Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2020, 01:45 PM   #1
Hermit Cover

Default Carpet installer...

Looking for a competent carpet installer to install several rooms of carpeting ..... will include moving furniture in bedroom.
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:03 PM   #2
Long Island Baba

Default Carpeting

I have gone with Home Beautiful in Belmont. Jen Ryan is great!

She has helped a few friends also.

They have a good selection. And yes, will move furniture and tear up and haul away old flooring.

Good luck!
Long Island Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:13 PM   #3
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,000 Times in 914 Posts

We also had good experiences with Home Beautiful on carpet installation. Fair price and very good work. In our case it was just install new carpet in bedrooms, we had moved furniture and ripped out the old. Good to know that they will do it all if you want.
Slickcraft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:39 PM   #4
Winilyme

Carter Mountain Flooring & Design in Meredith did a good job for us...even catching a measurement error we made that would have been a big problem. I found them to be responsive with fair pricing. They've installed a wood floor, carpeting and a large rug in our place (for two owners - us and former).
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:54 PM   #5
ishoot308

Thanked 4,936 Times in 1,912 Posts
Default Home Beautiful

Here’s another for Home Beautiful! Just did a major project at my home with them. Everything went smooth and looks great. Contact Angela...

Dan
Old 01-16-2020, 07:56 AM   #6
Hillcountry

What ever you do, stay away from Empire Today (the TV commercial)
Although we ended up with a good installation, it took them 4 tries over 3 weeks to do 3 small rooms with two different styles of carpet.
That, and the installers they send (who were great workers) spoke little English.
Big company with big company problems...

Last edited by Hillcountry; 01-16-2020 at 09:46 AM.
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hillcountry For This Useful Post:
Sue Doe-Nym (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 08:28 AM   #7
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

I also recommend Home Beautiful. Awesome selection with great service installation and pricing. I’ve used them several times.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:17 AM   #8
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Competitive pricing and quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I also recommend Home Beautiful. Awesome selection with great service installation and pricing. I’ve used them several times.

How does Home Beautiful stack up against Lowe’s and Home Depot? Are they at all competitive, or am I asking a dumb question?
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:41 PM   #9
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
How does Home Beautiful stack up against Lowe’s and Home Depot? Are they at all competitive, or am I asking a dumb question?
I used Home depot but I was only dealing with one room. The price was right and the installation was timely. As far as non English speaking installers, there is usually at least one person that's in charge and speaks English.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:43 PM   #10
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
No not a dumb question. I pricing is competitive with more selection and I think better installation and accountability. Like to give business to the locals
joey2665 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:55 PM   #11
ishoot308

Thanked 4,936 Times in 1,912 Posts

Quote:
No not a dumb question. I pricing is competitive with more selection and I think better installation and accountability. Like to give business to the locals
Agree 100%

Dan
Old 01-16-2020, 01:14 PM   #12
djwade4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit Cover View Post
Looking for a competent carpet installer to install several rooms of carpeting ..... will include moving furniture in bedroom.
Everson flooring. Local man great pricing.

djwade4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 02:22 PM   #13
TCC

We used Everson last year for a couple of bedrooms and were decidedly NOT impressed.

YMMV
TCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 03:20 PM   #14
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:

Home Beautiful just got a lot of free press. They did a small job for us, and were fine, but now we need to do the entire first floor, so thought we might do better at a Lowe’s.....maybe not. Installation is critical....want a smooth one where seams aren’t screaming out at you.
Thank you all for your comments...greatly appreciated!
Sue
Old 01-16-2020, 03:21 PM   #15
Taz

Default Home beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Island Baba View Post
I have gone with Home Beautiful in Belmont. Jen Ryan is great!

She has helped a few friends also.

They have a good selection. And yes, will move furniture and tear up and haul away old flooring.

Good luck!
Another vote for Home Beautiful on route 3 Belmont. Replaced wall to wall 2 years ago, great products, great install, they move furniture. The memory foam pad is awesome!
Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 04:41 PM   #16
DesertDweller

I had carpeting installed by Home Depot for a bonus room upstairs in my house and Home Beautiful for my basement. I got quotes from both Home Depot and Home Beautiful when I did the basement and they were pretty close with one another. My experience with Home Beautiful was not very good. They had an issue with an installer on one of their jobs so they took one of my installers and sent him there. Normally, I would not have a problem with that but I was only up for a couple of days and couldn't wait. I explained that to them and they really didn't seem to care. I guess the other job was bigger than mine. I had to have my parents come up and house sit so that the carpeting could get installed. Quite frankly, the installation job by the guys that Home Depot contracted with was better than the Home Beautiful installation job (specifically the seams). The installer from the Home Depot gave me a survey when they were done and made sure I had no issues. He indicated that they won't use contractors who have had bad reviews. Just my experience and definitely not what I expected.
DesertDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DesertDweller For This Useful Post:
ApS (02-01-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 05:24 PM   #17
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Thanks a million

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
I had carpeting installed by Home Depot for a bonus room upstairs in my house and Home Beautiful for my basement. I got quotes from both Home Depot and Home Beautiful when I did the basement and they were pretty close with one another. My experience with Home Beautiful was not very good. They had an issue with an installer on one of their jobs so they took one of my installers and sent him there. Normally, I would not have a problem with that but I was only up for a couple of days and couldn't wait. I explained that to them and they really didn't seem to care. I guess the other job was bigger than mine. I had to have my parents come up and house sit so that the carpeting could get installed. Quite frankly, the installation job by the guys that Home Depot contracted with was better than the Home Beautiful installation job (specifically the seams). The installer from the Home Depot gave me a survey when they were done and made sure I had no issues. He indicated that they won't use contractors who have had bad reviews. Just my experience and definitely not what I expected.
Now that is a most helpful review, and is greatly appreciated. I think we’ll check out HD, Lowe’s and Home Beautiful when we head back. Actually, we can shop the big store flooring here in Florida. 👍
Old 01-20-2020, 10:09 PM   #18
Hermit Cover

Default Carpet installer...?

I am afriad I was unclear in my request....I am not looking for a place to purchase carpet....I have the carpet and pad materials....I am looking for recommendations for an installer.....to install my carpet. Thanks
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:59 PM   #19
Doobs41378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit Cover View Post
I am afriad I was unclear in my request....I am not looking for a place to purchase carpet....I have the carpet and pad materials....I am looking for recommendations for an installer.....to install my carpet. Thanks
There is a website and app called Thumbtack that have guys who will just install your carpet. They have reviews and all that fun stuff as well. May want to look at them. I have no connection to them and have only browsed the site but seemed like it would do the trick.

https://www.thumbtack.com/
Doobs41378 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Doobs41378 For This Useful Post:
Biggd (01-21-2020)
Old 01-31-2020, 09:47 PM   #20
Sue Doe-Nym

Angry Seriously need carpet now

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
I had carpeting installed by Home Depot for a bonus room upstairs in my house and Home Beautiful for my basement. I got quotes from both Home Depot and Home Beautiful when I did the basement and they were pretty close with one another. My experience with Home Beautiful was not very good. They had an issue with an installer on one of their jobs so they took one of my installers and sent him there. Normally, I would not have a problem with that but I was only up for a couple of days and couldn't wait. I explained that to them and they really didn't seem to care. I guess the other job was bigger than mine. I had to have my parents come up and house sit so that the carpeting could get installed. Quite frankly, the installation job by the guys that Home Depot contracted with was better than the Home Beautiful installation job (specifically the seams). The installer from the Home Depot gave me a survey when they were done and made sure I had no issues. He
indicated that they won't use contractors who have had bad reviews. Just my experience and definitely not what I expected.
Now we seriously need to get on the project of carpeting, and price is important because insurance company is not overwhelmingly generous.....so I am assuming that you used Home Depot in Tilton. Is there someone you recommend we contact there? It’s a fairly big job, and we are especially fussy about installation. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 02-01-2020, 11:46 AM   #21
DesertDweller

Quote:
Now we seriously need to get on the project of carpeting, and price is important because insurance company is not overwhelmingly generous.....so I am assuming that you used Home Depot in Tilton. Is there someone you recommend we contact there? It’s a fairly big job, and we are especially fussy about installation. Thanks for any suggestions.
Yes it was Home Depot out of Tilton. I can't remember a specific sales person's name but they have a pretty large set up over there. As I recall, the installer they contracted with was ADF Flooring.
DesertDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DesertDweller For This Useful Post:
Sue Doe-Nym (02-01-2020)
Old 02-02-2020, 04:19 PM   #22
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Another flooring challenge

I was going to start a new thread because this isn’t a carpeting problem, but it’s close enough. Have any of you had a positive or negative experience with porcelain flooring? We are needing to replace bathroom, kitchen, and hallway flooring, and we had done so with a vinyl floating floor, which we do not like. We are on a slab, and realize that the whole thing needs to be level. Pros and cons? Where’s the best place to purchase it in the lakes region (Mboro)? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-02-2020, 08:27 PM   #23
camp guy

Default Carpet installer

I have found over the years that when it comes to flooring (wood, vinyl, tile, carpet, etc) it is probably wise to involve the installer in the purchase. Some installers say No, get it and they will install it, but others, if there is any problem with the installation they will find a way to say it isn't their fault, it is the product. Just my thoughts.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to camp guy For This Useful Post:
Sue Doe-Nym (02-02-2020), Top-Water (02-02-2020)
Old 02-03-2020, 12:30 AM   #24
SteveO123

We have an install from Home Depot this week. The fellow who followed up on the measurement mentioned that they use American Carpet South. In fact he told me that they do “most” of the installs in the Northeast.

ACS is at 800-290-1752 or email ACS at customercare@acsouth.com

Good luck!
Steve
SteveO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 07:54 AM   #25
TCC

Quote:
Have any of you had a positive or negative experience with porcelain flooring? We are needing to replace bathroom, kitchen, and hallway flooring, and we had done so with a vinyl floating floor, which we do not like. We are on a slab, and realize that the whole thing needs to be level. Pros and cons? Where’s the best place to purchase it in the lakes region (Mboro)? Thanks in advance.
We had an entryway, hallway, bathroom, and study done with porcelain and are very happy with it. Tile has a hard surface that will stand up to having office chairs rolling over it on a daily basis where other types of flooring will not.

On the down side, tiles can break if something heavy is dropped on them. Be sure to order an extra box of tiles from the same color lot to have on hand to replace a broken tile if this should happen. Also, make sure you have an excellent installer. Ours was done by Tinker's in Wolfeboro. They were terrific, but sadly are no longer in business.

Depending on your situation, the surface of the tile could sit a little bit higher than the existing flooring in rooms that abut it. This could leave you with a really annoying raise ridge between rooms. BE SURE you clearly understand exactly how your installer will handle these transitions and watch to be sure that part is done correctly.
TCC is offline   Reply With Quote