Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2017, 08:30 PM   #1
zmanbeast

Default Hart's Turkey Farm

Picked up Dinner To Go tonight. Enjoyed an adult beverage while I waited for my to go order. Wife had the 8oz Angus Burger.....loved it. I had the Turkey Tips with Mushrooms and Onions.....cooked perfectly and delicious!Side of Onion Rings.....crispy and tasty!

Grabbed quart containers of Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and Squash for tomorrow. Love Hart's Turkey Farm!!!

Check out the new Bar when you can, very quaint and nice.
zmanbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:17 PM   #2
SteveO123

Been hearing on the radio about the tavern... anyone been yet?
SteveO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 06:41 AM   #3
FlyingScot

Smile Yes!

I love Hart's--it's one of my favorite restaurants in the world. On the surface, there's nothing special or distinguishing about it, but there's something incredibly comforting about tucking into Thanksgiving dinner with the family in June (or July...or October...).

Alas,we cant go as much as we used to because they have not figured out how to manage diners with nut allergies. Last time we had to leave before ordering because it was clear from our waitress that our allergic friend would be taking a risk.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:34 AM   #4
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

Their frozen turkey pies are the best on the planet. All natural ingredients and the meat is always juicy. We've tried all the typical supermarket brands and nothing else even comes close.
Always pick one up with some extra gravy when the grandkids stop by
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 06:53 PM   #5
jetlag100

Default Harts Turkey Farm

Whenever I'm just in the mood for a meal that won't play with my stomach, I go to Hart's and get their turkey dinner...YUM....never dissapointed
jetlag100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2017, 07:15 PM   #6
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Their frozen turkey pies are the best on the planet. All natural ingredients and the meat is always juicy. We've tried all the typical supermarket brands and nothing else even comes close.
Always pick one up with some extra gravy when the grandkids stop by
They are pretty good (bought a half dozen to get a free one once) but I would prefer an "all white meat" version which they do not offer...☹️
Hillcountry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:13 AM   #7
MeredithMan

Default Their Friday Night Buffet is amazing....

I believe that they only do it in the off-season, (something like Oct/Nov - May), but their Friday night buffet is excellent, and quite a deal. One Friday last November, we were feeling like turkey, so we went over around 5:30....the place was packed! The server told us that they do the Friday night buffet during the off-season to keep people coming in. If I recall correctly, it was low to mid $20's and included a turkey carving station, (a real bird); prime rib carving station; a salmon dish; a pasta dish; all the usual turkey sides, (mashed potatoes, stuffing, butternut squash, etc); and two desserts...a chocolate truffle and something else that I can't remember.
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:56 AM   #8
jacka82942

Smile great meal last night

went there with 4 grandkids. everything was very good. waitress was amazing. the place was filled with families and everyone was totally under control.
you can never go wrong with the turkey dinner. we couldn't eat it all
jacka82942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:17 PM   #9
garysanfran

Default My recent experience was...

Fantastic! Had the medium turkey plate. Much better than I remembered from past visits.

I watched the staff bustling about, even though it wasn't very busy...Brought back memories of me working there when I was 16 (long time ago). The current owner, Russell Hart, Jr. was a busboy like me, but acted like my boss (the real boss was his father, Russell Sr.). I quit after 3 days.

The new bar is also really nice. A very inviting lounge.

When I want my turkey fix, I'll pay more than what George's Diner charges and go visit Russell.

Only complaint? The cranberry sauce tastes like canned Ocean Spray. I can make a homemade c. sauce in only a few minutes, with fresh ingredients, that puts what Hart's serves aside.
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:25 PM   #10
garysanfran

Default Russell, Try this...

8 ounces frozen or fresh whole cranberries
1/2 navel orange, zested
1 whole navel orange, juiced
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring
to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring
frequently, until cranberries begin to break down and water
evaporates, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and
allow to cool before serving.
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:01 PM   #11
kawishiwi

Default Not great after 15 years

After 15 years ago being underwhelmed and overcharged I made the same mistake Sunday.
With turkey plates priced the same as I pay for a good rib-eye elsewhere we went for sandwiches, turkey burger & frenh dip. Turkey burger was dry. Frech dip tasted ok. The beef was probably good the day it was cooked which certainly wasnt the day we visited. The temprature profile of the beef, burning hot meat 2 inches from room temp. meat is normally only possible from a microwave oven. And we waited a long time for a microwaved meal when the restaurant was not half full. The plates of turkey I saw pass at adjoining tables looked unappealing.
kawishiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:28 PM   #12
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
After 15 years ago being underwhelmed and overcharged I made the same mistake Sunday.
With turkey plates priced the same as I pay for a good rib-eye elsewhere we went for sandwiches, turkey burger & frenh dip. Turkey burger was dry. Frech dip tasted ok. The beef was probably good the day it was cooked which certainly wasnt the day we visited. The temprature profile of the beef, burning hot meat 2 inches from room temp. meat is normally only possible from a microwave oven. And we waited a long time for a microwaved meal when the restaurant was not half full. The plates of turkey I saw pass at adjoining tables looked unappealing.
This sums up our last visit, only we were the victims of the plates you saw passing.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:52 PM   #13
noreast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
Yup, Last 3 times I said i'd never go back, someone always sucks me in.
noreast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #14
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

I don't think I've been in there in over 15 years. Had a couple bad experiences and never went back and we pass by it every weekend as my house is only about a mile away.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote