Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2020, 04:20 PM   #1
4 for Boating

Default Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion - Concerts

I see some of the earlier shows now being cancelled or moved to the end of the season. Right now Zac Brown / Charle Daniels / Alice Cooper - all gone... Those moving to the end of the season end of Sept.

Something called Vampire Weekend - Father of the Bride (don't ask <> couldn't tell you) still saying it's going to happen May 31st.

We have tickets for Dave Matthews the middle of July - questionable in my mind

Wonder how much of the season will be lost as while outdoors, this place pulls in some 9,000 people.
4 for Boating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 06:21 PM   #2
FlyingScot

Vampire Weekend is a terrific indie rock band--think of layered music inspired by Fleetwood Mac paired with mellow folk rock vocals. Take your 20-something kids and they'll (almost) think you're cool.

But no way are they performing on May 31.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 08:18 AM   #3
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

If you listen to "adult contemporary" radio, (anyone out there listen to the River 92.5?) you've probably heard this song by Vampire Week-end. They've also been on Saturday Night Live.

I'm retired. Maybe I'm "almost cool" Flying Scot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlkTVMMkCP4

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 09:36 AM   #4
elbie

Almost cool is now "dope" I think.
elbie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to elbie For This Useful Post:
Susie Cougar (04-21-2020)
Old 05-04-2020, 07:55 PM   #5
4 for Boating

Default DMB - Update

Well, our tickets to see Dave Matthews Band in July - will not go as planned > pretty much expected give the state of affairs.

The band has cancelled the entire tour for 2020. To make things easy they have re-booked for the exact same dates for most of their appearances in 2021 across the country. (Bumping the entire tour by 1 year) Would be nice to not have to re-book/select our seats as we managed to get some nice one's. Guess we will have to see how Bank Of NH Pavilion handles that aspect. Plenty of time to figure it out...

I still see other shows on the calendar - will be interesting to see if the entire season gets cancelled.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2021, 07:42 PM   #6
4 for Boating

Default DMB 2021 BNHP Update

Last year our tickets to see Dave Matthews Band scheduled for June 2020 was moved to July 2021 - Makes sense.

Just received an update that the July 2021 date is being moved to late Aug 2021. Not sure if this is due to the bands schedule or the Bank of NH Pavilion trying to salvage this summer.

Looks like another tough year for this establishment.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:48 PM   #7
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 for Boating View Post
Last year our tickets to see Dave Matthews Band scheduled for June 2020 was moved to July 2021 - Makes sense.

Just received an update that the July 2021 date is being moved to late Aug 2021. Not sure if this is due to the bands schedule or the Bank of NH Pavilion trying to salvage this summer.

Looks like another tough year for this establishment.
I hope you see your show, but I have zero sympathy for that place—prices went criminal when they sold out to Live Nation or whatever.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:57 PM   #8
WinnisquamZ

Have yet to see or hear what the sitting requirements will be. Any information available?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:57 PM   #9
4 for Boating

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I hope you see your show, but I have zero sympathy for that place—prices went criminal when they sold out to Live Nation or whatever.

Well the show is not big deal in the grand scheme of things but it is interesting to see how things are shifting and turning in response to the current times we find ourselves in.

While we have been in the area for well over 15 years, we have only been a couple of times (recent years) so we may not have been the benefactor of the place pre-sale -)
Old 04-22-2021, 08:32 PM   #10
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 for Boating View Post
Well the show is not big deal in the grand scheme of things but it is interesting to see how things are shifting and turning in response to the current times we find ourselves in.

While we have been in the area for well over 15 years, we have only been a couple of times (recent years) so we may not have been the benefactor of the place pre-sale -)
Some of my very favorite shows were at Meadowbrook.

I saw Robert Cray there with a friend of mine some years back before there was a roof, and a storm came from over the lake. A bunch of people head for the hills, which allowed us to get right up to the stage for an intimate performance. "Unless our instruments short out," Cray said, "we'll play for whomever's still here."

I really loved that place, but now we're mostly priced out.

Old 04-22-2021, 08:37 PM   #11
FlyingScot

Quote:
Some of my very favorite shows were at Meadowbrook.

I saw Robert Cray there with a friend of mine some years back before there was a roof, and a storm came from over the lake. A bunch of people head for the hills, which allowed us to get right up to the stage for an intimate performance. "Unless our instruments short out," Cray said, "we'll play for whomever's still here."

I really loved that place, but now we're mostly priced out.

Robert Cray--nice! Steely Dan, Counting Crows, and Dylan have all been terrific in recent years.

I agree that concert prices are brutal, but it says something that a person can hold a night of Robert Cray in their head years later, or another person can look forward to Dave Matthews for over a year. Live music is magical
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:16 PM   #12
steve-on-mark

I can't even tell you how many shows we've seen there over the years...dynamic pricing be damned...there's nothing like live music!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 04-23-2021, 04:47 AM   #13
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
Have yet to see or hear what the sitting requirements will be. Any information available?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I was just looking at the website, and some shows are labeled "reduced capacity" while others are "full capacity." It appears the soonest shows are the former, which makes sense. I'm guessing a lot of places will start to move to the "by this point in time, if you're worried about Covid you will have been vaccinated" approach.

Also, I agree that there's nothing like live music, but—similarly to Red Sox, Bruins, and Patriots tickets—the prices are just not feasible for a family of four on a budget. Case in point: A decade ago, I saw Blue Man Group three or four times in as many years. I took my high school students on field trips there twice. Now? Impossible. Last we checked, it was going to cost the four of us $350 for partially obscured seats. Add parking, fuel, and a snack, and we break $400.

Live music for us these days is mostly in local parks or on our association's patio with local bands.

Old 04-23-2021, 11:52 AM   #14
4 for Boating

Default Red Sox

Agreed and I'm dating myself here but:

Back in the day as they say - I would buy 4 to 6 games way in advance with 4 tickets in the bleachers. Maybe $8-$12 a ticket. If I could not go - give them to someone or if it was going to rain - maybe eat them..

Now same seats over $32 a ticket and $128 per game - no joke anymore and cannot use the same approach, that's for sure.
Old 04-23-2021, 12:41 PM   #15
MeredithMan

Default have to agree...

Quote:

We went there a number of times pre Live Nation buyout. Always thought everything was fairly priced. Our last concert there was in August, 2019, to see Train & The Goo Goo Dolls. We bought the tix 8 mos prior as soon as they went on sale at Christmas, 2018. This was the big family Christmas present, as they were $200 each, (4 of us), as we all really enjoy Train and The Goo Goo Dolls. The tix prices had gone up substantially after Live Nation bought the place. And these weren't even the first couple rows....we were back at where the sound board is...still great seats, but jeez...

Additionally, once we got to the concert in August, we found that we could no longer go into the sit-down restaurant that was there, as it was now "members only", whereas pre-Live Nation, it was open to the unwashed herd general public.

It's a great venue, but it really is crazy expensive right now
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:35 PM   #16
betterthanbacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
We went there a number of times pre Live Nation buyout. Always thought everything was fairly priced. Our last concert there was in August, 2019, to see Train & The Goo Goo Dolls. We bought the tix 8 mos prior as soon as they went on sale at Christmas, 2018. This was the big family Christmas present, as they were $200 each, (4 of us), as we all really enjoy Train and The Goo Goo Dolls. The tix prices had gone up substantially after Live Nation bought the place. And these weren't even the first couple rows....we were back at where the sound board is...still great seats, but jeez...

Additionally, once we got to the concert in August, we found that we could no longer go into the sit-down restaurant that was there, as it was now "members only", whereas pre-Live Nation, it was open to the unwashed herd general public.

It's a great venue, but it really is crazy expensive right now
Train and Goo Goo dolls. We were at that show. There was so much talent on stage that night. Yes pricey, not to mention the $14 beers, but we left completely satisfied.
We have been to other shows buying grass tickets at the gate for $30 each. It’s all what you want I guess
betterthanbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:35 PM   #17
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Agree

Haven't been since Live-Nation took over.

I had a great run through those years. Many memorable concerts. Now I go to concerts in parks, Park & Recreation events. etc.
Old 04-23-2021, 03:07 PM   #18
MeredithMan

Default It was a great show...

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanbacon View Post
Train and Goo Goo dolls. We were at that show. There was so much talent on stage that night. Yes pricey, not to mention the $14 beers, but we left completely satisfied.
We have been to other shows buying grass tickets at the gate for $30 each. It’s all what you want I guess
Prices aside, it was a great show....totally agree with you! We had never seen Goo Goo Dolls live before...they were fantastic. Tremendous stage presence. Johnny Rzeznik is a great performer. They are theoretically supposed to be back this summer on their own.
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post:
betterthanbacon (04-24-2021)
Old 07-08-2022, 11:49 PM   #19
thinkxingu

I grabbed the fam tickets for tonight's Toad the Wet Sprocket/Gin Blossoms/Barenaked Ladies show. They were reasonable at $49/ea with only a few dollars extra fees and $30 parking.

I gotta say, it's a GREAT venue when the prices fall in line—clean, a few kids' activities, close bathrooms, easy access and location—but those fees go up exponentially with ticket price, which is crazy-town.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2022, 08:58 AM   #20
chachee52

Quote:
I grabbed the fam tickets for tonight's Toad the Wet Sprocket/Gin Blossoms/Barenaked Ladies show. They were reasonable at $49/ea with only a few dollars extra fees and $30 parking.

I gotta say, it's a GREAT venue when the prices fall in line—clean, a few kids' activities, close bathrooms, easy access and location—but those fees go up exponentially with ticket price, which is crazy-town.

Sat on the lawn last night, for 2 $28.50 tickets wound up to be like $87 with fees. Have to pay for technology!
But Man BNL was off last night!!! Toad and Gin rocked though. Seen BNL multiple times in the past, Ed was off on his singing, it was bad.
chachee52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 09:25 AM   #21
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
Sat on the lawn last night, for 2 $28.50 tickets wound up to be like $87 with fees. Have to pay for technology!

But Man BNL was off last night!!! Toad and Gin rocked though. Seen BNL multiple times in the past, Ed was off on his singing, it was bad.
The Gin Blossoms were great and Toad is/was boring.

Ed's certainly aged and gained some weight, so I'm not sure we'll see the same..crispness and spunk as in the past.

I thought "Big Back Yard" and "Here Together" were both excellent, though.

Old 07-09-2022, 10:53 AM   #22
chachee52

Quote:
The Gin Blossoms were great and Toad is/was boring.

Ed's certainly aged and gained some weight, so I'm not sure we'll see the same..crispness and spunk as in the past.

I thought "Big Back Yard" and "Here Together" were both excellent, though.

I agree, both those songs weren't sung by Ed. Hopefully he was just battling a cold, all I'm saying is he was off the entire night.
chachee52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 10:58 AM   #23
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

Since Live-Nation took over Meadowbrook, prices went through the roof! I have no desire to attend when local venues are just as good and cheaper!