Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2018, 09:31 AM   #1
Old Hubbard Rd

Default Consolidated Communications FKA Fair point

OMG I am fit to be tied!! I placed an order with this stupid company over 2 weeks ago and they gave me the date of install of today and that I needed to be available all day. I had to day day off from work. I drove 117 miles to get here for the install and I have no idea what possessed me to call them just now as I have heard nothing from the installer. They tell me that they are NOT coming today and that there was a problem on their end. Then they connected me with a supervisor in Maine named DONNY who was absolutely useless! My current service that I pay for with this company is terrible and so much slower internet than what I am paying for. SO FRUSTRATING that people can run a business like this. Stay away from CONSOLIDATED COMMUNICATIONS!!
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:46 AM   #2
The Real BigGuy

Every spring (Fairpoint or Consolidated) I cal to have my internet taken off seasonal hold and the schedule it for before I get to the island (they don’t need to come out) Every time I get there it isn’t working. I call get put on hold then they come back and say “for some reason the work order was scheduled but never actually executed.” This year I asked when my billing start date was and the CC person seemed surprised when I told her that it shouldn’t start on the original agreed date but needed to be corrected to the actual start date. DUH!!

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Real BigGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:53 AM   #3
September

Thumbs down

The same thing happened to me. It's been four weeks now of "the work order was rejected; we're working on it."
September is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:44 PM   #4
TheProfessor

New England Telephone ultimately sold all land lines.
And became Verizon.

Fairpoint went bankrupt. And the new company is getting by on the skinny.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 06:07 PM   #5
garysanfran

Default A communications company...

That doesn't communicate?

Why would anyone think of buying their product?
garysanfran is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2018, 10:22 AM   #6
uschisk

Default Consolidated - contact person.

I had a great deal of difficulty getting it installed, and there is a thread on the cottage topic list. After two separate install dates that I came up and they did not, slickcraft give me contact information for the local team, and once I reach them it was no problem. We scheduled, they came and installed, and it’s working flawlessly. Supervisors name is Darlene, and her number is 759-4492. She said to give her number out, apparently a lot of people are having trouble with the corporate customer service, but she and her team are extremely helpful.
uschisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:45 PM   #7
chasedawg

Default Sorry I can't help you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uschisk View Post
I had a great deal of difficulty getting it installed, and there is a thread on the cottage topic list. After two separate install dates that I came up and they did not, slickcraft give me contact information for the local team, and once I reach them it was no problem. We scheduled, they came and installed, and it’s working flawlessly. Supervisors name is Darlene, and her number is 759-4492. She said to give her number out, apparently a lot of people are having trouble with the corporate customer service, but she and her team are extremely helpful.
Thanks uschisk, We have been without internet for two weeks. Promises but only get no show. Called Darlene's number she is on vacation. Her greeting suggested calling a Matt. Wife called Matt. His response "Sorry I can't help you!" He then added that Consolidated Communications bought a $100K boat this Spring to service the islands. But we only have 2 people to service the islands. Good luck. Hopefully we will get a more positive response from Darlene when she returns from vaca.
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:57 PM   #8
SachemIslander

Default Internet Speed

Any islander managing to get more than 2.5 mbps internet speed? A couple years ago Fairpoint told me that they could only get us 3 mbps download speed over DSL because we are too far from the Central Office. Anyone aware of them upgrading equipment or having new offerings?
SachemIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:13 PM   #9
chasedawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SachemIslander View Post
Any islander managing to get more than 2.5 mbps internet speed? A couple years ago Fairpoint told me that they could only get us 3 mbps download speed over DSL because we are too far from the Central Office. Anyone aware of them upgrading equipment or having new offerings?
NOPE! That is all we get. Don't expect anything better coming down the line.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:18 PM   #10
chasedawg

Default CC service update

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedawg View Post
Thanks uschisk, We have been without internet for two weeks. Promises but only get no show. Called Darlene's number she is on vacation. Her greeting suggested calling a Matt. Wife called Matt. His response "Sorry I can't help you!" He then added that Consolidated Communications bought a $100K boat this Spring to service the islands. But we only have 2 people to service the islands. Good luck. Hopefully we will get a more positive response from Darlene when she returns from vaca.
Called Matt back. He said they are testing our line from mainland. The substation is in Wolfeboro. That is 8 miles from our place and 1/2 mile underwater. Good luck with that. Matt said they will call you to let you know if they were able to repair or whatever. If not their new boat will be dispatched to us tomorrow. HA! we will see....
Old 07-02-2018, 03:49 PM   #11
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Four days late

Two guys, one boat showed up this morning (Monday) Originally, we expected them Wednesday, then Thursday, "before 6 PM." Called a couple of times and the rep just said they couldn't get there today, they'll come tomorrow before 6 pm. They don't call to say "You're next" "We're on our way from Rattlesnake" or wherever.
This morning, after a few minutes, they determined a problem on the mainland and somebody flipped the switch. Slow internet is back. Now they can put in the order for an upgrade, and come back on the 10th to install a new router. Why can I install a router at home, but I c an't do it at camp? And I have to rent their router.
For Gary San Fran: We buy their product because there is no competition.

The billing dept seems to work pretty well. I've received prompt bills for all requested services.
I'll likely complain to the Public Utilities Commission, after I've actually received service.
Descant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:55 PM   #12
Descant

According to ther techs who came this am. They will be the same people who come next week to install the router. The sales dept (router) could not explain why the repair dept (no signal) could not schedule the two jobs in one call, except, " we have to get signal before we can put in the extra work order. If they have their own boat, I would expect it to be stocked with parts, right?
Old 07-02-2018, 06:10 PM   #13
The Real BigGuy

I just ran Speedtest and got 13.1 down & 1.07 up from my Consolidated DSL

Old 07-02-2018, 07:39 PM   #14
The Real BigGuy

Just ran again in prime time: 2.59 down, 1.02 up. No that’s more like what I expected!

Old 07-03-2018, 08:59 AM   #15
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SachemIslander View Post
Last year I had Fairpoint upgrade my DSL to 7 mbps on Welch Island. When I speed test it, it is consistently at 7, no more no less...

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 07-03-2018 at 01:35 PM.
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:06 AM   #16
chasedawg

Default I stand corrected

Quote:
Called Matt back. He said they are testing our line from mainland. The substation is in Wolfeboro. That is 8 miles from our place and 1/2 mile underwater. Good luck with that. Matt said they will call you to let you know if they were able to repair or whatever. If not their new boat will be dispatched to us tomorrow. HA! we will see....
CC repair guys showed up this morning at 9:30 in a beautiful 22' Eastern with 115 HP Yamaha. The Eastern is stocked with spare parts, etc. CC stood by their word. The guys asked how long have you been waiting. I said 2 weeks. They said that is about right. We are 2 weeks behind.

He said it has been crazy. I asked why? He said CC is investing in upgraded service on the mainline and now are putting higher speed 4 wire internet cabling to all the islands. Just the 2 of us are doing the upgrade. I asked what kind of upgrade speed should we expect when installed. He said you should see up grade from your 3MB to 20MB!

So CC is putting some serious money in the upgrading. They guys installed new 4 wire and ran it all the way back to the pole. Plus gave us a new router and out side box. So that answers the question are there any new services in the pipeline. There sure is...Thank you CC. We will be patient and look forward to next year when the upgrade is available for us.
The Following User Says Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post:
SaukeeToMe (08-29-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 09:42 AM   #17
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
CC repair guys showed up this morning at 9:30 in a beautiful 22' Eastern with 115 HP Yamaha. The Eastern is stocked with spare parts, etc. CC stood by their word. The guys asked how long have you been waiting. I said 2 weeks. They said that is about right. We are 2 weeks behind.

He said it has been crazy. I asked why? He said CC is investing in upgraded service on the mainline and now are putting higher speed 4 wire internet cabling to all the islands. Just the 2 of us are doing the upgrade. I asked what kind of upgrade speed should we expect when installed. He said you should see up grade from your 3MB to 20MB!

So CC is putting some serious money in the upgrading. They guys installed new 4 wire and ran it all the way back to the pole. Plus gave us a new router and out side box. So that answers the question are there any new services in the pipeline. There sure is...Thank you CC. We will be patient and look forward to next year when the upgrade is available for us.
Here's hoping that they don't go belly up between now and then!
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:34 PM   #18
uschisk

Default Island speeds

With our new service now, we have 9.2-9.9 down , 2 upload on Mark.
uschisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:56 PM   #19
Sundancer320

Are they doing anything on Chase Island?
Sundancer320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:35 AM   #20
Descant

Quote:

This all sounds like good news. As islanders, I think we understand about delays in service. However, CC should be more forthcoming in their scheduling and let us know it will be 3-4 days instead of telling us "Today" three days in a row and showing up on day 4. I'm sure the guys doing the work are not responsible for whatever the dispatcher says. I recall when PSNH was fixing storm damage years ago, they sent a crew to do island by island (there weren't as many with electricity then) and we knew they'd get to us on Tuesday or whenever.
Isn't it the certainty of timing/planning that's important, more than "three moire days".
They get extra credit BTW for working on weekends.
The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post:
bayviewguy (12-24-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 06:27 PM   #21
SaukeeToMe

Default Rattlesnake Internet Speed update?

Any updates on the Consolidated Communications speed on Rattlesnake? Has the new 4-wire cable "upgrade" been completed?
SaukeeToMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 08:41 AM   #22
MV1

Default Consolidated Service

Seems like every time we get a 1-2 inch rainstorm I loose my phone & internet..called Consolidated & was told 4-5 day's to check out..when I had the internet installed the tech did warn me the lines on the street were 50+ years old & in bad shape. Also in this section of Meredith we are have the signal strength is week....Anyone else with the same problem???
MV1 is offline   Reply With Quote