Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2020, 07:54 AM   #1
RUGMAN
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: weirs beach,
Posts: 189
Thanks: 35
Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts
Default barstool sports

Has anyone heard anything about the Hockey tournament this weekend?
RUGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:56 AM   #2
AC2717
Senior Member
 
AC2717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maynard, MA & Paugus Bay
Posts: 2,197
Thanks: 604
Thanked 267 Times in 196 Posts
Default

its on, very little fan fair I would say
__________________
Capt. of the "No Worries"
AC2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:13 AM   #3
Glendale Girl
Member
 
Glendale Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 43
Thanks: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

https://www.barstoolpondhockey.com/new-hampshire/
Glendale Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:30 AM   #4
WinnisquamZ
Senior Member
 
WinnisquamZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 428
Thanks: 95
Thanked 132 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Went by yesterday. Lago’s went all in for this one. Parking lot full of tents and many porta potties. Friday should be great. Warm weather over the weekend will effect the ice, but the party will go on


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WinnisquamZ For This Useful Post:
stingray (02-21-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 11:58 AM   #5
baygo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 503
Thanks: 131
Thanked 364 Times in 149 Posts
Default Hearsay but

I had a conversation with a bartender who has been involved with barstool sports in the past. He suggests that we expect a totally different crowd than the one we get for pond hockey. Apparently barstool sports is a younger less disciplined crowd and we can anticipate a number of incidents. Letís hope not.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2020, 02:16 PM   #6
Winilyme
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Ice in = CT / Ice out = Winnipesaukee
Posts: 49
Thanks: 11
Thanked 49 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glendale Girl View Post
I'm glad they're warning people that the ice is slippery. Who wouldn't known
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:58 PM   #7
AC2717
Senior Member
 
AC2717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maynard, MA & Paugus Bay
Posts: 2,197
Thanks: 604
Thanked 267 Times in 196 Posts
Default

Charging $20 cover charge for the Winter Village in Lago Parking lot
__________________
Capt. of the "No Worries"
AC2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 03:34 PM   #8
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 2,249
Thanks: 858
Thanked 548 Times in 353 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
Charging $20 cover charge for the Winter Village in Lago Parking lot
The young and stupid are willing to pay that just to say they were there.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 05:37 PM   #9
tis
Senior Member
 
tis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,823
Thanks: 494
Thanked 857 Times in 603 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
I had a conversation with a bartender who has been involved with barstool sports in the past. He suggests that we expect a totally different crowd than the one we get for pond hockey. Apparently barstool sports is a younger less disciplined crowd and we can anticipate a number of incidents. Letís hope not.
I heard the same.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:55 AM   #10
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 2,249
Thanks: 858
Thanked 548 Times in 353 Posts
Default

So did anyone here attend the tournament and how was it compared to the Pond Hockey Classic.?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:59 AM   #11
Meredith AK
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Beautiful Town of Meredith
Posts: 67
Thanks: 12
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Default Barstool Sports

We went down for about an hour around noon-time. Gorgeous day out, lots of sun. There were about 5 games going on at the same time. Easier to walk around vs the NEPHC as there was a base of some snow so it wasn't as slippery. Watched the band for a bit from outside the gate. We're a little up there in age, so mixing with the 20+ year olds didn't quite feel right. The Dunkin set-ups were nice. Overall, a good crowd, smaller certainly than NEPHC, but overall respectful and having fun. We love having activity in town and it makes for a en eventful Saturday and people watching.
Meredith AK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meredith AK For This Useful Post:
Biggd (02-24-2020), joey2665 (02-24-2020)
Old 02-24-2020, 12:10 PM   #12
WinnisquamZ
Senior Member
 
WinnisquamZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 428
Thanks: 95
Thanked 132 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith AK View Post
We went down for about an hour around noon-time. Gorgeous day out, lots of sun. There were about 5 games going on at the same time. Easier to walk around vs the NEPHC as there was a base of some snow so it wasn't as slippery. Watched the band for a bit from outside the gate. We're a little up there in age, so mixing with the 20+ year olds didn't quite feel right. The Dunkin set-ups were nice. Overall, a good crowd, smaller certainly than NEPHC, but overall respectful and having fun. We love having activity in town and it makes for a en eventful Saturday and people watching.
Not being able to make it that way myself it is wonderful to read everything went well. We can hope it’s one more thing to add to the winter time activities here in the lakes region


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WinnisquamZ For This Useful Post:
Biggd (02-24-2020)
Old 02-24-2020, 05:26 PM   #13
winterh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 113
Thanks: 1
Thanked 40 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Surprised how little I heard about this considering Barstool is an absolute monster of a marketing machine. I assume they wanted to try it this year and get a feel for it. If all went well I could see this becoming huge if barstool puts their weight behind it. Meredith already has a great tournament. Would have been nice to see this one in Wolfeboro bay.
winterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 05:32 PM   #14
BoatHouse
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 61
Thanks: 95
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterh View Post
Surprised how little I heard about this considering Barstool is an absolute monster of a marketing machine. I assume they wanted to try it this year and get a feel for it. If all went well I could see this becoming huge if barstool puts their weight behind it. Meredith already has a great tournament. Would have been nice to see this one in Wolfeboro bay.
Don't you think Wolfeboro is too refined for Barstool?
BoatHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:42 PM   #15
WinnisquamZ
Senior Member
 
WinnisquamZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 428
Thanks: 95
Thanked 132 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Refined, no. Limited hotel rooms, yes


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WinnisquamZ For This Useful Post:
BoatHouse (02-25-2020), joey2665 (02-24-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 09:49 AM   #16
AC2717
Senior Member
 
AC2717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maynard, MA & Paugus Bay
Posts: 2,197
Thanks: 604
Thanked 267 Times in 196 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
Refined, no. Limited hotel rooms, yes


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I agree not enough bars/restaurants, hospitality services in general
__________________
Capt. of the "No Worries"
AC2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:22 AM   #17
Seaplane Pilot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 908
Thanks: 335
Thanked 537 Times in 208 Posts
Default Just need some creativity

Wolfeboro would be a great place to build an ice hotel and ice bar for this (and other) events. In fact, I think it the best location would be right in front of Mitt (Benedict) Romney's house. They could also build an ice runway, with the assistance of the guys that take care of Runway B18 in Alton. Think of the crowds and fun!
Attached Images
  
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post:
BoatHouse (02-25-2020), Pineedles (02-25-2020), tis (02-25-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 11:35 AM   #18
BoatHouse
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 61
Thanks: 95
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
Wolfeboro would be a great place to build an ice hotel and ice bar for this (and other) events. In fact, I think it the best location would be right in front of Mitt (Benedict) Romney's house. They could also build an ice runway, with the assistance of the guys that take care of Runway B18 in Alton. Think of the crowds and fun!
I was thinking a 4th of July weekend fishing derby and jet ski race in front of Benedicts property would be tons of fun! We could have a "Full Moon" contest too
BoatHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoatHouse For This Useful Post:
Pineedles (02-25-2020), Seaplane Pilot (02-25-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 11:35 AM   #19
iw8surf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 142
Thanks: 12
Thanked 65 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
I agree not enough bars/restaurants, hospitality services in general
I think one major thing is the demographic, barstool targets 21-40 year olds from all backgrounds, what's the demographic of Wolfeboro?

Much older and much less diverse in my opinion
iw8surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:58 AM   #20
AC2717
Senior Member
 
AC2717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maynard, MA & Paugus Bay
Posts: 2,197
Thanks: 604
Thanked 267 Times in 196 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iw8surf View Post
I think one major thing is the demographic, barstool targets 21-40 year olds from all backgrounds, what's the demographic of Wolfeboro?

Much older and much less diverse in my opinion
we are saying the same thing two different ways ,
__________________
Capt. of the "No Worries"
AC2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.27821 seconds