Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2014, 06:32 AM   #1
Treerider

Default Ramp etiquette ( in general)

In the last two weeks I have Launched my small fishing boat at a smaller lake in nh, the ramp is not great and the access is not great for turning and backing down, what I have found on this busy ramp was that for the most part the kayakers and canoeists have NO CLUE about launch etiquette!
I was backed down to within ft of the water ready to launch and had canoes dropped in front of me while they go back for gear. Had five canoes across the ramp with no apparent schedule for launching! When I politely asked if two that were blocking if they were going in soon I got an eyeroll and a slow motion launch.
I am thinking that if these folks were charged for launching or perhaps had to donate to fish and game (buy a fish license perhaps) they might smarten up!
I saw perhaps 20 kayaks go by yesterday only two were trolling a line from the kayak, guess which two kayakers stopped to chat.....
Treerider is offline   Reply With Quote