Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2020, 03:48 PM   #1
webmaster

Thanked 3,697 Times in 820 Posts
Default Youtube TV Price Bumped 30%

From past threads we see that lots of you have switched to Youtube TV, including me. Today they announced a 30% price increase, from $49.99/month to $64.99/month. It's probably still worth it but...yikes!
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (06-30-2020), DBreskin (06-30-2020), upthesaukee (06-30-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 03:58 PM   #2
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Still good

Still a good call. 85+ channels with unlimited DVR, data saves up to 9 mos mnk up to 6 accts per household, 3 concurrent streams, no contract, no hidden fees.

Dave
Old 06-30-2020, 06:00 PM   #3
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
Still a good call. 85+ channels with unlimited DVR, data saves up to 9 mos mnk up to 6 accts per household, 3 concurrent streams, no contract, no hidden fees.

Dave
I have to agree but sort on choked on the new price and added junk channels.

Quote:
Today we are also adding more of ViacomCBS’s family of channels to YouTube TV, which includes 8 of your favorites: BET, CMT, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, TV Land, and VH1.
Now something useful like the Weather Channel would have been appreciated.

Alan
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slickcraft For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (06-30-2020), Hillcountry (06-30-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 06:43 PM   #4
Loub52

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
From past threads we see that lots of you have switched to Youtube TV, including me. Today they announced a 30% price increase, from $49.99/month to $64.99/month. It's probably still worth it but...yikes!
The price bump is truly steep, though they’ve added several new channels in an attempt to soften the blow (a little). Regarding Slickcraft’s post on the weather channel, If you have Roku, I recently stumbled upon Weather Nation, available free to Roku subscribers. Weather Nation also has a good app.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:59 PM   #5
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loub52 View Post
The price bump is truly steep, though they’ve added several new channels in an attempt to soften the blow (a little). Regarding Slickcraft’s post on the weather channel, If you have Roku, I recently stumbled upon Weather Nation, available free to Roku subscribers. Weather Nation also has a good app.
Yes good point. We did notice Weather Nation which is pretty good. There is quite a bit of stuff on the ROKU channel; much of which we have not looked at yet.

Alan
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slickcraft For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (06-30-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2020, 09:42 PM   #6
tummyman

Started YouTubeTV service 5 days ago after free trial and then got the "blast" with the price increase. Sure was short lived euphoria. I was depressed to see the extra 15 channels....mostly junk. Really took the wind out of our enthusiasm, as the original group of 70 channels was pretty good. We'll stick with it as we like its' performance. But the increase and the "sell" with 15 more junky channels is not what we expected from YouTubeTV. I think they punted this one. Maybe they will move in the future to have some sort of a la carte options that can save us money by bundling what we want and tossing the junk. But 30% increase doesn't seem justified. Sad way to start a relationship after tossing Spectrum.
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:31 AM   #7
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummyman View Post
Started YouTubeTV service 5 days ago after free trial and then got the "blast" with the price increase. Sure was short lived euphoria. I was depressed to see the extra 15 channels....mostly junk. Really took the wind out of our enthusiasm, as the original group of 70 channels was pretty good. We'll stick with it as we like its' performance. But the increase and the "sell" with 15 more junky channels is not what we expected from YouTubeTV. I think they punted this one. Maybe they will move in the future to have some sort of a la carte options that can save us money by bundling what we want and tossing the junk. But 30% increase doesn't seem justified. Sad way to start a relationship after tossing Spectrum.
I agree. We haven't had it a year yet and it was like a face slap...I can imagine what you feel just having set it up...Seems the TV companies have us by the short hairs any way you look at it...
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 07:09 AM   #8
tummyman

Just an update. Was surprised to see my billing last week that still has not reflected the new price increase. Not sure what is going on with that. However, after a month of viewing, I must say that YouTubeTV is FABULOUS. Have not missed Spectrum one bit. Since we also have another property out of state with Verizon FIOS, we cancelled both cable TV services...Spectrum and FIOS. Actual savings amount to $1200 per year between the two accounts plus even got a discount on my Verizon Cell Phones to boot. Even with just Spectrum vs. paying for YouTube, we saved money. Have not encountered a single channel that we were/are desperate to have. Love the news as well as all the sports channels. YouTubeTV is a SOLID purchase ! In MA, we did not have a Smart TV, but the work around was to hook up a ROKU and it worked perfectly. No issues, no extra costs for boxes, etc. etc. Worth a serious look in my opinion.
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:36 AM   #9
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default 2 channels for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummyman View Post
Just an update. Was surprised to see my billing last week that still has not reflected the new price increase. Not sure what is going on with that. However, after a month of viewing, I must say that YouTubeTV is FABULOUS. Have not missed Spectrum one bit. Since we also have another property out of state with Verizon FIOS, we cancelled both cable TV services...Spectrum and FIOS. Actual savings amount to $1200 per year between the two accounts plus even got a discount on my Verizon Cell Phones to boot. Even with just Spectrum vs. paying for YouTube, we saved money. Have not encountered a single channel that we were/are desperate to have. Love the news as well as all the sports channels. YouTubeTV is a SOLID purchase ! In MA, we did not have a Smart TV, but the work around was to hook up a ROKU and it worked perfectly. No issues, no extra costs for boxes, etc. etc. Worth a serious look in my opinion.
When were made the switch to YouTubeTV, the were two channels we missed. One was MeTV and the other was the History channel. MeTV for the oldies, and History for a good deal of their programming, especially Forged in Fire.

We keep hoping to see additions to YTTV, maybe one of these days, especially for the latter.

Dave
Old 07-31-2020, 08:51 AM   #10
fatlazyless

For watching tv when it has too many commercials and not enough interesting content, You Tube tv lets you watch two tv's or two lap tops at the same time.

So's, you get to view both Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow at the same time, live, side by side .......

Ditto that for watching two tennis matches simultaneously ...... ha-ha-ha ..... ..

Plus, maybe 30-40% of all commercials get blocked out and replaced with a You Tube tv screen filler short probably because the advertiser is a no-pay ..... and no-pay makes it a no-play.