Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2020, 12:43 PM   #1
Smyleoff10

Default Gunstock Acres Neighborhood

Greetings Everyone! I first want to say what an incredible resource of information there is here and thanks so much for sharing your knowledge and experience.

I have been coming to the Lakes region since I was a kid and have loved it. Now that I am ‘older’, I have been looking for the last few years for a small place/land with a view of Lake Winnipesaukee.

I settled on watching out for properties in Gunstock Acres and was interested in purchasing a piece of land near Cumberland Rd and was wondering please if anyone has any information/insight on how is the neighborhood in this area. Any crime or issues especially with many people only occupying the homes in Summer?

How is the drinking water? I understand they have their own water district and was told there is $100 a year fee for water. My understanding is the property also comes with beach rights for $75 a year. Are there any discounts or perks for the Gunstock ski resort? Are there any covenants/rules?

Any other pros/cons about living in Gunstock Acres?

Apologies for all the questions as I want to purchase something that I will enjoy now and way into my retirement.

Thanks so very much for your time and help.
Have a nice day.
Smyleoff10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 02:30 PM   #2
camp guy

Default Gunstock Acres Neighborhood

These seem like typical questions to ask a realtor, from whom you may get rather "vanilla" answers, so, sometimes a visit to a local coffee shop can produce information. Good luck.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:41 PM   #3
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Welcome

Welcome to the Forum.
Not much crime around here, but the PD will tell you how many calls they get to a neighborhood. As a Gilford resident, you can use Gilford Beach and Glendale docks/launch ramp. $75 is cheap for a private beach. I pay $75-$100 a quarter for water that is metered. Belknap county taxpayers get a break on Gunstock season tickets. Cheaper if you buy early.

There are several threads here about boating, fishing, restaurants etc. that will
answer questions you never even dreamed of.
Most folks that go away for extended (winter) travel have somebody take care of their place. A standby (not portable) generator is a great comfort as it will keep things running if there is a power outage when you're away.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 07:47 AM   #4
pjard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyleoff10 View Post
Greetings Everyone! I first want to say what an incredible resource of information there is here and thanks so much for sharing your knowledge and experience.

I have been coming to the Lakes region since I was a kid and have loved it. Now that I am ‘older’, I have been looking for the last few years for a small place/land with a view of Lake Winnipesaukee.

I settled on watching out for properties in Gunstock Acres and was interested in purchasing a piece of land near Cumberland Rd and was wondering please if anyone has any information/insight on how is the neighborhood in this area. Any crime or issues especially with many people only occupying the homes in Summer?

How is the drinking water? I understand they have their own water district and was told there is $100 a year fee for water. My understanding is the property also comes with beach rights for $75 a year. Are there any discounts or perks for the Gunstock ski resort? Are there any covenants/rules?

Apologies for all the questions as I want to purchase something that I will enjoy now and way into my retirement.

Have a nice day.
I live very close to Cumberland Road. Very little crime but every now and then you hear or read about something. The water is VERY GOOD in the acres. It's $400 per year in association dues but that includes your water. I love it up here. The only thing not very reliable is mail service. If the weather is the slightest bit nasty we don't get mail that day.
pjard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:40 PM   #5
Smyleoff10

Default Thank you

Thank you Everyone for your comments and help. I really appreciate your time. I will be traveling up this weekend to check out some land so will definitely stop and have some coffee.
I think one of the lots is very steep and was told that building will be very expensive so I will also do more research on the forum for info on excavators and contractors in the area.
Thank you again.
Smyleoff10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2020, 05:28 AM   #6
AMekler

left you a pm
Alan
AMekler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:31 AM   #7
kauriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyleoff10 View Post

Have a nice day.
I was interested in buying in Gunstock Acres for the beach and amenities but we couldn't find anything that worked for us. We ultimately bought a house just outside the acres with a much flatter yard than anything we saw in the acres. The downside is that we can only access the town beach but the upside is that we don't have to drive through the hills in the acres in winter so it worked out. If you will be living year round or visiting in winter the roads in the Acres were reported to be treacherous a few times this winter.
kauriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:29 AM   #8
AMekler

Yes AWD and studded snow tires make it a non issue
Alan
AMekler is offline   Reply With Quote