Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-01-2007, 08:05 AM   #1
jlrm73

Default Sala Thai Restaurant

Hi All-
Just wanted to plug a new favorite: Sala Thai in Laconia, next to Laconia High School. There was an article about it in the Citizen...here is the link:
http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll...-1/citizen0101

We have been there 4 times in the last 3 weeks for take-out. It doesn't have the best exterior, mind you, but the food is awesome! It is a family-run establishment, and they are so proud of it! The inside is clean and neat (and small) and the menu is extensive with many thai favorites, like belly warming curries, pad thai (soooo good), lo meins, and also sushi (not thai, but the chef has a lot of experience making sushi) --we got it last night, and it was delicious. The pineapple fried rice is so yummy, and it is served in a hollowed-out pineapple.
I know a lot of people would drive past this little place, but it is worth a stop! It's nice to see some international cuisine come to our little neck of the woods!
jlrm73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:58 AM   #2
wMw

Default jlrm73...I have to agree

I found this place by accident a few weeks ago. Some impatient driver was riding on my tail and I pulled into their parking lot to be rid of that annoyance and decided to stop in for take-out. The woman at the counter was soooo friendly...so were the two other patrons that were there, kind of like walking into a neighborhood cafe as a regular. The food was awesome. I think I need to work my way through their menu.

Thanks for the link to the newspaper story

Sing...Dance...Love...Live deliberately!!!
wMw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #3
mg2107

Sounds like a winner.some good Thai food will be an asset to the region.
mg2107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #4
donnamatrix

Default Yum

We had lunch on 3/3 at Sala Thai, expensive ($46 no drinks) but the food was fantabulous. Get the duck.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote