Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #1
dpg

Default Patriot Place

Have any of you outdoors people checked out Bass Pro Shops at Patriot Place yet? Awesome store and great things there for everything outdoors. Even some nice looking boats there.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
Gatto Nero

I was there a few months ago. Very cool place! I could spend all day there.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #3
GTO

Default ok....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto Nero View Post
I was there a few months ago. Very cool place! I could spend all day there.

Where is Patriot Place?
Old 01-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #4
AC2717

Default Yup

I live about 10 minutes away from that whole complex, it is great!
Makes you wonder why they do not have a Bass Pro or a Boater's World or West Marine in the Gilford area near the Lowe's just does not make sense that we do not have a large chain store like that in the area, not like there are multiple mom and pop stores that sell that stuff
Old 01-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #5
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts
Default http://www.patriot-place.com

Free! BOAT SHOW started today and runs through the 18th

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2009, 07:44 AM   #6
Dave R

I have not been to that one, but I have been to a couple of others while on business trips. They are impressive. Another similar store is Cabelas. They have one in Fort Worth Texas that is just amazing. I think people would pay to see the aquarium display, it's really good, and free. I'm not into guns, but the high end gun room is something to see, just for the craftsmanship on the weapons. Does the BPS in Foxboro have aquariums and expensive guns too?
Old 01-10-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
Gatto Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Where is Patriot Place?
It's part of the new Gillette Stadium complex down in Foxboro.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #8
topwater

I was down there 2 weeks ago and Yes they do have the high end weapons as you so call them. I have to say they have quite a selection of THINGS for you to purchase, but the one thing I found after talking with 2 or 3 sales people, is that the sales force is not very educated on the products they have.
The one example that sticks with me was at the fishing reel dept, and the salesman kept telling me he was a ex-policeman, maybe he thought I was supposed to believe him because of that, WRONG !!! He could not answer my questions with anything other then I don't fish with those reels I'm a Diawa man. If you go there with knowledge with what your looking for, you will soon find out the same. If your easily baffled with bull$#%& then you won't know the difference, however that was the LAST TIME, I will waste my time going there, I will still buy through thier catalog, But for Freshwater fishing, they most knowledge place is still Northern Bass Supply in Kingston.
And NO i have no affilation with them, they just have people who know and good prices.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:03 PM   #9
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts
Default Link to Patriot Place

http://www.patriot-place.com/
Old 01-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #10
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
Does the BPS in Foxboro have aquariums and expensive guns too?
Yes and yes... They have some fish nothing as impressive as you explain at Cabelas I'm sure. They have some very pricey guns, archery and fishing equipment. I looked at some rifle scopes that were $600.00+. I don't know the specifics but they did also have some fancy and/or old rifles on display but not for sale. If your into the outdoors that store alone is worth the drive. I was looking at a 22 pistol that was up around $800.00 if I recall correctly. They cannot be compared to any "mom and pop" store. BPS is one store well worth throwing business their way for many items they carry. Considering their quality in the pricey items their well worth the money.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #11
Lin

We've shopped Bass Pro at Patriot Place since the first week they opened. Do all our Christmas shopping and Birthday shopping there. In fact our son who is there buying ice fishing equip, hunting and clothing gear practically lives at the store.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #12
Orion

Default Very nice place

Spent four hours there the first time we went shortly after they opened. Very classy store. Decorations of classic and antique outdoor gear make it somewhat of a museum as well as a good store. The downside is now that they have a MA store, those in MA can't mail order items without getting TAXED any longer.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #13
Sunbeam lodge

Default Bps

They have a fantastic store in Fort Meyers Florida.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:37 AM   #14
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbeam lodge View Post
They have a fantastic store in Fort Meyers Florida.

Sounds like a good ROADTRIP!!
Old 01-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #15
The Big Kahuna

Default Looks Great

It looks like a great place to spend the day shopping at all the stores and then taking in the Patriots/CBS stuff. I was wondering if anyone has heard what is happening with the Cabelas that was going to be built in Hooksett, the exit right before the tolls?
Old 01-14-2009, 09:29 AM   #16
SIKSUKR

I heard that is dead right now.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:43 PM   #17
chipj29

SS is right, cabelas bailed. Town of Hooksett had too many demands. The crappy economy didn't help much either.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #18
jkjoshuatree

Default My Friend Is The Manager Of The Fishing Dept.

And no, he's not the ex-cop the previous poster talked about.

It is a pretty cool store. The fish tank/aquarium is really cool! But all the stuffed (and I mean literally) animals around the store kind of creep me out.

But hey, I'm a city kid. Hunting is disgusting to me (unless you're going to use almost everything the carcass has to offer to survive).

Let the bashing begin, but this is how I look at hunting; you have a semi intelligent person with a high powered weapon against a defenseless animal that has no idea as he/she is walking through the forest that he/she may be shot just for the sake of said human's interest in the "sport" of hunting.

Yeah, that takes a lot of skill and courage.

If you need to hunt to survive because it will bring your family food/clothing/etc. then by all means, go nuts. Otherwise, if you can't hunt the real way (in a loin cloth with nothing but a sharpened stick against the animal) then leave the animals alone...they were here long before us and they'll be here long after we're gone.

As I said, let the bashing begin. This is something I've felt strongly about my entire life and I'm finally letting the world know how I feel.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:17 AM   #19
hilltopper

Default No bashing will do any good.....

I learned a long time ago that people with your opinions will never listen to the pro-hunting arguments (population control for overall health of the herd, food-for-the-hungry programs, etc.). I'll just shake my head and hope that you never get into politics...
Old 01-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #20
jkjoshuatree

Default I'll Listen

I'll absolutely listen. And your point is well taken. Population control is a very good reason for hunting. I just didn't mention it in my thread.

As for hoping that I'll never get into politics, well, that's a pretty ignorant thing to say based on my one opinion on one subject.

You don't know me from a hole in the wall. I have all the right in the world to express my feelings on hunting, as well as you do. That's what makes this country so great.

We just have different opinions about hunting. Let's leave it at that.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:26 PM   #21
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Yes and yes... They have some fish nothing as impressive as you explain at Cabelas I'm sure. They have some very pricey guns, archery and fishing equipment. I looked at some rifle scopes that were $600.00+. I don't know the specifics but they did also have some fancy and/or old rifles on display but not for sale. If your into the outdoors that store alone is worth the drive. I was looking at a 22 pistol that was up around $800.00 if I recall correctly. They cannot be compared to any "mom and pop" store. BPS is one store well worth throwing business their way for many items they carry. Considering their quality in the pricey items their well worth the money.
The high end guns in the Cabelas store I visited in TX were many thousands of dollars. I saw a matched pair of used shotguns for $50,000 there.
Closed Thread