Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-11-2008, 08:08 AM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default Mise En Place

If you haven't been to Mise En Place in Wolfboro, your missing out on the finest dining in the Lakes Region.

My wife and I went last night for the first time and were super impressed with the quality of food and service. This is a small place (12 tables) and reservations are definitely required. Each plate is prepared to order and served perfectly. The wine list is small but offers a nice selection.

This is not a place to go with young children, nor is it a place where you can expect heaping mounds of fried food, this is true fine dining in a cozy quiet atmosphere where attention to service and quality and preparation of food are of the utmost importance.

Give it a try if you have a chance, I think you will be impressed!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #2
offmycloud

Thumbs up

That place is a diamond in the rough. City-level dining on a side street in Wolfeborough. And not that expensive if you are used to paying up in metro areas. Anything on the menu is good and the wine card is pretty good, too. I always breathe a sigh of relief when I go there as I know it will be good and I won't be disappointed - never hit or miss like so many other places.
offmycloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:23 AM   #3
Steveo

Where exactly is it in Wolfeboro
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #4
ghfromaltonbay

Default Restaurant location

It's on Lehner Street -- take 109 to Brewster field, turn onto Center St. (Rt. 28). Just before the bottom of the hill and the stores where DeVylders was, hang a left onto Lehner. It's on your right a few hundred feet in from the corner. Used to be Papa John's many moons ago.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #5
Lake Fan

The wife and I ate there Saturday night. The food was very good, if pricey. We each had dinner, two glasses of the less expensive wines, and split a dessert. The bill was over $120. A table of very loud diners kind of ruined the atmosphere of a hoped for quiet dinner in nice place. It was like trying to eat in a bar. Perhaps we'll try again during a quieter time of year.
Lake Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2008, 03:53 PM   #6
WakeUp

Default "Diamond In The Rough..."

offmycloud...never thought of Wolfeboro as being "in the rough?!?!?!"
WakeUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:03 PM   #7
karinlovering

Default Great Dinner

Had an awesome dinner, probably the best I have had out in years in the area! Canoe is my fav but this is next on the list! Little Pricey but sooooo worth it especially if you know it is going to be mouth watering! I Plan to at least make it there a couple times a year!
karinlovering is offline   Reply With Quote