Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Would you purchase a PhotoPost calendar?
No, I am not interested. 6 12.77%
Yes, I would purchase one. 41 87.23%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2004, 08:39 AM   #1
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Arrow PhotoPost Calendars Poll

Curious about how much interest there is in a PhotoPost calendar. Thanks.

Last edited by Rattlesnake Gal; 09-15-2004 at 09:48 AM. Reason: unwanted text - thanks Don!
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 09:31 AM   #2
Rattlesnake Gal

Default Reason for coming back to this issue

I guess there should be an explanation for the re-visitation of this subject. (Don’t like to beat dead horses.) Anyway, while looking around the other day I came across, what appears to be, a great site to put together a professional looking fundraising Calendar. The fundraising prices are better than any I have come upon in the past. Some places that have been looked at in the past would put the cost of the calendar to the consumer at $35 - $40. That seemed way too high a price. The place I found, we could sell the calendars for around $25 and come away with a decent profit per.
If there is a true interest of at least 100 people or more, the next steps could be taken. For example, should the calendar feature only 13 pictures, one cover and one for each month? Should we try to put several to a page? Should there be advertising? Should there be events listed? (Yikes, that could be a big job!) How do we go about choosing the pictures, people submitting photos to be voted on? Should it just be just one or two people from the PhotoPost using his or her own pictures? So many things to consider! The size of the calendar is a consideration and the material it is printed on. Prices are quoted for quantities of 26 – 100, 101-200, 201-300 and 301-500, plus shipping and handling. Each quantity jump results in a cheaper price. Then the other consideration would be how to sell them. Pre-sell? (That way no one gets stuck with the bill and only what is needed gets printed.) Have copies left to sell in stores or have an order form on the site? Not an easy project to organize.
So once we see the results for this first poll, if it is favorable, there will be following polls.
Thanks for your cooperation. If the interest isn’t there we can really let this subject die!
Old 09-15-2004, 09:58 AM   #3
Rob

I think it is a fantastic idea, assuming that we could get it done before the holiday season, as I wouldn't mind giving some as gifts.

I would like to suggest that each forum member be allowed to submit a certain number of photographs, and then we all vote on the 12 that we like the best. Or, we could have categories, like sunsets, boats, people, animals, and select two or three from each category.

Since I suspect that many of the photos we see on the photopost section are digital, we might want to have some kind of minimum pixel size. Since calendar photos will be at least 8x10, some of the photos taken by older cameras with low resolution might not look good when enlarged.

Also, while I like the idea of profits going to support the site, perhaps a portion of the profits could be donated to a lake related (or at least local) charity.

Rob
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 12:06 PM   #4
GWC...

Wink Our goal is to raise $1200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
I think it is a fantastic idea, assuming that we could get it done before the holiday season, as I wouldn't mind giving some as gifts.

Also, while I like the idea of profits going to support the site, perhaps a portion of the profits could be donated to a lake related (or at least local) charity.

Rob
Great idea; but how about taking care of the original project, first – the Webmaster’s Dream Cam?

The fund total as of September 21, 2004 is $557.75.

Call me crazy; but the fund is seriously short of its goal and the Webmaster should realize his Dream Cam before the snow flies. Remember, the cost does not include installation – the Webmaster must endure the elements to intall it, before it truly becomes a reality.

Now, if the calendars sold for $1000.00 each, your idea of being charitable to other Lake situations would become viable – your choice.

RG, another poll seems to be needed - to pay or not to pay $1000.00 each...

Last edited by GWC...; 09-24-2004 at 11:32 AM.
GWC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 01:29 PM   #5
Rattlesnake Gal

After the Dream Cam becomes a reality, perhaps we should take a look at Snake Eyes and The Bear Cam. They should not be shouldering the entire financial burden out of their pockets. Not sure of their set ups.
First things first, so far there have been over 70 viewers to this poll only 15 have taken it. Talking about what to do with the money could very well be a moot point.
Rob, you have great ideas. Thanks for the enthusiasm and encouragement. Time will tell. What we need is a benefactor. Anyone have Mr. Bahre’s telephone number?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2004, 04:27 PM   #6
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts

....or maybe some tasteful advertising to help defray the cost? I think it is a great idea. Let me know how I can help out
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 06:44 PM   #7
Smith Point

Thumbs up

Grate idea RG, but I think the photos should be of different times of the year like, July maybe fire works on the lake, and February Ice fishing derby etc.
All the proceads of the calendars should go to the webmaster! What a excellent job he is doing with this sight I didn’t like the new format at first but it is so well organized and laid out how can you not like it. Good Job Webmaster Good Job.
Smith Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 07:46 PM   #8
KTO

I thinks it's a good idea, but maybe the photos should be voted on by forum members.
KTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 02:54 AM   #9
gtxrider

Default Good idea!

There may be others like me who only get to spend a short amount of time on the lake and a calendar with photo post pictures could bring the lake to us.
gtxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:48 AM   #10
lakegirl

Wink Keep up the Good Work!!

RG... you have lots of great ideas as usual!! I wish I could be as motivated as you. Keep up the good work and let me know if I can help with anything. And to everyone else... please make a donation to help get the dream cam set up!!!
Old 09-16-2004, 08:27 AM   #11
islandAl

Default nice idea

my vote would be No ads and limit the pictures to one per person (in that way 13 people have a vested interest)
islandAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 11:18 AM   #12
ddemers

Default Sounds like a great idea!

Count me in.
ddemers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 04:45 PM   #13
rrr

Default Great Idea!

RG-

When doing your count - please keep in mind that some of us will order more than one!
rrr is offline   Reply With Quote