Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winter Sports
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-25-2004, 09:51 PM   #1
Just Wonderin

Default Moultonboro Snowmobile Trails

I apologize for asking this question before even the first flake has fallen, but can anyone tell me if there any snowmobile trails close to the Suissevale area in Moultonboro?

Thanks!
Just Wonderin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 07:53 AM   #2
Lakegeezer

Default Great trails near Suissevale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Wonderin
I apologize for asking this question before even the first flake has fallen, but can anyone tell me if there any snowmobile trails close to the Suissevale area in Moultonboro?

Thanks!
You are in luck! Suissevale is mear a major trail route. You can easily get to the Ossipee trails without having to cross open water. There is a trail that dumps out right into one of the Suissevale roads, and winds through the woods until it hits a main spur off of state snowmobile route 15. I frequently bring my sled up the dredged cove of Suissevale to get to the Castle trails or up to Dad's for fuel. Those in the Moultonboro club are keeping a concerned eye on what the new owners of the Ossipee land will do to the trails that are in the Ossipees. The trails will be open again this year, but the Conservation Trust has been very careful not to commit to long term permission. Just a reminder to use respect while riding their trails, and consider a four stroke or high-tech two stroke machine when you buy your next sled. The future of the sport in the lakes region (and elsewhere) depend on it.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:00 AM   #3
Just Wonderin

Default Moultonboro Snowmobile Trails

Lake Geezer, thanks for all of the great info!
Just Wonderin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 06:29 AM   #4
dpg

My family also has a place in Suissevale. I've also heard "rumblings" that trails are closing in and around the castle property. I am not one to confirm either way however.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote