Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-30-2014, 03:25 PM   #1
steven vaccaro

Default Ice out damage. Who to check with for an estimate?

We all know the big names around the lake for dock repairs. But with all the damage around the lake, those guys will be flooded with work for some time. So, what about the smaller one man show type repair guys. Does anyone have recommendations?
steven vaccaro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steven vaccaro For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2014, 04:27 PM   #2
NHWakesurfer

Steven sorry to hear about the dock. Mine got wrecked as well. I have had good luck with Ctr Harbor Dock and Pier, Ambrose Marine and Watermark in the past. If you need a barge it could be a while I know the ones I've talked to are all very busy this spring. If you just need woodworking, framing etc.. I would think you might be in better shape as its usually the barge work that holds things up the longest. The barge company also had to get a permit for me to fix the broken dock so that adds 10 to 20 days. I'm hoping to be back in working order by the middle of June so we'll see.

Good luck with the fix
NHWakesurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NHWakesurfer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 07:53 AM   #3
steven vaccaro

Thanks for the info.

I can probably use a barge, because half the dock is intact and can probably be reused, but I think the barge cost will outweigh the replacement of cost of rebuilding the section.
steven vaccaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #4
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Need Someone to come out

A buddy of mine had his boathouse flattened on one of the islands. Seems like a lot of damage as everyone is busy! If someone can help out or if you know someone that can at least repair the damage so that he may dock for the time being and rebuild later, it will be much appreciated. He does have a valid maintenance permit.