Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2019, 08:25 PM   #1
ericnh

Default Osteria Poggio is open!

One of my favorite places just opened again, in Center Harbor. Great Italian food, great ambience.
https://www.osteriapoggio.com/
ericnh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ericnh For This Useful Post:
Descant (05-01-2019)
Old 05-02-2019, 10:56 AM   #2
Andromeda321

Great! Haven't been there since Lavinia's, but planning to make it this summer. In particular I'm hoping to make a reservation one night for my boyfriend and I in the cupola because I always thought that would be super fun.
Andromeda321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 11:51 AM   #3
chaseisland

Default cupola

Didn't tell the wife where we were going for dinner on our 19th anniversary. The route to the copula took us through the bar, an attic and finally to the copula. Got some dirty looks from the wife during the climbing of the stairs, but all was forgiven once we settled in for the meal. Our second most memorable anniversary. Well worth it. Just don't forget to generously tip the waitress. To put this in perspective, this year we'll celebrate our 36th.
chaseisland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chaseisland For This Useful Post:
Andromeda321 (05-03-2019)
Old 05-04-2019, 02:16 PM   #4
FlyingScot

Had a magnificent dinner with 5 friends at Osteria Poggio last week. Great food, great service, great ambience. We'll be back!
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:42 PM   #5
bruinsfan

The food is very good… But my biggest hurdle that irks me is the constant cigarette smoking of the employees and cooks out side of the kitchen door.

The kitchen door is on the same side of the building as the main entrance......every patron has to walk past the kitchen door from the parking lot to get to the main entrance. All you see are employees constantly smoking as if they are on a smoking schedule,, and it is just an unsettling feeling. My waitress reeked of smoke and it ruined my night.

Just my 2˘
bruinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bruinsfan For This Useful Post:
MBNeckguy (05-11-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2019, 08:13 PM   #6
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan View Post
The food is very good… But my biggest hurdle that irks me is the constant cigarette smoking of the employees and cooks out side of the kitchen door.

The kitchen door is on the same side of the building as the main entrance......every patron has to walk past the kitchen door from the parking lot to get to the main entrance. All you see are employees constantly smoking as if they are on a smoking schedule,, and it is just an unsettling feeling. My waitress reeked of smoke and it ruined my night.

Just my 2˘
Don't let something like this ruin your night. Simply refuse to patronize the business and let management know why.

I fully agree with the no smoking thing; it's aggravating to be around people who smoke and smell like a chimney.
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:52 PM   #7
Newbiesaukee

We had a delicious meal last evening. The new menu is interesting and has a reasonable price point for this lovely high end restaurant. The chef and staff were very accommodating. Although specialty cocktails and infusions are not our thing, the after dinner Strega locally made was a treat.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 02:19 PM   #8
ishoot308

Thanked 4,904 Times in 1,897 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
We had a delicious meal last evening. The new menu is interesting and has a reasonable price point for this lovely high end restaurant. The chef and staff were very accommodating. Although specialty cocktails and infusions are not our thing, the after dinner Strega locally made was a treat.
What was the wine list like as it is not shown on their web site... Very important to me when dining Italian...

Thanks!

Dan
Old 05-17-2019, 02:21 PM   #9
Andromeda321

Has anyone done Sunday brunch there last year/ anyone know if they're going to do brunch again this year once it's more in season? It'd be nice to have somewhere special and new to go to for that!
Andromeda321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:55 AM   #10
Newbiesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
What was the wine list like as it is not shown on their web site... Very important to me when dining Italian...

Thanks!

Dan
I tend to prefer scotch...they have an excellent selection at less than 50% of my other home price. Not much of a wine drinker, but they did seem to have a nice selection.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (05-18-2019)
Old 05-19-2019, 12:16 PM   #11
Major

Default Op

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda321 View Post
Has anyone done Sunday brunch there last year/ anyone know if they're going to do brunch again this year once it's more in season? It'd be nice to have somewhere special and new to go to for that!
I'm not sure they are doing brunch anymore. We wanted to go to brunch for Mother's Day, but they were only open for dinner. We went anyway, and had a great time.
Major is offline   Reply With Quote