Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winter Sports
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-25-2004, 12:41 PM   #1
HEFF

Default Snow Shoeing

I have 6 relatives heading up to Laconia this weekend who would love to go snow shoeing?? How's the snow, if any at all?? I know Gunstock has snow shoeing, but I know they'd prefer to rent them, then go off on their own - any suggestions???
Old 02-26-2004, 11:07 AM   #2
mcdude

Default Re: Snow Shoeing

here's an idea.....

click here for snowshoeing
Old 02-26-2004, 07:37 PM   #3
Upthesaukee

McDude, thanks for the plug for the snowshoe hike at Knight's Pond, but I was talking with the park & rec director today, and the hike is cancelled due to a lack of good snow cover for snowshoeing. The rain last weekend put a crusty cover on an already thin amount of snow.
For Heff's relatives, if Gunstock doesn't rent to those who want to go off on their own, they may try the Nordic Skier in Wolfeboro PH 569-3151. Their website is below.

http://wolfeboroxc.com
Old 02-27-2004, 03:47 PM   #4
556 ZP

Plenty of good snow shoeing in the woods of the Whites if you want to drive an hour. I've been up there every weekend since the beginning of December & there is plenty of snow. After last weekends snow, there is at least 3 feet of snow in the woods.