Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > ForumFests > ForumFest VII (2010)
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
Meredith lady

Default Meredith Emergency Food Pantry is our Charity

The decision was made and the Meredith Food Pantry is our winner. I'm sorry if I didn't make this clear. Majority ruled.
I went for a visit and met with Mr. Paul Rowley-a fine older gentleman who puts his heart into the pantry. I have met him previously (several times). I toured the MEFP and got a real feel for all they do. They do not turn anyone away. No matter where you live. They have served people in over ten communities. Mr. Rowley even offered to show me his extensive records and statistics. We then toured the storage room and freezers. He and I agreed that the FF couldn't come at a better time. The end of August is so hard for so many when school starts again. Last August he said he had several people who had to buy shoes and school supplies for their kids, and ran out of money for food.
THAT BEING SAID...here is what you can do to help...
1. Come to the FF and buy some raffle tickets and win one of the LOTS of fabulous things that have been donated.
2. Can't make the FF and want to help? Our fearless leader, Don-the webmaster-will be posting his PO box for mailings. All checks must be made out to the Meredith Emergency Food Pantry.
3. There will be several decorated boxes at the FF for your donation of non-perishable food items so we can begin immediately stocking their shelves. On my tour I noticed things that were running low or seemed popular. These are only suggestions!
canned vegetables, soup, breakfast cereal, tuna fish, peanut butter, jelly, boxes of pasta, spaghetti sauce, applesauce, boxed macaroni and cheese, crackers, and rice.
They also distribute cleaning products (bath soap, laundry soap, dish soap...) and all paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates). There will be a box for these items as well.
Thank you all for your interest in FF 2010. The workers at the food pantry plan to stop in..
ML
Meredith lady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meredith lady For This Useful Post:
Just Sold (07-31-2010), RLW (07-31-2010)