Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Lost & Found
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2016, 04:47 PM   #1
New laker

Default Lost kayak

Teal/green kayak with red rag tied onto one end drifted off shore-two paddles inside. Lost on Wednesday, August 11. Opposite Sleeper and Rattlesnake islands - please post if found. Reward offered.
New laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:30 PM   #2
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Just remember to contact the Marine Patrol. Also, if you are on Facebook, post it on the group I boat on Lake Winnipesaukee. Good luck.

I live here... I am always Upthesaukee.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:07 PM   #3
DesertDweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
Just remember to contact the Marine Patrol. Also, if you are on Facebook, post it on the group I boat on Lake Winnipesaukee. Good luck.

I live here... I am always Upthesaukee.
I second the Marine Patrol phone call. Our neighbor had a swim raft break loose and they had it.
DesertDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:40 AM   #4
WelcomeToBearadise

Default Missing kayak!

We just opened up our camp on east bear island last weekend, and noticed this morning (camera view) that our orange kayak is missing from our dock. We heard that there were really strong wind gusts late yesterday so we are hoping that it is just floating nearby somewhere. We have already notified marine patrol and meredith police so if found they know there is no missing person as well.
WelcomeToBearadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:57 AM   #5
ishoot308

Thanked 4,923 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomeToBearadise View Post
We just opened up our camp on east bear island last weekend, and noticed this morning (camera view) that our orange kayak is missing from our dock. We heard that there were really strong wind gusts late yesterday so we are hoping that it is just floating nearby somewhere. We have already notified marine patrol and meredith police so if found they know there is no missing person as well.
I can confirm the winds were just crazy yesterday on the lake! More than likely that is when your kayak got blown for a ride...

Hope it turns up!

Dan
WelcomeToBearadise (05-04-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2017, 03:31 PM   #6
Barney Bear

Default Gone With The Wind

At our location on East Bear Island, the wind picks up in just few minutes (as it does at many locations around the lake). We secure our canoe and any other craft left on the dock with a line to an adjacent post. Heavy chairs have been blown off the dock. We remind guests to secure or remove towels, etc. from the dock when they leave it. 🐻
Barney Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:22 PM   #7
rick35

After reading posts about lost kayaks I went to Petco and had dog tags made with my contact info. I then riveted them to the seat brackets so that if they blow away I hope that the finder would give me a call. But I'm also pretty diligent about making sure the kayaks are secured when I leave them on the dock. My Suspenz brackets have tie down straps that work very well.
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:11 PM   #8
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

When I was at Marine Patrol renewing our boat registration, I noticed some free stickers on the counter. They were designed to be placed on a canoe or kayak with places to print your contact info. Looked like a good idea.

Hope the missing boats are found.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:00 PM   #9
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post
... designed to be placed on a canoe or kayak with places to print your contact info. Looked like a good idea.

OMG! .....could be a prelude to a ten dollar, annual kayak sticker fee with a different colored sticker every year?

To register a 14' Sunfish sailboat, it costs $39/yr at MP-HQ, or $44/yr at your town hall, so paying ten dollars for a kayak sticker seems like a steal of a deal for what you get if you park and go kayaking from the Cattle Landing town dock, way down Meredith Neck ..... a ten dollar, super steal of a deal ....that is totally free of user fee at this time.

...oopsie-doo ....getting off track from the lost kayak .... but one has to wonder how much revenue could be raised with a ten dollar annual sticker for kayaks, canoes, row boats, pedal boats, and s.u.p paddleboards, all self-propelled, non-motorized....and how the money could go into launch ramps and water access? How necessary is good access to the lake, river and ocean bay?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 05-06-2017 at 07:54 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:47 AM   #10
WelcomeToBearadise

Default One more try

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomeToBearadise View Post
I'd like to add one more piece of information.....if you've found our orange kayak please lift the cover of the deck hatch to find our address! Unfortunately I'm beginning to think it didn't just blow away.
WelcomeToBearadise is offline   Reply With Quote