Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2019, 07:15 AM   #1
upthesaukee
Senior Member
 
upthesaukee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Alton Bay
Posts: 4,771
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 1,477
Thanked 1,462 Times in 799 Posts
Default It's Happened!

It's happened! Our beloved FLL , living the life on the Walmart side of the lake, has reached 6,000 posts!

Agree with him or not, that is a lot of time spent on this website. Congrats, FLL👍.

Dave
__________________
I Live Here... I am always UPTHESAUKEE !!!!
upthesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to upthesaukee For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (03-27-2019), FlyingScot (03-30-2019), pondguy (03-26-2019), Slickcraft (03-26-2019), trfour (03-26-2019)
Old 03-26-2019, 07:38 AM   #2
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 2,246
Thanks: 483
Thanked 577 Times in 389 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
It's happened! Our beloved FLL , living the life on the Walmart side of the lake, has reached 6,000 posts!

Agree with him or not, that is a lot of time spent on this website. Congrats, FLL.

Dave
Yes he does but many posts seem they are there just to rack up the number.


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
Biggd (03-26-2019)
Old 03-26-2019, 12:35 PM   #3
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 1,948
Thanks: 593
Thanked 385 Times in 264 Posts
Default

The fllibuster!
Biggd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:59 PM   #4
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,503
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 199
Thanked 522 Times in 393 Posts
Default

.....truth be told ..... and, you will probably find this hard to believe ..... but, I have been dead and buried for the last 16-years ..... since May 2003, about the same time the Old Man on the Mountain crashed off his cliff....

.....down here ..... six feet underground, it can get pretty boring, so's writing all these 6000 posts has been way better than just being dead and buried .... what's I really need is a good, cold glass of Guinness ....... cheers!
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:51 PM   #5
Not to Worry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 122
Thanks: 48
Thanked 39 Times in 32 Posts
Default Beloved??

That would not be the first word that comes to my mind. Ignore, delete, block come to mind but beloved....not.
Not to Worry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Not to Worry For This Useful Post:
Biggd (03-27-2019), Top-Water (03-27-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2019, 09:03 AM   #6
webmaster
Moderator
 
webmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,184
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 326
Thanked 2,767 Times in 656 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not to Worry View Post
That would not be the first word that comes to my mind. Ignore, delete, block come to mind but beloved....not.
It appears to me that many members enjoy his quirky posts. They have been part of the fabric of this forum for over 20 years. When he was absent from the forum for a month last year because of a password problem I received many messages asking where he was. Very few members have blocked him but you can if you can't tolerate his posts.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
Barney Bear (03-28-2019), BroadHopper (03-27-2019), Just Sold (03-28-2019), kawishiwi (03-27-2019), moose tracks (03-27-2019), Paugus Bay Resident (03-27-2019), TiltonBB (03-27-2019), Top-Water (03-27-2019), trfour (03-27-2019), upthesaukee (03-27-2019)
Old 03-27-2019, 11:34 AM   #7
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 1,948
Thanks: 593
Thanked 385 Times in 264 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
It appears to me that many members enjoy his quirky posts. They have been part of the fabric of this forum for over 20 years. When he was absent from the forum for a month last year because of a password problem I received many messages asking where he was. Very few members have blocked him but you can if you can't tolerate his posts.
No one wishes him any harm and I think everyone was truly worried that something had happened to him.
BUT, I do wish he would just add something worthwhile to the threads rather than just ramble on about nothing just because he has no one else to talk to. It distracts from the original purpose of the thread.


It's much better when he starts his own nonsense thread because it starts out as nonsense and you don't have to try and make any sense of it because it ends up being all nonsense.
JMHO, you can remove it if you think it's offensive.
Biggd is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post:
brk-lnt (03-27-2019), joey2665 (03-27-2019), Top-Water (03-27-2019)
Old 03-27-2019, 05:05 PM   #8
Top-Water
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Derry-Belmont
Posts: 731
Thanks: 468
Thanked 298 Times in 166 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post

It's much better when he starts his own nonsense thread because it starts out as nonsense and you don't have to try and make any sense of it because it ends up being all nonsense.


Double thanks for those thoughts.
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:27 PM   #9
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
.....truth be told ..... and, you will probably find this hard to believe ..... but, I have been dead and buried for the last 16-years ..... since May 2003, about the same time the Old Man on the Mountain crashed off his cliff....

.....down here ..... six feet underground, it can get pretty boring, so's writing all these 6000 posts has been way better than just being dead and buried .... what's I really need is a good, cold glass of Guinness ....... cheers!
A lot of grocery stores deliver to your home now. Send one of them an email and ask to have a six pack of cold Guinness delivered to your grave yard home.
__________________
It's never crowded along the extra mile.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:54 PM   #10
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,540
Thanks: 687
Thanked 703 Times in 417 Posts
Default

FLL's got 6000 posts, and y'all have 6001 complaining about him. 30% of the time, he adds to the discussion; overlook the other 70%!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
Just Sold (03-28-2019), Paugus Bay Resident (03-28-2019), Slickcraft (03-28-2019), trfour (03-28-2019), upthesaukee (03-28-2019), webmaster (03-28-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 07:34 AM   #11
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,503
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 199
Thanked 522 Times in 393 Posts
Default

...... not much to say here ...... except 'no comment' ..... yawn-yawn-yawn- and yawn .....
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:35 AM   #12
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 1,948
Thanks: 593
Thanked 385 Times in 264 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
...... not much to say here ...... except 'no comment' ..... yawn-yawn-yawn- and yawn .....
Possibly your best post ever!

Last edited by Biggd; 03-28-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Biggd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:52 PM   #13
trfour
Senior Member
 
trfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Lakes, Central NH. and Dallas/Fort Worth TX.
Posts: 3,490
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 2,589
Thanked 431 Times in 208 Posts
Thumbs up

Way to go FLL!




PS, Aftah all the eating this wintah, I'm happy to report that my flip flops still fit.
I will go away now.
Attached Images
 
__________________
trfour

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 07:10 AM   #14
Not to Worry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 122
Thanks: 48
Thanked 39 Times in 32 Posts
Default Fll

Just saw the post from the Webmaster. I have already said I am not a fan. I chose not to block but as a rule I do not read the posts. Too often I begin to read before I notice who posted. Maybe FLL is a frustrated standup comedian...yet I find his humor humorless. Nothing ever adds to the conversation Again IMHO. Most peoples posts more or less follow our general way of looking at the world and these come out in our posts. For example the recent posts about a boathouse. First post tells the story...... then comes the neighbor bashing until one post clarifies the story....what does FLL add? Something about the lawn. The 2 seconds I read that before I realized it was FLL are 2 seconds of wasted time.

Nothing personal about FLL OTHER than the posts he put out about someones death (I think it was suicide). Those posts were cruel and for me showed the man behind the Walmart clown mask was not a nice man.

*I did a quick search and cannot find his original post but there are enough comments in the thread that quote him.
Not to Worry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Not to Worry For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (03-30-2019), Top-Water (03-30-2019)
Old 03-30-2019, 07:25 AM   #15
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,540
Thanks: 687
Thanked 703 Times in 417 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not to Worry View Post
Just saw the post from the Webmaster. I have already said I am not a fan. I chose not to block but as a rule I do not read the posts. Too often I begin to read before I notice who posted. Maybe FLL is a frustrated standup comedian...yet I find his humor humorless. Nothing ever adds to the conversation Again IMHO. Most peoples posts more or less follow our general way of looking at the world and these come out in our posts. For example the recent posts about a boathouse. First post tells the story...... then comes the neighbor bashing until one post clarifies the story....what does FLL add? Something about the lawn. The 2 seconds I read that before I realized it was FLL are 2 seconds of wasted time.

Nothing personal about FLL OTHER than the posts he put out about someones death (I think it was suicide). Those posts were cruel and for me showed the man behind the Walmart clown mask was not a nice man.

*I did a quick search and cannot find his original post but there are enough comments in the thread that quote him.
6002.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:34 AM   #16
Not to Worry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 122
Thanks: 48
Thanked 39 Times in 32 Posts
Default I am lost

What does 6002 mean?
Not to Worry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:32 AM   #17
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 2,246
Thanks: 483
Thanked 577 Times in 389 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not to Worry View Post
What does 6002 mean?
The number of posts by FLL


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:58 AM   #18
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,540
Thanks: 687
Thanked 703 Times in 417 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
The number of posts by FLL


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Actually, a reference to my joke above about there being more complaints about FLL's posts than his actual posts.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:03 AM   #19
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 2,246
Thanks: 483
Thanked 577 Times in 389 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Actually, a reference to my joke above about there being more complaints about FLL's posts than his actual posts.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
Sorry I am joking also, I thought I put a but must have hit the reply too fast


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:25 AM   #20
pondguy
Senior Member
 
pondguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Meredith
Posts: 215
Thanks: 257
Thanked 51 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
.....truth be told ..... and, you will probably find this hard to believe ..... but, I have been dead and buried for the last 16-years ..... since May 2003, about the same time the Old Man on the Mountain crashed off his cliff....

.....down here ..... six feet underground, it can get pretty boring, so's writing all these 6000 posts has been way better than just being dead and buried .... what's I really need is a good, cold glass of Guinness ....... cheers!
For those of you who don't like FLL's posts don't read them, this is like kicking a dead horse.
pondguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.35993 seconds