Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2020, 07:50 PM   #1
PatriGirl

Default In Need of Lawn Care

I finally got up to my house in Gunstock Acres and was horrified to see the state of my lawn. I don't know why I thought it would only be slightly overgrown at this point, but I assumed the grass growing would slow down along with the rest of life these days....
I need a reliable person who is willing to cut the grass for me as I simply am not up to the task; it would be a one time, possibly two time, job as I am closing on the house in 3 weeks.
If you know of anyone who is looking for work, please let me know. Thanks!
PatriGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:31 AM   #2
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriGirl View Post
I finally got up to my house in Gunstock Acres and was horrified to see the state of my lawn. I don't know why I thought it would only be slightly overgrown at this point, but I assumed the grass growing would slow down along with the rest of life these days....
I need a reliable person who is willing to cut the grass for me as I simply am not up to the task; it would be a one time, possibly two time, job as I am closing on the house in 3 weeks.
If you know of anyone who is looking for work, please let me know. Thanks!
I think your best bet would be to watch for mowing/landscaping companies in your area as they should be working everywhere now.
Stop and talk to a foreman or worker and tell him of your plight.
With commercial machines they can cut your grass quickly and efficiently. It may cost you a bit more as they would be interrupting their schedule to accommodate you, but that’s the predicament you are in.
I have done exactly this when I mowed commercially.
Your next best option would be to ask a neighbor or neighborhood kids to mow for you. Do you have your own mowers?
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 02:30 PM   #3
camp guy

Default Lawn care

You might check with your realtor (if you are using one) to see if they have a trade available to help you out. Most realtors have "a little black book" of trades for situations just like yours.

Good luck.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:27 PM   #4
PatriGirl

Thank you Hill Country and Camp Guy! Both excellent suggestions.

I actually got a very quick response from Paul from Tiny Tractor Projects LLC who is going to see it done. He has been extremely responsive and excellent about getting back to me when he says he will. Last summer I couldn't get anyone to even return a phone call, so he is already way ahead of the crowd!
PatriGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PatriGirl For This Useful Post:
Poor Richard (06-04-2020)
Old 06-03-2020, 05:35 PM   #5
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriGirl View Post
Thank you Hill Country and Camp Guy! Both excellent suggestions.

I actually got a very quick response from Paul from Tiny Tractor Projects LLC who is going to see it done. He has been extremely responsive and excellent about getting back to me when he says he will. Last summer I couldn't get anyone to even return a phone call, so he is already way ahead of the crowd!
You are quite welcome!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links