Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #1
viands

Default Yard Sale Robbery

We had a yard sale today (Saturday) on Winnipesaukee Drive in Winnipesaukee Estates. We had a few cars come in the morning and then none for two hours. Our kids were driving us nuts so we took them for a quick car ride figuring we wouldn't be long and that no one was coming (usually everyone comes early), we left the stuff out figuring we'd take it inside when we got back (the kids were driving us crazy).

Well, when we got back there was stuff missing, including $150 in baseball cards, kids ladybug sandbox, bar stools, etc. Most of the stuff we could care less about, but the baseball cards and sandbox we do. The baseball cards even had individual PRICES so someone should have put two and two together and figured there was an emergency reason why no one was out there and come back later and inquired. There was NO sign saying anything was left for free and there were still Yard (for) SALE (not for free) signs out at the end of the road.

I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding and we have no ill will towards the individual(s) who took the items, we just want them returned. If anyone knows about this, please contact 569-7932 and simply return the items, no ill will, simple misunderstanding.
viands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:54 PM   #2
secondcurve

Viands:

Unfortunately, I don't think there was any misunderstanding at all. The Lakes Region has changed, some for the good and some for he bad. I'll tell my wife about your unfortunate incident as she is always giving me a hard time when I lock the door when we do erands. I hope I'm wrong and someone returns your items, but I'd be surprised if this happens. Good Luck.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 10:14 PM   #3
viands

It was really poor judgment on our part, I'll admit that. If someone does return the items I will post here. I really do feel it was a misunderstanding, but I also feel that the individually priced cards (some high value) should have made somebody stop and think.
viands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:15 AM   #4
redc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by viands
I also feel that the individually priced cards (some high value) should have made somebody stop and think.
They did stop and think. They thought, "Hey, these cards are worth a few hundred bucks, and somebody left them all alone! Quick grab them and lets get out of here before someone comes back!!"

The world is full of dishonest people. Unfortunately, us honest people have to lock our doors and keep looking over our shoulders to keep what we work so hard to have.
redc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:55 AM   #5
jetskier

Default Monitor eBay

Unfortunately, items like this tend to end up on eBay. If I were you, I would check out the auction listings to see if any of your items show up there.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2007, 11:13 AM   #6
Captain Zipper

This makes me think of the story of the guy that put an item out by the street with a "Free" sign on it, the item stayed there for a week.....

So the next day he put up a sign "For Sale - $20" and it was stolen that night.
Captain Zipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:30 AM   #7
dpg

Bummer and a lousy thing to do but ya know, you should not of left the things there and leave in the middle of a yard sale.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:10 AM   #8
Weirs guy

Smells like a neighborhood kid? Maybe you could inquire with some of the local sporting good/collectible stores that would carry baseball cards?

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:38 PM   #9
jlrm73

Default Sad...

We just had a yard sale a few weeks ago and someone told me to put away my money box so it wouldn't get stolen, and I was a little taken aback, saying, "nahhhh, it's ok!"...guess I will think better of it next time!
jlrm73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:31 PM   #10
Argie's Wife

A quick reverse phone lookup showed me your zip code, so I did a quick ebay search -

http://listings.ebay.com/_W0QQsocmdZ...e=search&fgtp=

You might want to check this from time-to-time. Good luck!
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:46 AM   #11
nj2nh

Wow! I can't believe there is so much sports stuff on Ebay just in that limited zip code area. You really should see if any of your missing stuff is here.

Totally amazing.

Jersey Girl