Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > History
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2023, 04:42 PM   #1
Waco1148

Default Looking for old Moultonboro pictures

This winter's project is a photo history of Moultonborough to be published next fall in the "Images of America" series, including time period late 1800s to about 1960. Focusing on the built environment, that is, places rather than people. Old Camps, barns, old boats, old houses, boathouses, etc. People are good if participating in activities such as swimming, boating, etc., or posed in front of historic buildings or locations. Black and white images are the best. Please send me a private message if you have something that you would like to share.

One thing I'm looking for is a hi-res copy of the picture posted by Rattlesnake Gal a while ago of the pilot house of the old Chateaugay (which became the Mount Washington). The pilot house became a hotdog stand in Moultonborough, and a picture of it was printed in the book "Farewell Old Mount Washington," but it's not of good enough resolution to be copied for my book.

I still have copies available of my earlier book, "Bob Fogg and New Hampshire's Golden Age of Aviation," for those who haven't yet read the history of the seaplane base that operated at the Weirs from 1923 up to WWII.

Pictured here is a postcard of Witte's Store in the 1950s, which became what is now Trexler's Marina.
Attached Images

Waco1148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 11:09 AM   #2
TheProfessor

Moultonborough Historical Society.

Did attend a talk with pictures from computer to large screen at the Historical Society.

There is a lady in town that has quite of few historical pictures. If she is still around.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote