Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Marketplace
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2022, 05:08 PM   #1
granitehead
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 18
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2.53 acres with 100' of mainland frontage for sale on Braun Bay

Hey everyone,
If you know of anyone interested in a buildable 1/2 acre mainland waterfront lot with adjacent 2-acre backlot, contact Stephanie Inglis, Lake Life Realty at 603-490-8152. Here's the Trulia link:

https://www.trulia.com/home/35-Braun...254-2060703143
granitehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 05:41 PM   #2
tis
Senior Member
 
tis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,867
Thanks: 638
Thanked 1,239 Times in 856 Posts
Default

I feel sorry for the sellers.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 07:46 PM   #3
Garcia
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 521
Thanks: 112
Thanked 233 Times in 146 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by granitehead View Post
Hey everyone,
If you know of anyone interested in a buildable 1/2 acre mainland waterfront lot with adjacent 2-acre backlot, contact Stephanie Inglis, Lake Life Realty at 603-490-8152. Here's the Trulia link:

https://www.trulia.com/home/35-Braun...254-2060703143
I'm curious what the view is like on a busy weekend. Is this right in the thick of all the rafting?
Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 08:07 AM   #4
Susie Cougar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Parrish, Florida
Posts: 461
Thanks: 181
Thanked 166 Times in 120 Posts
Default

No. It is further up the point away from the sandbar. However, you would see a steady stream of boats going in and then going out.
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Susie Cougar For This Useful Post:
Garcia (11-17-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 09:54 AM   #5
granitehead
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 18
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Susie's right. This is on the western side of Braun Bay about 1/2 mile from the sand bar entrance. The boat traffic mostly stays on the eastern side of the bay where the entrance is.
granitehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2022, 02:19 PM   #6
TheTimeTraveler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 725
Thanks: 225
Thanked 228 Times in 136 Posts
Default

I wonder how high the urine count is on a sunny, hot summer day?
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheTimeTraveler For This Useful Post:
ACME on the Broads (01-02-2023)
Old 11-17-2022, 05:50 PM   #7
bigdog
Senior Member
 
bigdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Central MA-Gilford
Posts: 1,336
Thanks: 268
Thanked 108 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
I wonder how high the urine count is on a sunny, hot summer day?
Just make sure to keep your mouth shut if swimming there!

Ever see the sand-bar at the mosquito bridge on Winnisquam on the week-ends, it's a sight to see!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 09:14 AM   #8
Susie Cougar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Parrish, Florida
Posts: 461
Thanks: 181
Thanked 166 Times in 120 Posts
Default

It’s already under contract!
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 09:44 AM   #9
WinnisquamZ
Senior Member
 
WinnisquamZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,563
Thanks: 167
Thanked 495 Times in 332 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Just make sure to keep your mouth shut if swimming there!

Ever see the sand-bar at the mosquito bridge on Winnisquam on the week-ends, it's a sight to see!
Yup. One of NHs inland salt water ponds!


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 01:11 PM   #10
tis
Senior Member
 
tis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,867
Thanks: 638
Thanked 1,239 Times in 856 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
It’s already under contract!
I hope the realtor disclosed the situation.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 02:52 PM   #11
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,575
Thanks: 1,121
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I hope the realtor disclosed the situation.
Disclosed what? That the land is on the biggest lake in NH? I wouldn't expect a realtor to "disclose" that I'd be buying on a busy road.

I would expect the buyer to research, and I might even expect the buyer's agent to figure it out, but the seller's agent? Caveat emptor.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 03:13 PM   #12
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 5,381
Thanks: 2,072
Thanked 4,402 Times in 1,707 Posts
Default Nearby Nuisances

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Disclosed what? That the land is on the biggest lake in NH? I wouldn't expect a realtor to "disclose" that I'd be buying on a busy road.

I would expect the buyer to research, and I might even expect the buyer's agent to figure it out, but the seller's agent? Caveat emptor.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
Think;

It's called "Nearby Nuisances" and I believe it is a disclosure requirement in NH...not totally certain but pretty sure...

Dan
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 03:22 PM   #13
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,575
Thanks: 1,121
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Think;

It's called "Nearby Nuisances" and I believe it is a disclosure requirement in NH...not totally certain but pretty sure...

Dan
No, I get that, but people using a natural resource across at a sizeable distance from a property for two-three months a year? "Nearby nuisance" is a hard sell, especially when that mostly implies neighbors or very close proximity.

Of course, that might also be why they waited until after the season to sell...

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 04:46 PM   #14
tis
Senior Member
 
tis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,867
Thanks: 638
Thanked 1,239 Times in 856 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
No, I get that, but people using a natural resource across at a sizeable distance from a property for two-three months a year? "Nearby nuisance" is a hard sell, especially when that mostly implies neighbors or very close proximity.

Of course, that might also be why they waited until after the season to sell...

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
I am sure that they waited until after the season to sell.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 05:05 PM   #15
Descant
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Merrimack and Welch Island
Posts: 3,566
Thanks: 1,038
Thanked 1,338 Times in 864 Posts
Default

I'm just a little suspicious of the postings about bad behavior in Braun Bay. Obviously, there are scores of sandbar fans who have no problem with water quality. We never hear about people trashing the adjacent state property the way we hear about trash on Rattlesnake and Ragged Islands. (Maybe LRCT is overly sensitive?) We never hear about police issues for public drunkenness or drugs. It seems to be a nice family place to go. We don't hear about excessive wakes, or loud music , although there must be some music. No, I don't do sandbars--I have other private places to hang out, but I have been to Braun Bay and enjoyed a nice quiet weekday afternoon. Long time ago when kids were little., and I could haul the anchors by hand.
The downside to me would be boat traffic if I wanted to ski, tube, etc. but that has nothing to do with snickers about water quality.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post:
watrskir (11-22-2022)
Old 11-22-2022, 07:45 PM   #16
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 5,381
Thanks: 2,072
Thanked 4,402 Times in 1,707 Posts
Default No Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
I'm just a little suspicious of the postings about bad behavior in Braun Bay. Obviously, there are scores of sandbar fans who have no problem with water quality. We never hear about people trashing the adjacent state property the way we hear about trash on Rattlesnake and Ragged Islands. (Maybe LRCT is overly sensitive?) We never hear about police issues for public drunkenness or drugs. It seems to be a nice family place to go. We don't hear about excessive wakes, or loud music , although there must be some music. No, I don't do sandbars--I have other private places to hang out, but I have been to Braun Bay and enjoyed a nice quiet weekday afternoon. Long time ago when kids were little., and I could haul the anchors by hand.
The downside to me would be boat traffic if I wanted to ski, tube, etc. but that has nothing to do with snickers about water quality.
I don’t see anywhere on this thread where bad behavior is mentioned…and I also think Braun Bay is a great place for the boating public to congregate and support its existence!...but the fact is who the hell in their right would want to buy land there for a camp??!!

Dan
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 04:39 AM   #17
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,575
Thanks: 1,121
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I don’t see anywhere on this thread where bad behavior is mentioned…and I also think Braun Bay is a great place for the boating public to congregate and support its existence!...but the fact is who the hell in their right would want to buy land there for a camp??!!

Dan
I think it's implied by the "disclosure" piece as "we all know what Braun Bay is like in summer *wink*."

I've seen days that are over the top, for sure, but much more often—outside of the big holidays—it's been a fine place...with or without the fam.

In either case, I still wouldn't see negligence on the part of a realtor if it wasn't (or was) brought up.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
Descant (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 08:18 AM   #18
Susie Cougar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Parrish, Florida
Posts: 461
Thanks: 181
Thanked 166 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I think it's implied by the "disclosure" piece as "we all know what Braun Bay is like in summer *wink*."

I've seen days that are over the top, for sure, but much more often—outside of the big holidays—it's been a fine place...with or without the fam.

In either case, I still wouldn't see negligence on the part of a realtor if it wasn't (or was) brought up.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
As someone who visits sandbars, would you want to live there?
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Susie Cougar For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 09:11 AM   #19
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,575
Thanks: 1,121
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
As someone who visits sandbars, would you want to live there?
No, but it's more about me being an introvert than it is anything else.

I know a bunch of people who would LOVE (in capital letters) to live there.

I also can't imagine someone spending that much money on something they didn't check out closely.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 09:23 AM   #20
FlyingScot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tuftonboro and Sudbury, MA
Posts: 2,011
Thanks: 1,001
Thanked 853 Times in 526 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
No, but it's more about me being an introvert than it is anything else.

I know a bunch of people who would LOVE (in capital letters) to live there.

I also can't imagine someone spending that much money on something they didn't check out closely.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
You're trying too hard

Do you know "a bunch of people" with $2MM or so to drop on a second home who would "LOVE" to live there?
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 09:36 AM   #21
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,575
Thanks: 1,121
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
You're trying too hard

Do you know "a bunch of people" with $2MM or so to drop on a second home who would "LOVE" to live there?
It's not about the money at all—the question revolved around the location.

So, YES—I know a bunch of people who would love a location like that. They're the ones with big groups around their campfires every night...while I sit with my wife listening to Mark Knopfler and looking up at the stars.

Different strokes and all that.

(Oh, and the fact that all those sandbar-adjacent homes sell without an issue is pretty good evidence, right?)

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 09:55 AM   #22
tis
Senior Member
 
tis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,867
Thanks: 638
Thanked 1,239 Times in 856 Posts
Default

WE have friends who bought in a rafting area years ago and didn't realize how many boats could fit in front and over the years it got busy. Had they known I don't think they would have bought there. They go away every weekend.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 11:41 AM   #23
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,575
Thanks: 1,121
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
WE have friends who bought in a rafting area years ago and didn't realize how many boats could fit in front and over the years it got busy. Had they known I don't think they would have bought there. They go away every weekend.
You/they don't think it would sell if they put it on the market? I'm pretty confident it would.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 11:52 AM   #24
tis
Senior Member
 
tis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,867
Thanks: 638
Thanked 1,239 Times in 856 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
You/they don't think it would sell if they put it on the market? I'm pretty confident it would.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
I think it would too-- Particularly if the buyers didn't look at it on a weekend and weren't told. They have been talking about selling, guess we'll see.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 01:08 PM   #25
Susie Cougar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Parrish, Florida
Posts: 461
Thanks: 181
Thanked 166 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
WE have friends who bought in a rafting area years ago and didn't realize how many boats could fit in front and over the years it got busy. Had they known I don't think they would have bought there. They go away every weekend.
How sad.
Your friends worked hard and saved and sacrificed to be able to buy a waterfront home. And every year they pay their taxes so others can come and drive them out every weekend.
And now they’re thinking about selling.
So much for the American dream.
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 04:15 PM   #26
tis
Senior Member
 
tis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,867
Thanks: 638
Thanked 1,239 Times in 856 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
How sad.
Your friends worked hard and saved and sacrificed to be able to buy a waterfront home. And every year they pay their taxes so others can come and drive them out every weekend.
And now they’re thinking about selling.
So much for the American dream.
Thank you. I agree.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 10:20 PM   #27
LoveLakeLife
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 406
Thanks: 51
Thanked 145 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
No, but it's more about me being an introvert than it is anything else.

I know a bunch of people who would LOVE (in capital letters) to live there.

I also can't imagine someone spending that much money on something they didn't check out closely.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
I would not have taken you for an introvert Think. Just the opposite.


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
LoveLakeLife is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLakeLife For This Useful Post:
Susie Cougar (11-24-2022)
Old 11-24-2022, 05:35 AM   #28
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,575
Thanks: 1,121
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLakeLife View Post
I would not have taken you for an introvert Think. Just the opposite.


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
My students say the same thing.
I'm a social introvert—I enjoy connecting with small groups over large ones and find restoration in solitude.

This forum, along with the anonymity, feels small given the number of active posters, but even then there are times I don't interact with posts I see as small-talk (draining) or go long times without posting because I need distance to refresh.

So, I can totally see why some people would abhor sandbars and owning property in busy areas, but I also know that half of humanity thrives on socialization.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 05:48 AM   #29
ApS
Senior Member
 
ApS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida (Sebring & Keys), Wolfeboro
Posts: 5,512
Thanks: 1,795
Thanked 689 Times in 491 Posts
Lightbulb Sandbars--Where People Can Get Away from It All...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I don’t see anywhere on this thread where bad behavior is mentioned…and I also think Braun Bay is a great place for the boating public to congregate and support its existence!
Better there than rafting over my water intake pipe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
...but the fact is who the hell in their right mind would want to buy land there for a camp??!! Dan
The listing (which lasted three days) makes a case for building a 4BR house there. That would appeal to a buyer building a McMansion to rent out. Y'know, renters who gather around campfires and raise a ruckus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
It's not about the money at all—the question revolved around the location. So, YES—I know a bunch of people who would love a location like that. They're the ones with big groups around their campfires every night...while I sit with my wife listening to Mark Knopfler and looking up at the stars. Different strokes and all that.

(Oh, and the fact that all those sandbar-adjacent homes sell without an issue is pretty good evidence, right?)
Such "Facts" are hard to come by.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 07:16 AM   #30
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 5,381
Thanks: 2,072
Thanked 4,402 Times in 1,707 Posts
Default Good Point!

Quote:
The listing (which lasted three days) makes a case for building a 4BR house there. That would appeal to a buyer building a McMansion to rent out.
Good point! I agree 100% that this is a good possibility


Dan
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 09:13 AM   #31
Susie Cougar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Parrish, Florida
Posts: 461
Thanks: 181
Thanked 166 Times in 120 Posts
Default

They also have a 2 acre back lot which they could do some very interesting things with.
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.42252 seconds