Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-15-2004, 07:05 PM   #1
Tanman

Default I need help

I have a wurlitzer 3 keyboard organ with synthesizer and cassette recorder that I would love to donate to a church, school or to someone that would love to learn to play. I will be remodeling my home and no longer play it. I've made many phone calls to local churches with no luck. Does anyone out there know of anybody that could use it? I do not have a truck, so you'd have to come pick it up, the sooner the better. I live in Moultonboro. If you need more info, my number is (603) 253-7874. Thanks for any help any one can give me.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 08:49 AM   #2
Lady Di

Default What about calling a Hospice facility

or Goodwill, or something similar? Good luck. Thrift stores like those kinds of donations.
Lady Di is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 10:37 PM   #3
WeirsBeachBoater

Default Organ donor...

Couldn't resist the title sorry. On a serious note, how large is this organ? Is it fully functional and how much do you want for it?
WeirsBeachBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 12:03 AM   #4
Rob

Default winnipesaukee.com classifieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirsBeachBoater
Couldn't resist the title sorry. On a serious note, how large is this organ? Is it fully functional and how much do you want for it?
Have you tried posting on the winnipesaukee.com classifieds? I didn't see your ad there, which is why I am asking. There are other free online classified services as well, of course, but this is a good place to start. Since your post mentioned that you want to donate this organ, I would certainly put the word 'free' in the title.

There are many music students in the Boston area, and there is a good Boston area classified paper called the Want Advertiser. www.thewantad.com

You could also try berklee college of music in boston at www.berklee.edu

A student in need of a free organ will undoubtedly be able to find a way to get it out of your house and into theirs.

It's been my experience that fully functional organs are in high demand. I already have one, but I'm sure that you will have no problem finding a happy home for yours.

Good Luck!

Rob
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 06:28 AM   #5
NonVoting Taxpayer

You can donate it to Huggins Hospital. They would auction it off next August during their street festival. Not sure if their shed is open for donations this time of year, but you could call and find out if they would take it. The shed is located on 109A on the left as you go toward Wolfboro after the lumber yard right before the bend in the road. This also would give you a tax deduction.
NonVoting Taxpayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links