Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2005, 10:48 AM   #1
Gatto Nero

Thumbs up Woodshed Restaurant wins Best of NH Award

I could agree more. Great place. Congratulations.

http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll...170/-1/CITIZEN
Old 08-20-2005, 04:45 PM   #2
Lakegeezer

Thumbs up Well Deserved

The Woodshed has had its variable days over the last 15 years - but when we went this year, the quality was at a peak. Great place - worth seeking out!
Old 08-20-2005, 09:31 PM   #3
KonaChick

We haven't been in a few years because of the poor quailty of food and service we received over a 2 year period a few years back (we went 3 times). My husband will never go again so we'll never know if it's improved or not. My money goes to Coe House and Canoe! Consistently good.
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 05:28 PM   #4
phoenix

went again two nights ago and it was great ----to each their own
Old 08-22-2005, 05:59 AM   #5
spnr bug

Smile woodshed

I have been to many (but not all) of the restaurants in the Lakes region. IMHO the Woodshed is the absolute best, followed by Canoe. The most friendly I have found is Waldo Peppers. Pepper is the greatest. I'll be back to all three next spring when my buddy and I come up for out annual 2 week fishing trip. Bye the way, I love this forum and all the people who participate. Thanks Don. Have a happy day everyone.

P.S. I seldom post, but I lurk almost every day.
Spnr Bug.
spnr bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2005, 06:36 AM   #6
TomC

Default I kind of find it hard to believe..

..the Woodshed is the BEST (best!) restaurant in NH. I find it OK, maybe better than average, but really expensive. I went there earlier this summer with 5 people (3 adults, 2 school age children) and because there is no children's menu, the tab came to over $150.00. that's some territory, and everything should be approaching superb for that kind of bill...
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:58 AM   #7
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Arrow Woodshed

I'm really not crazy about the Woodshed. I had visit the establishment over the years and they had their ups and downs. They are a little pricey for what you get. Lately I find The Corner House in Sandwich Village a bargain for what you get. It may be a drive but the countryside is beautiful!
Old 08-23-2005, 12:27 PM   #8
Lockness

Default Canoe

If I had to rate a very fine resturant in NH it would be Canoe in Center Harbor. No comparison to the Woodshed. I've eaten numerous times at both places and the Canoe has it all. Canoe should have gotten the award!!
Lockness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:07 AM   #9
PROPELLER

Remember this is not some food critics opinion. This award is based on polls conducted of customers who have eaten there. People like all of us. Apparently more people liked The Woodshed than any other restaurant.

Also remember that this is an award for all of NH. Don't be so shortsighted that only the Lakes Region has good restaurants. I know of other restuarants that are as good as Canoe, The Coe House, The Woodshed if not better IMHO that are not in the Lakes Region. North Conway has some excellent restaurants as does the Sea Coast and other regions of NH. But only 1 can win.

Congratulations to The Woodshed.
PROPELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:33 PM   #10
Dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROPELLER
Also remember that this is an award for all of NH.
Actually the question was based towards the "lakes region." While I have enjoyed the woodshed, I have noticed a change in the food. Someone had informed me that a main componant in the kitchen had left. Not sure who or what position they had in the place, but I have personally noticed a change in not only taste, but the amount of time it takes for my food to arrive in the past month or so. This information came from a waitress that has waited on me a LONG time and when I came into an issue informed me of the changes that we taking place in the kitchen.

Hope the food stays as great as it always was, and the last couple of times I was there was a fluke. But have a feeling that something drastic has taken over!
Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 07:37 AM   #11
PROPELLER

Dogg, I stand corrected. The article did say the question was to choose the best lakes region restaurant. However, the article is also a little misleading when in the 1st paragraph it says the award was for the best of NH.
PROPELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 09:13 PM   #12
Skooter

Thumbs down Woodshed

So after seeing the thread, we thought we would give the Woodshed another try last week. As some of the other posts had noted, the quality over the past few years has not been consistant, but we thought we would give it another try. The food was OK..certainly not as good as Canoe. Service was friendly, but very slow. The evening was more expensive than the food or service warranted.

The thing that will keep me from ever going back there again was not necessarily the food or the cost, though both are good enough reasons on their own. As we were sitting at dinner, my eyes and nose started to water. Figuring I was coming down with something, I did not think much of it until we were leaving the restaurant. On the way out, I saw a living and breathing cat lounging on the stairs just past the hostess station. Since I am very allergic to cats, I beleive it was the cat that was making my eyes and nose run (yes it cleared up after leaving the building).

No more Woodshed for us...
Skooter is offline   Reply With Quote