Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-11-2007, 03:25 PM   #1
jlrm73

Default New Corner Deli in Gilford, near Gunstock

Just tried the new Corner Deli and Pizzeria in Gilford, at the old Gunstock Store. Trish and the gang did a great job brightening and renovating the inside...so much better than it was! Looks like a whole new place! There is plenty of seating, and a great new menu, with breakfast, lunch and dinner items. They are open late, too.
We had pizza, which was really good, (spinach and artichoke was great), and mozzarella sticks. Nice to see a restaurant so close to home!
Good luck to them!
jlrm73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
DRH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrm73
Just tried the new Corner Deli and Pizzeria in Gilford, at the old Gunstock Store. Trish and the gang did a great job brightening and renovating the inside...so much better than it was! Looks like a whole new place! There is plenty of seating, and a great new menu, with breakfast, lunch and dinner items. They are open late, too.
We had pizza, which was really good, (spinach and artichoke was great), and mozzarella sticks. Nice to see a restaurant so close to home!
Good luck to them!
Please tell us where it is. We're not familiar with the old Gunstock Store. Sounds worth trying!
Old 03-11-2007, 08:03 PM   #3
kayakn

DRH,

It is up on 11A just past the Gunstock entrance heading towards Gilford Village. We hope to try it soon. It used to be a little convenience store.
kayakn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:36 PM   #4
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

DRH, memory serves me right, it is right by the motel, and on the other side of the street from what used to be the Alberg restaurant. It would be on the left going from your house to Gilford via 11A, about a quarter mile or so after the entrance to Gunstock.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:43 PM   #5
DRH

Default I Know the Place

Thanks, kayakn and upthesaukee ... now I know the place jlrm73 was referring to. I believe the motel next to it has been converted to condos! We'll have to stop by there some time and give them a try.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:23 AM   #6
Skipper

Lightbulb What kind of deli?

Could you be a bit more specific with the directions please? Like using a better known starting point, like Sawyers. I am not that familiar with the Gunstock area or Gilford Village. I might like to try the deli.

I think the area needs what I think of as a Deli. Where you get bagels, corned beef, blintzes, knishes and other DELIcious foods.

Or some other kind of deli? Like the common Italian type deli. To me that is the same old deli imitation with subs, balogna, mortadella, capacola, genoa salami, and the stuff that you can get everywhere in the area.

Not all delicatessens are created equally

Learn to be a real Skipper, click HERE and learn more.
Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:54 AM   #7
GTO

Default store....

growing up and vacationing in the area, (a long time ago), I think that store was what we called, The Penny Candy Store. You'd get your brown paper bag and fill it with $1.00 worth of candy. Of course, it really was a penny a piece so you'd actually get a bag full.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:42 AM   #8
jlrm73

Default directions/menu

If you are coming from Weirs Beach, at the lights at Rte.11 (at Sawyer's and Patrick's Pub) go straight across onto 11B. At the end of 11B, take a left onto 11A. Follow 11A (towards Gunstock) for about 3-4 (?) miles. Corner Deli is on your right (before entrance to Gunstock).
The menu is more like a pizzeria/deli, not a blintzes, bagel type of place. I have the menu in front of me, it includes:
Buffalo fingers, mozz sticks, garlic bread, etc. Also, cold club sandwiches, burgers, paninis, salads, hand tossed pizza, other hot dishes (like chicken pot pie), and soups. Like I said, they also serve breakfast, and I looked at the breakfast menu while sitting there, and they have all the favorites on there!
jlrm73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:16 PM   #9
Island Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper
I think the area needs what I think of as a Deli. Where you get bagels, corned beef, blintzes, knishes and other DELIcious foods. [/B]

Yes, good bagel . . . please!!!! And good coffee - I mean really good coffee. Preferably in the Gilford area, if anyone out there is toying with the idea of opening an upmarket deli/cafe and wondering where to locate it.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:14 PM   #10
Pepper

Default Go Trish and Mike!!!

These two extremely hardworking folks will bring new life to that building, and we wish them the very best!!!

I hope to stop by and pay a visit very soon!
Old 03-14-2007, 06:01 PM   #11
kayakn

Link to today's Laconia Citizen for The Corner Deli & Pizzeria second spot...

http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll...166/-1/CITIZEN

Good Luck!!!
kayakn is offline   Reply With Quote