. They sold it in October 2020 for $250,000.
Sounds like a bargain price.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:25 AM   #18
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,179
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 230
Thanked 680 Times in 500 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
Sounds like a bargain price.
The #1 best way to improve this Winnipesaukee Marketplace, 21 Weeks St, Laconia location is to remove the adjacent, single railroad track and wood ties and replace it with a 12' wide, PUBLIC walking/running/bicycle trail, paved with gray granite, small crushed stone that goes from Lakeport to Weirs Beach to Meredith.

It could be a significant game changer for the Weirs Beach, Lakeside Ave area.

Suggest you go take a good look at the building and the location over on Google Map/Earth.
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:41 AM   #19
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 2,792
Thanks: 1,255
Thanked 797 Times in 491 Posts
Default

Same @#$% over and over and over again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
The #1 best way to improve this Winnipesaukee Marketplace, 21 Weeks St, Laconia location is to remove the adjacent, single railroad track and wood ties and replace it with a 12' wide, PUBLIC walking/running/bicycle trail, paved with gray granite, small crushed stone that goes from Lakeport to Weirs Beach to Meredith.

It could be a significant game changer for the Weirs Beach, Lakeside Ave area.

Suggest you go take a good look at the building and the location over on Google Map/Earth.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post:
DEJ (01-14-2021), Janet (01-13-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 11:50 AM   #20
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,179
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 230
Thanked 680 Times in 500 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
Same @#$% over and over and over again!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
For a business to succeed, it needs customers, and replacing that ugly, mostly not used single railroad track with a 9-mile long, walking-running-bicycle trail would bring a lot more people and customers to and through the Weirs, Lakeside Ave business area. Replacing the railroad track with a 12-foot wide, gray fine gravel trail, would be a big business boost to both the Winnipesaukee Marketplace, the Winnipesaukee Pier and other nearby business venues including the Mount Washington cruise ship.

Visitors could pedal a bicycle from Meredith to Weirs Beach to Lakeport, and return, and take a 2 1/2-hour cruise on the Mount Washington along the way to take a scenic lake boat tour in the middle of their bicycle pedal trek. Or, they can take a break from bicycling and hit The Dive for an hour, or something.
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:29 PM   #21
garysanfran
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Francisco/Meredith
Posts: 1,038
Thanks: 350
Thanked 412 Times in 201 Posts
Default During bike week...

Without a bike, how do those folks with money in their pockets get from Meredith to The Weirs without the train? I've also seen people getting off the train at The Weirs and getting back on later for the trip back to where they came from.

The train is a bit of local scenic nostalgia that I love seeing go by when I'm in the boat exiting Weirs Channel into Paugus Bay. The train is on the right through a stretch with no houses and the entire train is visible...
Attached Images
  
__________________
Gary
~~~~_/) ~~~
~~~~~~~~
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garysanfran For This Useful Post:
erick26 (01-16-2021), fatlazyless (01-13-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 12:57 PM   #22
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,179
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 230
Thanked 680 Times in 500 Posts
Default

Well ...... the distance along the existing train track from Lakeport to Weirs Beach is about three miles, and from Weirs Beach to Meredith is about six miles. It runs alongside the lake shoreline for the most ways, is flat, level, and mostly straight with a few curves.

It is a single railroad track that has been in place since sometime like 1885.

99.5% or more of the time, it is totally empty of any railroad train, so it is almost totally unused.

The embankment shoreline land is owned by the State of New Hampshire and leased out to the Winnipesaukee Railroad, a warm weather, tourist railroad business that carries passengers out for a scenic railroad ride.

Without pedaling a bicycle, people can walk, wheel chair, ambulatory care walker, cross country ski or bypass the proposed new replacement trail and use a car to get from Meredith to Weirs Beach via Route 3.

This 12-foot wide, fine gray gravel trail could be built so it is two inches higher at the center line, a trail crest or high area, for best drainage of rainfall and snow melt.

Pedaling a bicycle and walking are the primary use on what would be a two-way, 12'-wide, gray fine small gravel trail with NO motorized vehicles allowed except for the dpw, police and fire.
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-13-2021 at 01:27 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:20 PM   #23
Top-Water
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 805
Thanks: 1,415
Thanked 710 Times in 429 Posts
Default

Same @#$% over and over and over again!
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Top-Water For This Useful Post:
Biggd (01-13-2021), BroadHopper (01-14-2021), DEJ (01-14-2021), ishoot308 (01-13-2021), Janet (01-14-2021), upthesaukee (01-14-2021)
Old 01-14-2021, 09:59 AM   #24
Blyblvrd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Londonderry & Moultonborough
Posts: 103
Thanks: 44
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
For a business to succeed, it needs customers, and replacing that ugly, mostly not used single railroad track with a 9-mile long, walking-running-bicycle trail would bring a lot more people and customers to and through the Weirs, Lakeside Ave business area. Replacing the railroad track with a 12-foot wide, gray fine gravel trail, would be a big business boost to both the Winnipesaukee Marketplace, the Winnipesaukee Pier and other nearby business venues including the Mount Washington cruise ship.

Visitors could pedal a bicycle from Meredith to Weirs Beach to Lakeport, and return, and take a 2 1/2-hour cruise on the Mount Washington along the way to take a scenic lake boat tour in the middle of their bicycle pedal trek. Or, they can take a break from bicycling and hit The Dive for an hour, or something.
The best way for this forum to succeed is to remove FLL from it.


Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Blyblvrd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blyblvrd For This Useful Post:
DEJ (01-14-2021)
Old 01-14-2021, 10:41 AM   #25
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 2,792
Thanks: 1,255
Thanked 797 Times in 491 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyblvrd View Post
The best way for this forum to succeed is to remove FLL from it.


Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
That's a little extreme, don't you think?
He's harmless, he just litters the forum with nonsense. You don't have to read it.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:01 PM   #26
Charlie T
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 262
Thanks: 175
Thanked 139 Times in 63 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyblvrd View Post
The best way for this forum to succeed is to remove FLL from it.


Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
It seems to me this forum is pretty damn sucessful, thanks to Don's unwavering efforts. FLL though mostly spewing nonsense is pretty harmless, his posts do offer a lighthearted view of things. As others have said, if you don't want to read his post's........ DON"T

Charlie T
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie T For This Useful Post:
mhtranger (01-15-2021)
Old 01-14-2021, 12:38 PM   #27
garysanfran
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Francisco/Meredith
Posts: 1,038
Thanks: 350
Thanked 412 Times in 201 Posts
Default

The trend today is to stamp out diversity of opinion. You have an opinion opposite mine? You must be wrong. You must be removed!

This site would be boring without diversity of opinion. And it is true, some division is destructive and some constructive. Chose wisely.

FLL is a neighbor of mine. DO I want him removed?

Nope!
__________________
Gary
~~~~_/) ~~~
~~~~~~~~
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to garysanfran For This Useful Post:
AC2717 (01-14-2021), Bernie Girl (01-15-2021), Biggd (01-14-2021), BoatHouse (01-14-2021), Charlie T (01-14-2021), christo1 (01-16-2021), CTYankee (01-14-2021), mhtranger (01-15-2021), rander7823 (01-14-2021), subaruliving (01-14-2021), Susie Cougar (01-14-2021), TheRoBoat (01-14-2021), TiltonBB (01-14-2021)
Old 01-14-2021, 08:03 PM   #28
Blyblvrd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Londonderry & Moultonborough
Posts: 103
Thanks: 44
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
The trend today is to stamp out diversity of opinion. You have an opinion opposite mine? You must be wrong. You must be removed!
Well that escalated pretty quickly! It was intended to be a sarcastic joke, my apologies if it offended anyone. I posted my comment not because I disagree with his opinion, I have no opinion on this topic, but because the same rhetoric over and over, personal statements that don’t ever really seem to add to the narrative of the forum topic, are getting old for me. It’s just my opinion. I’ll return to my usual practice of taking a break from this forum until my batteries are recharged and I can read what I love about Winni and scroll past FLL’s comments.


Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Blyblvrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:05 PM   #29
Blyblvrd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Londonderry & Moultonborough
Posts: 103
Thanks: 44
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie T View Post
It seems to me this forum is pretty damn sucessful, thanks to Don's unwavering efforts. FLL though mostly spewing nonsense is pretty harmless, his posts do offer a lighthearted view of things. As others have said, if you don't want to read his post's........ DON"T

Charlie T
Agree on all points.


Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Blyblvrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:10 PM   #30
Descant
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Merrimack and Welch Island
Posts: 2,536
Thanks: 744
Thanked 938 Times in 582 Posts
Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyblvrd View Post
Well that escalated pretty quickly! It was intended to be a sarcastic joke, my apologies if it offended anyone. I posted my comment not because I disagree with his opinion, I have no opinion on this topic, but because the same rhetoric over and over, personal statements that donít ever really seem to add to the narrative of the forum topic, are getting old for me. Itís just my opinion. Iíll return to my usual practice of taking a break from this forum until my batteries are recharged and I can read what I love about Winni and scroll past FLLís comments.


Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
1. If you don't like somebody's posts, you can block them. If it is an important post, the next reader will likely quote it ad you can read it there as something that has been vouched for by another reader as being worthy.
2. I too, have made what I thought were amusing or sarcastic remarks and resulted in the next several posters bringing the wrath of Khan down upon me. When you make such a post, include (LOL) at the end so the illiterates who take everything literally and seriously, will understand (LOL).
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:35 AM   #31
garysanfran
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Francisco/Meredith
Posts: 1,038
Thanks: 350
Thanked 412 Times in 201 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyblvrd View Post
Well that escalated pretty quickly! It was intended to be a sarcastic joke, my apologies if it offended anyone. I posted my comment not because I disagree with his opinion, I have no opinion on this topic, but because the same rhetoric over and over, personal statements that donít ever really seem to add to the narrative of the forum topic, are getting old for me. Itís just my opinion. Iíll return to my usual practice of taking a break from this forum until my batteries are recharged and I can read what I love about Winni and scroll past FLLís comments.


Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Do not leave...Your opinions are very welcome in the spirit of shared cohesion. Our country is very divided and we need a Statesman approach to this divisiveness.
__________________
Gary
~~~~_/) ~~~
~~~~~~~~
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:43 AM   #32
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,179
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 230
Thanked 680 Times in 500 Posts
Exclamation ...... this rr-track is a business killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
Sounds like a bargain price.
Someone here must have the 'puter skills to post some good photos here from Google Maps/Earth for that Winnipesaukee Marketplace at 21 Weeks St to show why it probably got sold for what seems like a low price at $250,000.

Looking at the layout for this location, it seems to have some very wackadoozie access issues with that single railroad track, the overhead pedestrian foot bridge, and visibility from Lakeside Ave. It adds up to a business impossible situation, here, there, at 21 Weeks St ....... that Winnipesaukee Marketplace location is just totally doomed by the railroad track being there.

Once upon a time, many many years ago, that single railroad track was probably the source for many customers to this 21 Weeks St building for wharever type of retail use, it had. With basically NO TRAINS on the railroad track, there are NO CUSTOMERS for that Winnipesaukee Marketplace building (period!) coming in or as not seen by a potential customer on Lakeside Ave.
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:14 AM   #33
BrunoSR
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Someone here must have the 'puter skills to post some good photos here from Google Maps/Earth for that Winnipesaukee Marketplace at 21 Weeks St to show why it probably got sold for what seems like a low price at $250,000.

Looking at the layout for this location, it seems to have some very wackadoozie access issues with that single railroad track, the overhead pedestrian foot bridge, and visibility from Lakeside Ave. It adds up to a business impossible situation, here, there, at 21 Weeks St ....... that Winnipesaukee Marketplace location is just totally doomed by the railroad track being there.

Once upon a time, many many years ago, that single railroad track was probably the source for many customers to this 21 Weeks St building for wharever type of retail use, it had. With basically NO TRAINS on the railroad track, there are NO CUSTOMERS for that Winnipesaukee Marketplace building (period!) coming in or as not seen by a potential customer on Lakeside Ave.
Any reason to take a shot at the railroad??

I know the folks at Flight Craft, they are smart and great folks. I am sure they know what they are doing and the RR won't hinder them at all.
BrunoSR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrunoSR For This Useful Post:
erick26 (01-16-2021)
Old 01-15-2021, 08:23 AM   #34
SAMIAM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moultonborough
Posts: 2,594
Thanks: 228
Thanked 1,322 Times in 455 Posts
Default

FLL is an interesting guy. He does make lots of eccentric and rambling posts but on the rare occasion that he is serious his posts are well researched and intelligent. Also, he never takes offense when someone makes fun of him and I don't ever recall an angry response directed at anyone.
Just my .02
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post:
Biggd (01-15-2021), Cobalt 25 (01-16-2021), KPW (Today), Susie Cougar (01-15-2021)
Old 01-15-2021, 08:37 AM   #35
upthesaukee
Senior Member
 
upthesaukee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Alton Bay
Posts: 5,195
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 1,942
Thanked 1,698 Times in 941 Posts
Default Quite true

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
FLL is an interesting guy. He does make lots of eccentric and rambling posts but on the rare occasion that he is serious his posts are well researched and intelligent. Also, he never takes offense when someone makes fun of him and I don't ever recall an angry response directed at anyone.
Just my .02
Quite true.

However, there are sometimes that wherever FLL writes his posts, there seems to be an echo, echo, echo, echo-o-o-o within the same thread.

Dave
__________________
I Live Here... I am always UPTHESAUKEE !!!!
upthesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:18 AM   #36
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,868
Thanks: 986
Thanked 1,230 Times in 730 Posts
Default

I find it takes less effort to scroll past what I don't want to read than to complain about it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
Biggd (01-15-2021), erick26 (01-16-2021)
Old 01-15-2021, 09:25 AM   #37
phoenix
Senior Member
 
phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: phoenix and moultonboro
Posts: 1,197
Thanks: 20
Thanked 156 Times in 115 Posts
Default

there are some other posters that have different posts but this should be open to all. With the exception of vitriolic posts. Keep them coming FLL and agree with Bob you have some good posts and some longer " different ones" . each of us should decide what we want to read. Don of course moderates the offensive ones. I have been on this forum a long time and it gives me insight and chuckles at times. Since I am only at the lake a few months a year this forum keeps me wanting to come back again
__________________
it's tough to make predictions specially about the future
phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:03 PM   #38
Denis D
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 44
Thanks: 3
Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
FLL is an interesting guy. He does make lots of eccentric and rambling posts but on the rare occasion that he is serious his posts are well researched and intelligent. Also, he never takes offense when someone makes fun of him and I don't ever recall an angry response directed at anyone.
Just my .02
I've often thought that FLL has everyone fooled and is probably a brilliant Ivy league college professor who took some acting classes and uses the forum to practice his skills

That said, I enjoy reading most of his posts.
__________________
Denis in NJ
Denis D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:17 PM   #39
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,179
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 230
Thanked 680 Times in 500 Posts
Default

Thanks for all your forum support ...... is totally great to be here in central New Hampshire and the Winnipesaukee Forum is more fun than a six-pak of Guinness dark in those lovely 16-oz bottles ..... here-here!

So what's the lastest with someone going to Google Maps/Earth and posting some excellent quality photos showing the wackadoozie location and the wackadoozie access and the wackadoozie design for this Winnipesaukee Marketplace building at 21 Weeks St that recently got sold to Flightcraft for $250,000?

....... helloooooo garysanfran ........ you did a super excellent job with those big, up close railroad photos!
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 05:56 PM   #40
WinnisquamZ
Senior Member
 
WinnisquamZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 797
Thanks: 113
Thanked 280 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Went by today. Itís painted navy blue. I thought it was white?


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 11:49 AM   #41
LoveLakeLife
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 117
Thanks: 36
Thanked 52 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Wow navy blue? If you go by again would you snap a picture for us?


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
LoveLakeLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 02:17 PM   #42
Descant
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Merrimack and Welch Island
Posts: 2,536
Thanks: 744
Thanked 938 Times in 582 Posts
Default It's a trend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
Went by today. Itís painted navy blue. I thought it was white?
Maybe this will be a trend and the Veteran's Homes will go back to showing their regimental colors instead of the Army surplus gray they started in the 50's?
Maybe there's more to come? Red, white and blue for the marketplace would be fun.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 08:36 PM   #43
Joby
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13
Thanks: 14
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Agreed

I agree. Red white and blue would be beautiful.
Joby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.64042 seconds